It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 police officers shot dead in Wash.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This hits home...I have family in Yelm, not far from this location. It sickens me that so many people on here start to point fingers and make accusations about the police having done an unethical or illegal act to bring this on them. Did it ever occur to the morons mentioned above that these are police; they arrest drug dealers, murder's and gang members..Is it such a stretch to think they did their jobs correctly and some dirt bag took revenge on them for it?

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Sorry, but most cops are criminals by virtue of covering up for and not arresting the "bad apple cops" they know about.

When I see a cop arrest a fellow cop, I'll respect him and give him or her their props. But far too many are arrogant jerks who think nothing of lying in court or ruining other peoles' live because they're having a bad day and it relieves their stress, and every other cop looks the other way. We see the proof here every day.

If cops can look at the public and consider them all perps until and unless proven otherwise, we can look at all cops as bad ones unless and until they are proven otherwise, too. Just because you're a cop doesn't make you a good guy, just because you're related to them doesn't make them good guys either.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The komo4 news lady claimed it was 2 men....so who's right I wonder.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Maybe I should clarify, when I said something big I was eluding to the predicted spill over of the Mexican drug war... Since we already have that spill over New Mexico Texas and AZ. I was wondering when it would move deeper into the country... that is the something big I' m waiting to hear about... not civil war part 2

Now that I can buy. There is a LARGE Mexican presence and drug presence in Tacoma. Heck, there was one of the biggest drug raids on what we refer to as the "Hilltop" near downtown Tacoma by the FBI about 15 or so years ago. This I can buy.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by dariousg

Does los zetas have black members?

Troyer said the suspect is a black male, 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-10, 20s to 30s, scruffy appearance, wearing a black coat, blue jeans.

www.king5.com...

Not that I know of. I think they are strictly Latino. However, there are other large gangs in that area. Very important point. I missed that in the stories I have read on it. I have simply heard that it was two men. No actual descriptions until yours.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Duplicate post

[edit on 29-11-2009 by dariousg]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There are darker skinned Hispanics who could easily be considered Black but AFAIK darker skinned Hispanics are rare in Mexico but are pretty common in the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and South America proper, etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
To those who are giving knee-jerk defenses and assuming a mantle of righteousness for these men, do you do the same for their victims?

Do you assume the guy the cops shot was a good person with family and a nice pet who will miss them? Or do you assume he was a scumbag who got what he deserved because they shot him?

Seems to me cop defenders always assume every kill by cops is a just deed protecting society, and every cop killing a tragic loss. It works boths ways guys, some cops are scumbags and some people they kill are. No big loss either way.

But far more good people are shot by cops than good cops are shot by people.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

You are dead WRONG...A loss of life, anyone's life is a big deal.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Still why is it news. Police are mostly murderers. So who knows who they upset.

This is one of the most appalling things i've ever read in this forum.

Not only are you wrong, you pick a time moments after 4 people have been murdered to say this type of thing.

You sir should hang your head in shame.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
To those who are giving knee-jerk defenses and assuming a mantle of righteousness for these men, do you do the same for their victims?

Do you assume the guy the cops shot was a good person with family and a nice pet who will miss them? Or do you assume he was a scumbag who got what he deserved because they shot him?

Seems like you are making the same assumptions. What about the families of these officers. Daddy isn't coming home anymore and you have NO idea of any discretions these men did. If any.

But far more good people are shot by cops than good cops are shot by people.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by apacheman]

The Kernel would love to see a link for this info. Until then it's opinion from a keyboard coward.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Kernel Korn]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
This hits home...I have family in Yelm, not far from this location. It sickens me that so many people on here start to point fingers and make accusations about the police having done an unethical or illegal act to bring this on them. Did it ever occur to the morons mentioned above that these are police; they arrest drug dealers, murder's and gang members..Is it such a stretch to think they did their jobs correctly and some dirt bag took revenge on them for it?

Did it ever occur to you that just maybe they were corrupt and pissed off the wrong people? Is it such a stretch to think that maybe they created their own form of terror and in the process killed a loved one?

Cops today are in the business of framing, killing or otherwise marginalizing private citizens. They don't care who you are or where you come from. You are guilty as soon as you come into contact with them.

Until we know all the facts don't expect us not to speculate on what the motive was. That is unless this has become a place where you are not allowed to speculate or not have an opinion.

Either they did their job right and for that they were killed or they wronged someone through SOP that is all to prevalent in the United States Police Departments. If it's the latter I say good riddance to the pigs. They got what they deserved.

If they were good cops and that is proven then I do feel they need to be avenged.

As far as "feeding the trolls." Just because someone has a bad opinion of the cops doesn't mean their trolls but you moderators keep up your shill work... You do a good job of it...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Could this latest ambush be related to an earlier ambush

Officer Timothy Brenton, the Seattle cop and father of two killed on Saturday night in Leschi, was probably targeted at random, police say. Assistant Police Chief Jim Pugel called Brenton's murder an "assassination." And sources who spoke to King 5 say that all indications point to a planned attack: the gunmen approached from the rear then backed up after shooting, possibly to avoid being caught on Brenton's dashboard-camera.

blogs.seattleweekly.com...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Ah another thread filled with ignorance.

Most of you just taking another - any opportunity to bash cops, probably because you've had a ticket, or a run in with the law.

Or could be you have nothing better to do than just jump on the latest "waggon" and bash cops.

I sincerely hope that you never need the assistance of an officer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I was thinking along these lines, too. I wonder if we have another Rampart Division thing going on here? What are the odds the cops will do a genuine background check on what these officers may have been doing that might have been illegeal and got them killed for it? Pretty slim, is my guess, and hidden if it turns out they were skimming or stealing drugs or otherwise helping themselves to the unofficial perks of the job.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Ah another thread filled with ignorance.

Most of you just taking another - any opportunity to bash cops, probably because you've had a ticket, or a run in with the law.

You're spouting your own ignorance too (and a mod at that!)

You fail to understand that many people have been the victims of police corruption. To not stray too far from the subject, yes it's a tragedy.

But then again it's also a tragedy when a cop kills an unarmed man, or punches a wheelchair bound person, or beats up a kid or attacks the general public just for legally protesting or slams an innocent man face first into the ground.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Please climb off your high horse and understand that some people are wise enough to know that some cops deserve everything they get.

This may or may not be the case here, but i'd stay away from the name calling. A mod too.

tut tut tut

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
Did it ever occur to you that just maybe they were corrupt and pissed off the wrong people?

uhm ... 4 officers accomplishing pre-shift paperwork, briefings etc.

If it were a case of someone seeking "revenge" on an individual or group of individuals, HOW could they have possibly known that THESE 4 would ALL be there at the same time?

Nope. Seems mOar a case of some Nutter having a grudge against ALL law enforcement and simply going in all willie nilly... just shooting anyone with a badge.

Personally,
When they're caught up with I truly hope they take a "shot down in a blaze of glory" approach to the situation, as it would seem only right and proper that justice be best served in the same indiscriminate manner they chose to take.

With regards some of the previous comments made thus far, one can only see them being as horrid as the initial actions which find us having this discussion in the first place. :shk:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I think you might have missed the disclaimer around the post.

I also think you should read this.

Moderators are people too. (and they have opinions)

So please, less of the attacks on a fellow member of ATS, and back to the subject matter at hand please.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Looks like they may have have found a white truck used by shooter(s). Hopefully, it will lead them to the killers.

Police seized a white pickup truck parked in a nearby parking lot and were preparing to put it on a flatbed truck. Detectives were preparing search warrants for multiple locations, Troyer said.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join