It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by elevatedone
Ah another thread filled with ignorance.

Most of you just taking another - any opportunity to bash cops, probably because you've had a ticket, or a run in with the law.

You're spouting your own ignorance too (and a mod at that!)

You fail to understand that many people have been the victims of police corruption. To not stray too far from the subject, yes it's a tragedy.

But then again it's also a tragedy when a cop kills an unarmed man, or punches a wheelchair bound person, or beats up a kid or attacks the general public just for legally protesting or slams an innocent man face first into the ground.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Please climb off your high horse and understand that some people are wise enough to know that some cops deserve everything they get.

This may or may not be the case here, but i'd stay away from the name calling. A mod too.

tut tut tut

Those events are rare for law abiding citizens. That's not to say they don't happen but i think its clear some are making out those events are more common than they really are.

Bet that as it may, its a side issue. Today, 4 men were murdered going about their business. You have no knowledge of these people yet see fit to make these kind of generic comments in a thread about their brutal murder.

I don't know what's wrong with some people in here. Contemptible.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I sincerely hope that you never need the assistance of an officer.

Personally, I've never found a situation that was improved because the cops showed up. There's always the law of unintended consequences, the wrong people can wind up in jail or dead too easily.

I'm tough enough, smart enough, and wise enough to handle pretty much anything life throws at me: I've stood down gunmen, broke up bar robberries, calmed down irate bikers, and chilled too-loud parties without any assistance from cops, thank you very much.

The few times I did call them, like when my sister broke up with a guy she was dating who beat her up and threatened her kids and he showed up drunk for round 2, turned out the cops played football with him in high school and just took him home, and threatened me and my sister if we bitched about it. none of my other experiences calling cops has ever worked out any better, so I learned early on they weren't there to protect or serve Native Americans, so I protect myself and mine without their "help".

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

So you've assumed the murdered cops were "wrong uns" then?........you also appear to assume that all cops are "wrong uns"!

Have you not considered that they may have been murdered because of criminals they may have arrested or got on the wrong side off?

In any profession there will be a bad element, it is however normally a small element, so why are you assuming that these police officers were engaged in nefarious activities and that is why they were murdered?

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?,,,,,,or have you just had a bad run in with the police in the past and formed an opinion that they must all be bad apples?

link   
Nope wrong.

I was simply saying that calling people ignorant who have suffered at the hands of police and therefore having a valid understanding as to why in some cases it could be justified.

Please read what i say before replying, it avoids confusion.

link   

Ah another thread filled with ignorance.

Most of you just taking another - any opportunity to bash cops, probably because you've had a ticket, or a run in with the law.

Or could be you have nothing better to do than just jump on the latest "waggon" and bash cops.

I sincerely hope that you never need the assistance of an officer.

Although I don't agree with anyone killing anyone, the cop bashing is well deserved. Every day we read more and more about police abuses, tazering of granma, the beat down and killing of protesters, generally just bad cop behavior.

True, not all cops are bad, just as every person serving in the military isn't stacking up nude prisoners for their personal enjoyment. By the same token, not all cops are good and not all military people are good. Every person accused of a crime isn't guilty any more than every police arrest is correct.

The point here, is as this is a conspiracy site, and I remember reading an artical on here where one of the signs of people having had enough would be the direct targeting of the police. Could this instance be that very sign? Perhaps, but I don't know. I have had many many bad experiences with the police, and very few good ones. I am not a criminal, nor do I really care if I get tickets, (my company pays them for me).

The police are not saints, they are humans. Far too many turn a blind eye to the injustices metered out by brother police, and far too many abuse their positions as police. The disdain you perceive here against the police is well deserved in many cases.

I hope that either way, we find out the truth. If they were corrupt and this was "get back" for something they did, you reap what you sow. If they were targeted only because they were police, then this may indeed a sign of people having had enough. If it was a gang initiation, then I hope justice, true justice is served. But for now, I'll reserve my opinion on how great these four were until I hear the rest....If I hear the rest.

..Ex

link   
The only thing that seems certain is that these 4 were targeted.The rest is the usual ATS speculation before the facts become available.Please wait for more details before passing judgements.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

yes very true, thats why we should have a dedicated forum for this here on ATS like it was discussed last week and seemingly disappeared but im in belief the high rise of this deserves its own forum for discussion because it will only continue to grow and does so everyday

[edit on 29-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
I'm tough enough, smart enough, and wise enough to handle pretty much anything life throws at me: I've stood down gunmen, broke up bar robberries, calmed down irate bikers, and chilled too-loud parties without any assistance from cops, thank you very much.

