It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The Rewards In Heaven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Our works won't get us to heaven, but we are told here that we will be rewarded according to our works.

What are the rewards? Is there any biblical reference to them?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. -Jesus

I think hes also preparing some mansions for us

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Its gonna be great!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The rewards of the father are wisdom and understanding, of which nothing physical can be compared. Those who find the father early are reward with such.

Proverbs 8

1Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

2She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

3She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

4Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

5O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

7For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

12I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

13The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

14Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

15By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.

16By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

What people seem to think is "rich" and valuable is actually poor.

[edit on 11/29/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

I don't have a handy Bible with me but those who have are free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But the whole Universe or just our Galaxy will renewed, regenerated, purged, reformatted, rebooted, re-animated - whatever you want to call it... At some point in time.

Everything has to be destroyed so to purge all evil out. It's like your trusty Windows OS. If it gets infected by virus(evil!) and no 3rd application software is strong enough to remove the virus. Only one thing left is to re-format all infected hard disk drives. By reformatting, all data including the virus is destroyed! However you begin from scratch unless you have backuped your files.

But it seems in Heavens(Universe) there is no backups or even the backups has been corrupted.

After all evil has been purged (including all your memories) You can be re-animated in the new Heavens (New Universe). And in this New Heaven, there's absolutely no concept of evil, no money, no trading, no making money, no jobs(all volunteers!), no one will be greedy, everyone will care for one another..... I absolutely can't imagine how it's going to be like without any evil left to fight!!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think what you are looking for might be more along these lines:

There are crowns.

People designated to were crowns are royalty and priests. Abilemech, Vashti, Esther, David, and Jesus are examples. Crowns can be literal, made up of gold, silver & jewels or they can be figuratively like a crown of gray hair, which is attained by a righteous life.

Examples of Old Testament Crowns:

A crown of everlasting joy will be on the heads of the ransomed.
A crown of beauty instead of ashes for those who grieve.
A crown of splendor, like a diadem in the hand of God.

Examples of New Testament Crowns:

There is a crown of righteousness for those who have longed for the appearing of Jesus.

There is a crown of life for those who persevere under trials and tribulation, even that which may possibly lead to your death.

There is a crown of glory for those who aid in shepherding the flocks, not because they have to or do it for money but because they want to and have an almost insatiable zeal for God himself. It says this crown will never fade.
-------------------------------------------------

There are rewards.

Examples of Old Testament Rewards:

God told Abraham, that he was his shield, his very great reward.

There is a reward for being obedient and not bowing down to idols and setting up images or stones.

Rewards are given for keeping Gods laws, statutes, precepts and commands.

Children are a reward from God.

The everlasting covenant (where one knows God intimately) is the highest reward.

God searches our hearts and examines our very minds, to reward us accordingly.

God is always watching his people and the way we conduct ourselves. This can lead to rewards.

Examples of New Testament Rewards:

We are to rejoice and be glad because our rewards in heaven are so great.

There is a reward for loving your enemies.

There is a reward for giving to the needy privately and not being a showboat.

Rewards from the Father are given secretly.

Secretly praying leads to secret rewards from the Father.

Secretly fasting (you put the oil on your face, then wash it off, so only God knows what you are doing) leads to rewards from the Father.

There is a prophet reward for receiving a prophet just because he is a prophet.

And there is a righteous mans reward for receiving a righteous man just because he is righteous.

The Son of Man gives rewards.

The OT declares the Saviour is coming and that his reward is with him. Jesus declares in Rev. that he is coming soon and his reward is with him.

I want to add one thing concerning "works." Jesus said that the "work of God is this: to believe in the one he sent." John 6:29.

It's really as simple as that. Repenting and believing are keys to unlocking all the wonderful mysteries.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Good replies everyone - thank you!

This does clear up some things. I think I was looking for specific things that are mentioned as rewards. All I've seen really is mansions and crowns. Rewards are mentioned many times. And many times it says rewarded according to works. So it seems the more works, the more rewards. I guess I was thinking too much along the lines of (What is it) when really, its not a thing you can put your hands on (other than the mansion)

The rewards as stated by Myrtales Instinct:

The everlasting covenant (where one knows God intimately) is the highest reward.

although intangible, are extremely powerful and something to be highly desired.

Which brings up another interesting thought...

I hesitate to use the word levels - but not sure what else to call it. Since there are levels of rewards. (or at least some have more than others) Then wouldn't it also go to say there are levels of punishment?

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

And along the lines of the rewards being mostly intangible - are the punishments or (stripes) equally intangible? Or are they a very real unquenchable everlasting fire?

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
My experiences are tangible.

For instance, God said that he is the spring of living water. And Jesus told the woman at the well, 'if you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.' He then proceeds to tell her, that by believing in him, streams of living water will flow from within them."

Living water isn't a concept, it's a gift and something you can really feel inside you (kingdom within).

Another one would be the oil of gladness. This is a real smell and so potent and lasting, that sometimes others can smell it. It is also an indication of someone being anointed for various reasoning.

Levels isn't such a bad term to use because many are at different levels in their spiritual understanding of God and their personal relationships with him. I'm by no means Catholic but I believe more like they do, that there will be a place of purifying. What all that entails, I'm not sure of. I've read some horrible things in one of the books of Enoch and there is a story of a person being whipped found in one of the texts that was found in Nag Hammadi (Egypt).

But what I really believe is that God is love and he sent Jesus to bridge a gap that has been between himself and us. And if we do, the things Jesus asked of us (repent, ask, seek, knock etc) the purification process will begin now. People need to start really believing that with God all things are possible and those who want to experience him need to start expecting the unexpected.

Even today, God's arm isn't too short to save.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

top topics

join