It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have a big problem with the majority of Muslims, they simply have no respect, they have come over to Europe and America, built mosques, demanded WE change for them, held protests against our soldiers on parade calling us butcherers, they simply overblow everything, there are plenty of jokes made on Jews and Christians but they laugh it off, but muslims come out in force, machetes in hand, rags around the heads shouting "Behead the infidels".

They want mosques in our countries but what would happpen if we wanted to build churches in there countries? They would give us a no, a whip and maybe even a jail sentence.

They refuse to intergrate with us.

My evidence?
Look at what is happening in Europe, protests and outrage..
The Swiss vote to ban Minarets, the British have the English Defense League, the ever growing anti extremist group, the BNP have got more and more votes, geert wilders is getting ever so more popular..

If Muslims arent doing anything wrong why are all these protests rising up?

My message to Muslims worldwide who might be reading this.

Respect our laws, respect our Christian culture.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ah! not another thread...do a favor and click on search you will find a similar themed thread(s).

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

The problem isn't Muslims, its egoistic people.
line 2
line 3

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

muslims come out in force, machetes in hand, rags around the heads shouting "Behead the infidels".

You don't truly understand the problem at all do you?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There's problems within every oragnized religion. Like everything else, there are bad apples in every bunch. Its that whole throwing stones while living in a glass house thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I personaly am not religious in a sense. I believe that we are all here because of the intervention of a higher race. As for muslims i "used" to feel the same. I no longer feel like that. The problem in fact is greed, the wanting for everything in order to have the power to get what you want. For who has everything also has the power to have people kneel at their feet. The other problem is actually having the wrong people with everything and the power!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It has noting to do with what you think. The problem most muslims face in the western world is the mandatory sentence of all people born in the west and that is to work. Now being very community minded the muslims who who dont have responsible jobs want to help out in the community and not work in some menial job. Thats understandable but in the west you are told you must work so they cant sign on and get benefits but then how are they able to feed and cloth themselves. The community will help to some extent but then theres luxuries in which the community cannot afford to provide. Now these people are doing unpaid work within and out of their community but are finding it extremly difficult to reconcile the fact that their living standards isnt what it should be. The Koran teaches to better yourselves and working to better the larger community plays a large role in this but when you are being forced to work in menial jobs how is that bettewring yourselves? Now I am not a muslim and the above is an observation I have made over the years listening to other muslims through the net and real life.
Even I am fed up with our system in the west and feel that something has to be done to take us away from this capitalist system which is clearly taking advantage of poorer countries taking thier wealth from them.
Yes they are extremists within islam but peoples negativity to the majority of muslims who oppose the radicals within their culture is not a good way to lessen the voice of those extremists. Infact it will have the opposite effect and young people who are very sensitive to whats in the news may and have take defensive measures and then hit back.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I hate this childish argument. We couldn't do "insert here" in such and such a country yet they can in ours. It's ridiculous,makes no sense and has more holes in it than a sieve.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Solomons.

You can't just blanket a whole group of people as extremists for the actions of some.

You don't see that kind of activity in the West, and there are PLENTY of muslims here.

I agree that they should respect countries as they have been founded, however, in all the muslim communities I have been in, and all the devoted "real" muslims I have met, there is something they all don't want.

To make ANYBODY but themselves live under Shariah law, they simply want to live that way wherever they live, not for everybody for themselves.

But alas it's not the way things should be, religion is a poison on this world. Not personnal religion, but organized religion.

There are extremists in every group and it's always been that way, you just hear about it more for Muslims cause..."shhh, they are the terrorists..".

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Fight hate with hate... What could go wrong?

link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
They refuse to intergrate with us.

Well, based off of this gem of yours:

So do I.

You want to ram a Christian culture down other people's throats but you don't want them ramming their poison of choice down your throat? How very childish indeed.

If Muslims arent doing anything wrong why are all these protests rising up?

