It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Bush and Cheney try so hard to cover up 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This short video is from Jon Gold of 9/11 Blogger.

The facts speak for themselves. The Bush administration did not want an investigation into 9/11. And after the victims' families hounded and hounded the Bush administration, all they could get was a white-washed failure called the 9/11 Commission Report.

It is truly sad that not only did the Bush administration not want an investigation, Bush and Cheney refused to testify under oath like everyone else, and they refused to testify separately. They had to testify together so that they could keep their stories straight. And then nobody could even get a transcript.

Honest people with nothing to hide would have not only ordered an immediate investigation into the murder of 3000 defenseless citizens on U.S. soil, but would have gladly testified under oath with no objections.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well it probably had something to do with them being allergic to getting lynched by an angry mob.

Just a theory.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
this is a big point that most people have forgotten. they DID not want an investigation. and when it was finally put to together, they put the ultimate white washer in charge. henry kissinger! and that did not sit well with anybody!

i agree with you completely!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
On 911, my wife called me to tell me what was going on, (since I do NOT watch the one-eyed-mind sucker or listen to the radio). I told her that the governments were behind it all. I have studied what has happened in this world for thirty years. It is not hard to see what in going on when you know the past!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
They will hang you for high treason, they know this too well. What other reasons could they possibly have?? They willfully allowed 9/11 to happen or they allowed it to happen because of incompetence.....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I believe this to be very close to a "smoking gun".

What was it, something like $40 Million spent on Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky?

The 911 commission was allocated something like $3 Million initially then increased to $11 Million, what a joke.

The video calls it correctly, they acted like the Perps not people wanting to get to the truth.

I have a funny feeling we won't be seeing debunkers on this thread, S+F!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
I have a funny feeling we won't be seeing debunkers on this thread, S+F!

As we haven't yet!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

The 911 commission was allocated something like $3 Million initially then increased to $11 Million, what a joke

You do realize that your $11 million, doesnt count the millions spent by the various law enforcement/intelligence agencies that were actually conducting the investigations right? The Commission was chartered to interview officials, go over the reports from the various agencies and then condense it into the Report. It wasnt chartered to go all over the world chasing down evidence.

BTW it wouldnt have been just Bush and Cheney. It would been Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Ted Kennedy, Robert Byrd and few hundred other people that would have been on trial for their actions/inactions over the last 30 plus years.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

I'm sorry bud, but even the most avid supporter of the OS can't justify the poor funding, the uncooperation of Bush/Cheney, the attempt to man the commision with stooges and general makeup of the panel.

They can try, but it's obvious that any one who does is being "illogical", an accusation often levelled at truthers!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

I'm sorry bud, but even the most avid supporter of the OS can't justify the poor funding, the uncooperation of Bush/Cheney, the attempt to man the commision with stooges and general makeup of the panel.

They can try, but it's obvious that any one who does is being "illogical", an accusation often levelled at truthers!

Then you havent read enough of my posts. Personally, I think the 9/11 Commission was a waste of money period.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Honest people with nothing to hide would have not only ordered an immediate investigation into the murder of 3000 defenseless citizens on U.S. soil, but would have gladly testified under oath with no objections.

You know I've heard them use the same argument for wire tapping citizens, that if we have nothing to hide we shouldn't be worried about it. That we should freely give them access to our records and personal information. Funny that they would understand this concept only when it furthers their infringement on our rights.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

The facts speak for themselves. The Bush administration did not want an investigation into 9/11. And after the victims' families hounded and hounded the Bush administration, all they could get was a white-washed failure called the 9/11 Commission Report.

I can think of a number of reasons right off the bat...

1) Any discussion on what Bush knew about the attack would almost certainly involve classified information on Al Qaida and how we gathered it, which they didn't want to be made public. Even you have to concur that releasing what secrets we know about an enemy during war time is only going to help the enemy, not us.

2) Bush has to know in the back of his head that he [dcensored] up and [censored] up badly, and he wasn't too keen on revealing how he [censored] up to a committee he thought was looking for someone to lynch.

The point is, Just like most conspiracy theories, there are usually more perfectly reasonable non-conspiracy explanations than there are conspiracy explanations. Automatically assuming in knee jerk reflex that it has to be the result of some secret gov't plot based upon, well, nothing at all, really, is more of an indication of the mindset of the person making claims of conspiracy, than it is anything else.

