It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another civilization turning on their Large Hadron Collider and exploded!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hubble 2006 Mystery object still a Mystery!

Universe Today
Papers published by other researchers since the event was reported in June 2006, have suggested a bizarre zoo of possibilities: the core collapse and explosion of a carbon rich star, a collision between a white dwarf and an asteroid, or the collision of a white dwarf with a black hole. At the press conference Barbary was asked what the most bizarre explanation of the object was: "Jokingly, someone said it was another civilization turning on their Large Hadron Collider and exploding," — which got laughs from the audience. "Don't quote me on that!," he added.

Downloadplex
"We have never seen anything like it. No one has been able to come up with a good explanation for this object," Kyle Barbary, an expert working with the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), in Berkeley, California, shared with reporters, during the 213th meeting of the American Astronomical Society.

They still do not know what this is or was!
Still Confused as of June 2009!

Sky & Telescope
one new theory suggests that an odd, wandering, intergalactic black hole tore apart a star of unusual composition.

This is a true Mystery and really shows how little we know about the Universe even though we pretend to know.

What do you think it could be? They do not even know how far away this thing was but to have had X-Rays 50 times brighter than the most luminous Supernovae really sets this thing apart from known space phenomena.

Please post if you find or know more information on this true fascinating mystery!

I am surprised they have no more information on this so far. You would think they would swing some other scopes toward this area to find what it is.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Star and flag.
I goggled to search for more info and didn't find much except that no one can explain it. Nothing there before, nothing there after. Very interesting. Thanks for posting, I'll keep an eye on this thread hoping someone will have new info.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Heh, cool find! Hubble has been around for so long yet I find they rarely release any new pictures any more, they make awesome desktop wallpapers and I wouldn't mind seeing the event discussed in the OP in hi-res.

S&F!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Come on... that's the wildest thing they could come up with? What about the death star exploding? That would be a bigger bang.

Seriously, in the wild possibility of a vast interstellar community of planets with star fleets and stuff, that could just as easily been a capital ship detonating. I doubt we will ever know what it was, but it certainly raises the interesting reminder that we are only seeing a very small part of what is really happening in the universe.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It was a alien space nuke with the force of billions of Hiroshima's.

Or it could of been God farting.

Who knows?

Any pictures of it released?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
...This is a true Mystery and really shows how little we know about the Universe even though we pretend to know...

There are not too many astronomers or astrophysicists who believe they know close to everything there is to know about the universe. In the books I've read on cosmology, one common theme throughout all of those books is that we know may know something about the universe, but there is far more that we do not know.

If anyone is "guilty" of believing that humans know the majority of the mysteries on the universe, it is the "general public", not the astronomers. Astronomers are the ones who on a daily basis realize that they have so much yet to learn.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If theories about black holes and white dwarfs are correct this could be definitive proof that they do exist as (don't quote me on this) but white dwarfs are so super dense and compact and mainly made of electrons that stand up to gravity and withstand the force of gravity trying to compress it in any which way it can was to collide with blackhole where gravity is supposedly infinite there would be quite a battle going on between them both which would probably's let off a mind boggling amount of energy.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

here's a pic

as for me, i think its possible that ET might communicate using lasers, we just happened to intercept one of their beams. or maybe that burst was sent just for us, now if only we can interpret it properly.

Lasers illuminate search for ET

It may seem fantastic to assume that advanced alien civilizations are beaming signals across the cosmos, but the possibility has intrigued respected astronomers enough that several have taken up the task of finding those messages.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

This excerpt certainly supports your proposition of Alien communication. I doubt it was a laser though.

Faulkes Telescope Project

Another confusing piece of the puzzle is the fact that the
object’s fading brightness is seen to be at the same rate as its rise,
creating a symmetrical, bell-shaped light-curve. Supernovae usually
have non-symmetric light curves i.e. they fade much more slowly than
they brighten. The researchers intend to re-observe the part of the sky in coming months, hoping that the object re-appears.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I received a reply email from Ray Villard on the subject.

Hi [edited out]

nothing that I am aware of, you may try a search on astro ph for science papers using the target name in a keyword search

arxiv.org...

Ray Villard

On Nov 29, 2009, at 1:31 PM, [edited out]wrote:

Is there any additional information on the mysterious flash of light discovered by HST in 2006?

hubblesite.org...

Thank you,

[edited out]

Using his advice I found this Abstract arXiv:0812.1402v2 that proposes likely causes of this phenomena. Here Astrophysics

Galactic vs. Extragalactic Origin of the Peculiar Transient SCP 06F6

We cannot rule out any of these models, but can rank
them from most to least preferred. Our favorite model is a tidal disruption of a
CO white dwarf (WD) by an intermediate-mass black hole (IMBH). To account
for the properties of the SCP 06F6 event, we have to assume the presence of a strong disk wind that was not included in previous numerical simulations.

Having an intergalactic Sun and Intergalactic Black hole running into each other with so much open space out there seems un likely to me but if true it makes one wonder how many rouge black holes are wondering around out there undetected. Scary thought.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Xeven]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

IMO, the information does fit the White Dwarf-Black Hole model that they're postulating.

If such an instance occured, one would imagine that the results would be more singluar as far as frequency of light pattern. Much like an explosion/implosion where the effect is instantaneous and then slopes off.

The trace elements of this anomally were symetrical. It came and went with identical frequency, a bell curve.

The initial detection was Feb. 21, 2006 and reached maximum on May 21, 2006.

I'm not an Astrophysicist, but it's deffinately a strange occurence.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Another civilization turning on their Large Hadron Collider and exploded!

If that's so then they probably wired it up wrong because ours has been up and running for some days now!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

If that's so then they probably wired it up wrong because ours has been up and running for some days now!

I think they are colliding the beams at about 25% of its potential though this is not really the subject ! I cannot find anything more on this odd detection.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
... I cannot find anything more on this odd detection...

While unexplained occurrences in deep space are always an interesting subject, I don't understand why you seem so surprised that this is still unexplained. There are plenty of unexplained celestial phenomena out there -- why do you want to sensationalize this one (i.e., suggesting that it has something to do with an alien LHC)?

[edit on 11/30/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
There are not too many astronomers or astrophysicists who believe they know close to everything there is to know about the universe.

a) this is true, I agree
b) I happen to be typing this within 1500 feet of the Large Hadron Collider (the LHC)
c) I think the title of the thread is silly beyond redemption. Shame.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is deffo Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader having a battle in deep space!

Well maybe not them but deffo some type of alien war

This has actually been put forward as an explaination so to coin a phrase.......don't quote me on this!!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

I truly believe it could be an alien civilization sending a message.

new topics

top topics

join