It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LOST TABLET OF THE HIPPIE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is reportedly a true story about a mysterious carved tablet found in a corn field on Rainbow Farm in Oregon, which was brought to the Hopi elders just before the first Rainbow Gathering.

No images can be found, maybe none were ever made? A description is as follows.

The rock itself was carved on one side with images that were themselves made up of smaller images, figures and faces, and within those smaller signs, figures, designs, until smaller than that it was hard to tell where the carving left off and the natural pattern of the rock began

The rock began a long odyssey. It was carried and cared for by many different people. It went to the Native American in Minneapolis where a petroglyph expert pronounced it "at least a 100 years old." It was bought to a psychic reader who made tape recording about its connection to the great pyramids of mythic Lemuria. It was brought back to the Hopi lands and some there saw a bear claw sign on it and remarked that was like marker stones left behind during the bear clan migrations long ago. It was wrapped and rewrapped with each keeper adding perhaps another layer until five years later in 1977 it was brought to the New Mexico Rainbow Gathering along side the Gila River.

I have heard a few stories about this hippie tablet... never any kind of real translation. it is an enigma and the Hopi admit it is not the missing piece of their tablet but claim it is just as Ancient and hints it connects Hopi prophecies and the Visions of the great Black Elk.

to date no one knows what happened to it, where it is or who may yet be holing on to it... Whatever the case to those of us who know about such things we do keep ours eyes open for the "THE LOST TABLET OF THE HIPPIE"...
Read one account here

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Fascinating!
I love to read of things, such as this. So many possibilities.
Hopi legends (and those of other peoples) have been a source of fascination and mystery and superstition for many of my friends. I'm now having flashbacks to the first time I started hearing about (and maybe believing???) the SW myths...
Thanks for posting this!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Glad you enjoyed it..
Have a star and maybe someday you'll get to hold and wonder over your own great mystery

new topics

join