If we hear that someone's house was robbed, person A who hates blacks will automatically presume the burglar was a black guy, while person B who hates hispanics will automatically assume the burglar was hispanic. Neither will probably ever believe the burglar actually could have been the son of some rich guy that was disinherited becuase he was messed-up-in-the-head.

You DO see where I'm going with this, right?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by GoodOlDave]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I believe this to be very close to a "smoking gun"............ The video calls it correctly, they acted like the Perps not people wanting to get to the truth.

This is just one of *many* smoking guns.

Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Rummy, Rice, et al *are* the perps of 9/11. These people are traitors and mass murderers. We are having so many problems today with the government, central bankers and Wall Street because we did not take the government apart and prosecute the criminal trash directly responsible for 9/11.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bush and Cheney should have been forced to give public testimony.

I can't believe that the US (il)legal and (in)justice system is so weak, that it allowed them both to dictate their terms for supplying 'evidence'.

I can imagine the pair of them snickering and giggling to each other during the 'interview'.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by praxis

This is just one of *many* smoking guns.

Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Rummy, Rice, et al *are* the perps of 9/11. These people are traitors and mass murderers. We are having so many problems today with the government, central bankers and Wall Street because we did not take the government apart and prosecute the criminal trash directly responsible for 9/11.

Now, you see? THIS is literally what scares the crap out of me. Truthers such as this guy have digested so much rubbish coming out of these damned fool conspiracy web sites that he's become thoroughly programmed into believing it's all some secret gov't plot. It doesn't make a microbe of difference that he couldn't tell you what the conspiracy actually is, he is "so sure" there's a conspiracy, so that's good enough for him.

WHY does it scare the crap out of me? After these accusations of conspiracy have driven these people's paranoia level and sense of helplessness to such utter madness, sooner or later, someone is going to get it into his head that he will need to "take matters into their own hands", vigilante style. Noone is going to do anything about Silverstein? Hell, get a pistol and shoot him down like a dog. Noone cares that Cheney murdered 3000 people? Time to get a Manlicher-Carcano and blow his head off Lee Harvey Oswald style. And so on through the lists of perceived enemies, in order to, as this poster said, "take the government apart and prosecute the criminal trash directly responsible for 9/11."

If someone is actually so utterly and completely convinced of these secret conspiracies that they don't say, "I think Bush and Cheney are responsible", but rather, "Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Rummy, Rice, et al *are* the perps of 9/11", they've already gone past the "judge and jury" stage and are looking for the "executioner" stage. The fact that they themselves aren't looking to be the executioner is of little consequence.

I'm actually amazed that noone has been killed over these stupid conspiracy stories yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I love it!

The OS believers cannot even discuss the topic had hand without spewing their hatred against the truth and their pathetic insults and none stop ridiculing.

I have seen such ignorance and a defy of logic from posters who believe in the OS. In all their time on ATS you would think they would have figure there is a problem with the OS.

I do not believe all these defenders of the OS are in here to discuss the truth, it is quiet obvious.

The defenders of the OS want the causal readers to be fooled that their past administration did no wrong.

Sorry to tell you all they are wrong.

Bush and Cheney Lied to Congress and Committed other Impeachable Offenses.

The many individual members of Congress, state legislatures and city councils calling for impeachment have cited a long list of other potential impeachable offenses:

•Willfully violated their oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

•Ordered the National Security Agency to violate provisions of the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) [50 U.S.C. Chapter 36], a felony, specifically authorizing the agency to spy on American citizens without warrant

•Committed war crimes as a result of new and unorthodox measures used by the Bush administration in the war on terrorism

•Exempted detained Taliban and Al Qaeda fighters from the provisions of the Geneva Convention.