Uh huh and if your communications skills are as good in RL as they are on line I'm sure that you would have been handed your butt many of those(supposed) times. The Kernel is thinking:

cdn.mikeabundo.com...

The few times I did call them, like when my sister broke up with a guy she was dating who beat her up and threatened her kids and he showed up drunk for round 2, turned out the cops played football with him in high school and just took him home, and threatened me and my sister if we bitched about it.

That is a sad"story".

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
here is the live Pierce county sheriffs scanner feed if anybody wants to follow the manhunt. I just heard they might have found a subject on the scanner but they could not detain him on anything. Interesting is all I can say.

Pierce County Sheriff Scanner

[edit on 29-11-2009 by wiredamerican]

link   

Nope wrong.

I was simply saying that calling people ignorant who have suffered at the hands of police and therefore having a valid understanding as to why in some cases it could be justified.

Please read what i say before replying, it avoids confusion.

So you're saying murder can be justified, is that right? Or is it only people you don't like that applies to?

link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by mr-lizard

So please, less of the attacks on a fellow member of ATS, and back to the subject matter at hand please.

It wasn't an attack, if anything i was defending peoples rights to an opinion.

I was not the one who was bouncing the ignorant word around.

Thankyou.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It wasn't an attack, if anything i was defending peoples rights to an opinion.

I'm glad you were defending Elevatedones right to an opinion.

Now, the subject of this thread is "4 police officers shot dead in Wash" - so how about getting back to the discussion at hand, eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Man i abhor violence.

I'm simply saying people have every right to be angry. Anger is a natural reaction to injustice.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have had both good and bad experiences with police in the past. Most have been good. I am curious as to more details on what happened, though I have a few ideas, and don't think it was an ambush, nor an assisination. I will wait and watch for the details on this, as it should prove to be interesting, as our attention is begin drawn up there.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Why don't people finish sentences anymore?

The saying is "One bad apple spoils the barrel".

Toleration of bad apples spoils the barrel, or department, as it were.

And it isn't just one or a few. The reason "good cops" say they can't take down the bad ones is that they fear lack of support when they need it. Think about that for minute. That means a majority of cops would allow a fellow cop to be murdered if he didn't toe their line and protect them from being legally charged with crimes. That means the majority are bad apples, not just a few.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by phoenix103

Man i abhor violence.

I'm simply saying people have every right to be angry. Anger is a natural reaction to injustice.

In context perhaps but this thread is about the murder of four people.

These sicko's have popped up to have a go at people who aren't event cold yet.

All for freedom of speech but it doesn't come unquestioned.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
on the matter of the board knowing theres members in this thread that are approving be sure to put your thoughts in on a police brutality forum the thread is located here. I live in a small town i have no problem with the law in my city most are all good here, but in major cities its a different world or corruption and beatings on innocent public

New Board? Police Brutality/Law Enforcement Over Steps

link   
It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
I wonder what exactly are the circumstances...?

on a side note, it's nice to see the usual "puppets" (fake accounts) in here posting.
Always the same huh?

link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
This sounds like something Los Zetas would do in Mexico. None of the employees or any other patrons were targeted.

Mark my words, until we seal off that border permanently and completely incidents like this will become common occurrences.

This thread is making my stomach ache

We are at war fighting for our constitutional rights and the police are the one's abusing it by following orders from "Gov Gone Wild" that take more it seems everyday.

This country smells of BS right now and its gonna get worse before it gets better,if at all.

The last thing we need is another "Berlin Wall" What if you want to get out...it works both ways.

And just so you all know , I hate war and any death is sad , my prayers to the families of the "Fallen One's" of the 2nd American revolution.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

I'm glad you were defending Elevatedones right to an opinion.

Thankyou, and i'm glad you're defending mine.

Now, the subject of this thread is "4 police officers shot dead in Wash" - so how about getting back to the discussion at hand, eh?

Indeed, hence the speculation on why the cops were murdered. Where they corrupt? Where they simply in the wrong place at the right time?

Was one of them a bad apple who was targeted and the other three maybe just in the wrong place?

Did they have links to a crime family or gang? Any evidence of it being a revenge attack for a previous arrest?

An ambush to me says 'planning' so that rules out a lone nut.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join