Last I checked, protests aren't something I would consider "doing wrong" and the founders of this country are turning in their graves that the idea of protest would be an excuse to belittle a group of people.

My message to Muslims worldwide who might be reading this.

I'm sure they'll appreciate your kind message of love and wanting to live in peace with your patronizing blanket remarks against their entire religion.

Who wouldn't?

link   

Originally posted by Seiko

muslims come out in force, machetes in hand, rags around the heads shouting "Behead the infidels".

You don't truly understand the problem at all do you?

I don't think you get what OP is saying. If I go to a muslim country,I have to respect their beliefs and culture. Isn't it fair to say if muslims come to my country they should respect our cultures and beliefs. If you are going to emigrate then make sure it is some where that you can assimilate in. Why bother coming if you just want the same thing. If that is the case you should just stay where you are.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Here in Cape Town we have a very old Muslim community, and amongst the local communities there are few problems.
A few years back however we had a vigilante group called Pagad (People aganst gangsterism and drugs). Next we had an urban terror campaign agaisnt bars, the Jewish centre of the Book, a gay club and moderate mosques. Even courts were targeted, and I missed a pipe-bomb by an hour once.
Since then the ANC has clamped down on Qibla/Pagad. Part of this effort included cutting the funding. The weird thing is, while Pagad is generally blamed for the Planet Hollywood bombing in the Cape Town Waterfront, nobody has ever been arrested fot that specifically.
Shortly afterwards we had 9/11, and I couldn't help thinking that they were rehearsing it here. Here, most Muslims are dark or Malay, so it shocked me afterwards to see white converts with their "Viva Osama" T-shirts. I sometimes think recent converts to any belief are hardcore, naive and somewhat deluded. They tend to give everyone a bad name.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by halfoldman]

[edit on 29-11-2009 by halfoldman]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i live in a predominantly muslim area (40%). and i do like my neighbors a lot. they are helpful, friendly, chatty and we have really nice conversations abt politics and spirtuality (eg with a guy studying islam and a catholic polish guy; i am very interested in religions as such, and i found it particularly interesing to get introduced to the islamic economics theory) i do not see them as a threat whatsoever. if it comes to a lack of respect: muslim teens are as off standish, as kids are, so i can't be too bothered.

i am very cautious abt the rise of the bnp and other racist/ fashis parties, esp since they attract that kind of voters (working/ dole class, underdogs), thay would rather have chucked out of the country. but this is not the muslims fault, it is a portrait of how desperate the british society. tories failed, labour failed big times, and the general social and economic state is going downhill. imho, this is the point to tackle the problem, not the muslims.

best,
bertrand

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Another exceptionally written and amazingly well thought out and profound thread from you sir

Oh no.... my mistake.

It was just a bigoted, hate-filled tirade.
The likes of which Nick Griffin would be proud of.

Absolutely pathetic

A video for you to enjoy.

[edit on 29/11/09 by blupblup]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You know what my problem with Muslims is? They claim America is the land of the free then protest when they can't determine exactly how our laws should be. They rage against abortion clinics and bomb them. They tell gays they can't be equal. They whine about when we pagans or atheists or agnostics want to have some freedom of our own. They get mad when schools teach evolution. They get angry when we wish our kids learn something else other than creationism.

Stupid Muslims...

oh wait I got the groups mixed up again

my bad

-Kyo

[edit on 29-11-2009 by KyoZero]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

This post takes some of the most extreme features of Christian fundamentalism. No prescriptive form of religion is pleasant.
You see, in most Muslim countries people don't kill abortionists, gays and so forth. The state does it. At least some Muslims would like to impose such a state on all the world. Well I say: no way!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And that is fine...I agree extreme Muslims shouldn't rule...I also agree extreme Christians shouldn't either...I am just saying if we are pointing fingers...well hey we got plenty of others to point at as well

These threads are so awful...it feels like it is just a place to spew hatred

-Kyo

top topics

join