It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacteria from Mars found inside ancient meteorite

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Interesting evidence that indicates Mars had life. I have a personal theory that NASA scientists have podered: We put life on Mars. If it was already there it is now accompanied by bacteria we launched up there. I contend Earth bacteria is now widespread on the surface of Mars. It may make life from Mars hard to find.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Just a thought; not being bipedal is a given but how do we know that they were not giants on their planet. Had superior intelligence on their planet and had the tiny technology for space travel. I know that it sounds goofy but.............

yak055h

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dances With Angels

Huh, wha? (wipes drool from mouth)... Someone say 'alien life'?
Oh, nevermind... Please wake me when they find a fossilised alien skull.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think they are going about it wrong.
Instead of looking for life in zones they think it might like they need to exclude zones.
look for places it can not exist.
so far every time they say life can not survive there they have been wrong.
deep ocean-wrong
arctic ice -wrong
hydrothermal vents-wrong
miles below the surface in solid rock-wrong

anyone else see the pattern here?

I was wrong about disclosure but microbes is kinda a lame disclosure.But technically they haven't found life as it was a fossil,not alive.

I am glad to hear it however as it confirms the obvious and maybe some people will start to educate themselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

you have to understand that the forming of the solar system is a very LONG process, and theres no real "time" when to say its stopped forming. Technically its still forming. So really its just a play on words.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am glad we finally have proof that some life was out there at one point in time.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
www.foxnews.com...

MSM

Sweeeeet! Glory day.

Of course, I could of just said "ho hum, bacteria is no big deal", but then I guess I would be "absolutely out of my mind" or "detached from reality" as a whole.

This discovery is...as said many times by many people...one of (if not THE) biggest discoveries man has ever made.

And I was alive to witness it. From here, we get to watch an incredible event unfold and who knows how long before we scoop up some "living bacteria".

I am very happy with this.

Also...again...the disclosure people were right...just off on their "rational expectations"...but we all knew they are "gun-jumpers" of the most irrational type.

It is so sad that so many people are absolutely lost on the ramifications this means for science, life as a whole, and the entire study of space.

I am so fricken happy about this.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Surely this news cannot come as a shock to us? I mean, we all know there has to be life out there, whether microscopic organisms or otherwise, dont we?

This news for me and surely for most people on here would only back up what we've known for ages.

the places weve found life on Earth surely makes it a dead cert that there has to be 100% with no doubt, life elsewhere also.

all the life weve found in ice, by volcanoes, in deep sea vents. similar environments to other planets im sure.

This life wont mean a thing when we eventually visit some of these planets and start mining the crap out of them anyway.

Holy smoke, all we do here on Earth is absolutley destroy everything we come into contact with. it will eventually be the same off planet. just down the line a bit.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Shock? Hell yes this is a shock. Shocking news to be delivered to us, indeed.

Is it a shock that life exists/existed in space...no...is it promising and AN AMAZING discovery to find it around our sun (two planets in one solar system).

The Drake equation may need a little tweeking, eh?

No...seriously...very amazing...and if this doesn't amaze you or make you understand that "it changes our entire understanding" of our place in the universe, and the "popularity" of life in space...then I am sorry...there is no way to shake you awake.

For those of us "still able to function rationally through the web of deception and disinfo", this is a great day in history.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
strong evidence... I believe it not... We need to get to Mars, and explore ourselves...

Only Then will we know ANYTHING of FACT... They've been speculating about a bacteria laden Mars rock for years and have never been able to come to a definative conclusion...

We need to explore the surface! The answers lie there...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
As long as you have water present then you got life.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
New evidence for early life on Mars: NASA

A new NASA study of a Martian meteorite that made headlines 13 years ago strengthens the original claim that the rock contains evidence of life on ancient Mars.

Researchers at the Johnson Space Center used advanced electron microscopes that weren't available in 1996 to re-examine the magnetite crystals on the meteorite.

The meteorite, called ALH84001, was blasted from the surface of Mars 16 million years ago, scientists say, and is thought to have landed on Earth 13,000 years ago. An American scientist found it in Antarctica in 1984.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I might be missing something here but... is it still yet to be confirmed this came from Mars? And that the bacteria-fossil is actually bacteria? The FOX article made it sound that NASA is just very sure of it, rather than proved it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by TheComte
In all honesty, though, if it's bacterial life that is the subject of disclosure, who really cares? Not Joe Blow on the street. But if it's the disclosure of the exopolitical kind, then way bigger deal.

That is a scary and sad statement. I am ready to face thousands of people saying the very same thing in light of this incredible news.

You are right, "joe blow" will not care....but then again, if it don't have CGI effects, nudity and violence, Mr Blow don't give a damn.

But for a thinking man/woman...this is paramount news, possibly the biggest ever released to the human race.

We don't care much for Joe Blow, do we? I don't. If someone wants to turn a blind eye to anything that isn't in a Hollywood movie, hey, I'll let you be in your ignorance. I have tried to offer suggestions to some people I know quite well, and they won't delve into the subjects or will flat out dismiss them. Great, leave it to me and others, then. The information topics are there for those of us who do want to know if there's something they're hiding. Then, again, it could all be a form off entertainment meant to distract us, and I'm the fool.

That said, if NASA hasn't released information yet, what is it they are waiting for? Wouldn't a simple microscope and a sample suffice to prove what it is they have? Not a biologist, but I did have high school biology and did see cells.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluemcgee

It is established that the meteorite originated on Mars.

It is established that there is virtually no chance that the "micro-fossils" are of an Earthly origin.

It is established that it is extremely unlikely that the heat of the impact which sent the meteorite to Earth is the cause of the formation of the "fossils".

The new data strengthens the original theory of a biological origin but it does not prove it. It has eliminated one theory of a non-biological origin for the magnetite crystals found within the meteorite.

There is not enough data in this single meteorite to prove a biological origin.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I hope they don't let Baxter get a hold of it or we'll be talking about the Martian Flu outbreak this time next year.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

phage i really do like you dude.. so i wont troll on at you but can i ask you a question?

Do you think we are alone in the universe?

Just a simple question

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I think you may have missunderstood my post,(probably my fault for not articulating clearly) In a nutshell, I was trying to say that any life at all be it microbial etc. found on any planet other than earth, has huge implications for possible life throughout the entire universe...

I was not trying to say that disclosure was forthcoming.. just that theese findings are all coming at a fairly quick pace, so I think some of us are getting a bit "numb" to them, and we just expect Nasa, tptb.. etc.. to say next. "oh yeah, by the way ET phoned us last week..." LOL...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Indeed not proven...but comon Phage...it is looking very likely that we have some real fossilized bacteria from Mars.

I know it still has not been proven...but Science can't "prove evolution", but we both know it is "very much so likely" just left as theory because Science doesn't throw the "fact" word around like a whore.

So comon...gimmie some smiles and agree with me...as far as I "know" (and I promise it isn't much)-The one major "reason" behind thinking this so-called-bacterial-fossil "was not bacterial in origin" has now died a timely death.

Correct me if I am wrong...but the biggest nay-saying-clutch-argument for the matter, just fell.

Leaving NASA to agree it is "most likely" fossilized bacteria.

That is how my circle is digesting this info around our discussion tables. Again, correct me if wrong...I am no scientist, but this looks very well in favor of "probably fossilized bacteria" as much as we can tell without "finding living ones to cross reference and study".

Win for the home team?

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join