It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Dinner Crashers Want 6 Figure Sum For Talk Show Appearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Exec: Obama dinner crashers shopping interview.

By DAVID BAUDER
AP Television Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- The couple who crashed President Barack Obama's first state dinner are peddling their story to broadcast networks for hundreds of thousands of dollars, a television executive says.

The executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the network does not publicly discuss bookings, told The Associated Press that representatives for Michaele and Tareq Salahi contacted networks to urge them to "get their bids in" for an interview. The executive said the Virginia couple was looking for a payment in the mid-six figures range.

Meanwhile, CNN confirmed that the Salahis had canceled an appearance they had scheduled for "Larry King Live" on Monday.

Network news divisions say they don't pay for interviews. But for eagerly sought interviews in the past, they have offered to pay for access to exclusive material, such as pictures or videos from their subjects.

Representatives for the couple did not immediately return telephone and e-mail requests for comment.

The rest of the article can be found [url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_STATE_DINNER_UNINVITED_GUESTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-11-29-13-55-35]here.[/ur l]

Well it's seeems we have another pair of fame whores who are attempting to make a name for thesemvles after the secret service dropped the ball in what could have been a very successfull assasination attempt.

But this is just ridiculous, and the worse part is, some random network like Fox or MSNBC will probably pay it.

I got my money on Larry King, but that's besides the point. How has celebrity culture become so great that it now takes a Presidential Dinner Crashing to make yourself known?

This is truly ridiculous.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Did you know,

White House Party Crashers Linked to Obama’s Radical Pal Rashid Khalidi

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

Here is a picture of them with Obama in 2005, maybe he should bail out is friends?

www.wnd.com...

a June 2005 photo from Polo Contacts Worldwide shows the Salahis with Obama at a pre-event to America's Polo Cup. Others in the photo include American Idol's Randy Jackson and members of the rock group Black Eyed Peas.

Salahi is a former board member of the American Task Force on Palestine.

www.wnd.com...

just say'in

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wow that's intense, thanks for the info.

That strikes a really eerie cord as far as I am concerned. Obama would have known they were not supposed to be there if he met with them at the State Dinner then.

Why wasn't anything done about it?

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

American Power discovered this on the White House party crashers- They belong to a radical anti-Israeli group:

Tareq Salahi, the polo-playing intruder, is a Palestinian nationalist with ties to the American Task Force on Palestine (ATFP) , a pro-Palestine lobby demanding the “right of return” for all Palestinian refugees and their descendants. The “right of return” has long been considered the backdoor to Israel’s destruction. But not only that: ATFP President Ziad Asali is an America-basher who blamed 9/11 on U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East. Asali was a lead U.S. official to PLO terrorist Yassir Arafat’s funeral in 2004. And in a position paper in 2007, the ATFP called for a power-sharing agreement at the Palestinian Authority, which would have included the State Department’s designated-terrorist group, Hamas.

And, there’s more…
Canada Free Press reported that the American Task Force for Palestine (ATFP) has airbrushed references to Salahi from its website:

We do know for a fact that among the slew of memberships on charitable boards, Tareq Salahi is a former member of The American Task Force on Palestine (ATFP). The only way to know for a fact is because even though ATFP scrubbed all references to Salahi as a board member, he can still be found on Google cache. (Canada Free Press)

Sad that White House Secret Service are looking like Keystone Kops in the aftermath of Obama’s very first state house dinner in the tent.

While the media is fixated on the hitch in Michaele Salahi’s git-along, there can be no doubt that these recently minted “party crashers” really get around.

American Power has more on the Salahi’s leadership role with the the American Task Force on Palestinian, the “moderate” rights groups pushing a thinly-veiled program of Palestinian nationalism and the “right of return” (the backdoor destruction of Israel).

According to Discover the Networks, ATFP’s former vice president is Rashid Khalidi, the Columbia University Middle East Studies professor and militant Palestinian rights activist. Khalidi cites the late Edward Said as his major influence, and according to the entry cited, “As with Said before him, Khalidi’s involvement with the Palestinian cause goes beyond mere support.” And, “Khalidi so strongly identified with the aims of the PLO, which was designated as a terrorist group by the State Department during Khalidi’s affiliation with it in the 1980s, that he repeatedly referred to himself as ‘we’ when expounding on the PLO’s agenda.” Also, according to Campus Watch, ATFP remains in full support Kahlidi, for example, during charges of academic misconduct in 2005, at the time of Senator Barack Obama’s meeting with Tareq Salahi. See, “ATFP EXPRESSES FULL SUPPORT FOR COLUMBIA PROFESSOR RASHID KHALIDI.

Note too that Obama’s ties to the Palestinian community became something of an issue during the 2008 campaign. See, the Los Angeles Times, “Allies of Palestinians See a Friend in Obama.” Plus, from Andrew C. McCarthy and Claudia Rosett, “In Obama’s Hyde Park, It’s All in the Family: Passing Anti-American Radicalism From Generation to Generation.

As you may recall. The LA Times hid the tape of Barack Obama attending a 2003 Jew-bash where he praised and toasted the former PLO operative Rashid Khalidi.

With Barack Obama, it’s always about the radicalism. Always.

americanpowerblog.blogspot.com...

canadafreepress.com...

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

Confirmed: MSM Holds Video Of Barack Obama Attending Jew-Bash & Toasting a Former PLO Operative… Refuse to Release the Video!
gatewaypundit.firstthings.com... lease-the-video/

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Wow that's intense, thanks for the info.

That strikes a really eerie cord as far as I am concerned. Obama would have known they were not supposed to be there if he met with them at the State Dinner then.

Why wasn't anything done about it?

~Keeper

He knows who they are, I wonder what kind of game he is playing, and how long can he continue to get away with it?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Perhaps this was intentional on his part to make the Secret Service and White House security look lax.

I mean, what better way to sell better "security" than by saying " Look! Even I am not safe in my own home".

Then again, it hasn't garnered an incredible ammount of media attention, most likely because of the connections between these people.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I just have to say that I have had a great laugh about this. I think it was great and they should not get into trouble. Everything is being treated to serious anymore , no one can have any fun . It also tells them folks in the White House that they are no better than the rest of us .

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Then again, it hasn't garnered an incredible ammount of media attention, most likely because of the connections between these people.

Good point, I wouldn't doubt it.

top topics

join