•Authorized violation of the Torture Convention of the Geneva Conventions, a treaty regarded as supreme law by the United States Constitution

•Retaliated against critics

•Held American citizens and citizens of other nations as prisoners of war without formal charges, trial or legal representation

•Leaked classified national secrets to further a political agenda, exposing an unknown number of covert United States intelligence agents to potential harm and retribution while simultaneously refusing to investigate the matter

•Authorized, ordered and condoned attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq on civilians, civilian facilities and locations where civilian casualties are unavoidable

•Violated international law by threatening the independence and sovereignty of Iraq by belligerently proclaiming his personal intention to change its government by force

•Authorized, ordered and condoned violations of rights of individuals under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eight Amendments to the Constitution and of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, and other international protections of human rights

•Authorized, directed and condoned bribery and coercion of individuals and governments to obtain war ends

•Was negligent in a slow response to the victims of hurricane Katrina before, during and after

•Demonstrated a pattern of abuse of office and of executive privilege and contempt for the Constitution and our democratic ideals while seeking to expand the powers of the presidency (imperial presidency)

•Illegally used government funds for domestic political propaganda related to the administration's Medicare package, paying commentator Armstrong Williams, etc.

•Used uniformed military personnel for Republican party political purposes

•Obstructed and hindered the work of Congressional investigative bodies

•Failed to take responsibility for, investigate or discipline those responsible for an ongoing pattern of negligence, incompetence and malfeasance to the detriment of the American people.

•Violated the letter and spirit of laws and rules of criminal procedure used by civilian and military courts, and violated or ignored regulatory codes and practices that carry out the law

•Failed to supply our troops in Iraq with adequate war materials such as body armor, armored vehicles and other equipment

•Allowed our maimed and injured troops to be subjected to abhorrent medical care at Walter Reed Hospital

www.cartoons-political.com...

Enjoy reading what the mainstream News doesn’t want you to all know.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by impressme]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
All roads lead to Cheney...he was the point man and was fully aware of what was happeneing and why. bush was kept as far away from it as possible; surely he has enough intelligence to know what happened now but was not in on the details...he is and was untrustworthy by the standards of the major players that arranged 9-11 to begin with.

Drunks and sexual profligates make bad people to entrust with secrets that could bring down high level political and corporate..and military..players, and Bush was led stubling into a script and was told not to stray from it. Cheney of course is a souless, evil man whose only God is power and riches...morality is a laughable concept that he and his ilk disdain totally and relegate to the ' masses' for control and subjugation, in the form of laws and edicts that enforce moral issues instead of purely issues of common good.

Dick Cheney gave the 'ORDER', the infamous order that not ONE mainstream reporter..not ONE among all these years and hundreds of interviews on every imagineable Tv channel..not a single questioner has dared to ask cheney the obvious; " What was the ORDER you gave in the bunker on 9-11 to the ' young officer ' as testified to by Norman Mineta, Bush's transportation Sec.?" Of course we all KNOW that it was a standdown order that disabled the Pentagons defenses and allowed the missle attack.

Naturally Cheney would hide behind some lie such as ' national security' if asked but not one reporter has ever had the gumption to ask the question. They are cowed still by this scourge of humanity and many fear him, perhaps rightfully so. Cheney knows who the main players of 9-11 are and their levels of culpability..he is a very dangerous man if placed in a position to be forced to tell the truth.

But of course no one has, or probable ever will, have the ability to pressure him enough to open up and spill the beans. People like BUSH Senior, Kissinger,and dozens more are the real danger to all people...their comrades across the world are criminals of such magnitude that they fear no discovery due to layers of protection perfected over decades of corrupting and infiltrating the agencies and positions that afford them the means to aquire and use vast resources gleaned from illegal and corrupt sources and means.

What can be done? Nothing...short of the people rising up en masse and dealing with the Cheneys of this world the way the Italian people dealt with Mussolini and company at the end of WW2. Ceaucescu in Romania also received true justice from the people when the truth finally got out and the outrage could not be contained by the military, who saw the people as their masters when the politicians could no longer hide from the light of truth.

Nothing short of revolt will cure what ails the USA today...it is too deep...too entrenched, too committed to evil pursuits for profit to repent..too far gone to convince....and we all know that Cheney and his pals who pulled off 9-11 will never face the bar of justice in this life...only a group or individual determined to stop the evil ones can make a real difference, but it requires total devotion to the cause, and there are not many people in the USA who can see the long term benefit of such actions when compared to their own life and liberty...and so the beat goes on...and on..

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think George W. was and is as clueless as many people have told the media the reason Dick Cheney was with him during their testimony was to make sure that they maintain the image of a President who knew what was going on when clearly he was merely a puppet for the neocons. Cheney and the others were doing the real cover up while W did what he did best smile at the cameras and wave to the people and stumble through speeches.

top topics

join