It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss voters favour minaret ban: exit polls

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by OBE1

OBE1 -you could also say the attitudes and actions of the Saudi islamic religious police are similar to that of the Gestapo - it works both ways.

Indeed. And their plan for world domination and hatred of Jews also resembles the era.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Face it: a minaret is a deeply foreign object to the majority of population. And that's that. I've met many muslims and they are a cool bunch, but that doesn't mean that the existing community must accept some exotic architecture in their backyard.

Exotic architecture like an onion dome on top of an Eastern Orthodox cathedral or church? Actually there are lots of those churches as a result of the previous big migration of people's from the former Soviet Union; and they look great. So does a minaret. Many of the formal mosques have stunning architecture. Taj Mahal anyone? Where I live we've gotten new Buddist temples, Hindu temples - and yes, even Evangelical behemoths. Most just make the landscape more interesting.

Oh, but I guess thats just Canada for you. Somehow all these things that bother the rest of the west just aren't a problem here. I think its called tolerance and respect. What goes around, comes around.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I think its called tolerance and respect. What goes around, comes around.

Well that sounds like the typical threat. Tolerate me or something will happen to you. Tolerate me or I will make you tolerate me.
Horsesheet. No, no minarets, too bad, tolerate that.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The people have voted for a discriminatory law out of fear that stems from religious and/or perceived cultural differences.

In your support of that act, are you implying that such fears are legitimate reasons for borders/boundaries, and that people of specific faiths should each live in their own specific country? Or maybe its OK to have different religions within a country, but members of the primary one get privileges that are unique to them; others are 2nd class and have to put up with limits?

That seems to be the logical extension of your praise. You are basically saying, the original inhabitants of any territory should have privileges or powers over any who come later. You believe in a two class society. You do not believe in equality for all citizens.

Am I reading you wrong? Or not?

hah, what oppression, they cannot have a minaret above their places of worship, how will they cope, break their chains of bondage!

Kudos to the Swiss, no good can come from an increasing Islamic population, just travel to Luton

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Exotic architecture like an onion dome on top of an Eastern Orthodox cathedral or church? Actually there are lots of those churches as a result of the previous big migration of people's from the former Soviet Union; and they look great. So does a minaret. Many of the formal mosques have stunning architecture. Taj Mahal anyone? Where I live we've gotten new Buddist temples, Hindu temples - and yes, even Evangelical behemoths. Most just make the landscape more interesting.

Oh, but I guess thats just Canada for you. Somehow all these things that bother the rest of the west just aren't a problem here. I think its called tolerance and respect. What goes around, comes around.

That is the point though, which you have singularly missed- the swiss don't have problems with "EASTERN ORTHODOX" cathedrals, Bhuddist or Hindu shrines, because they don't bring with them the same problems that a growing Islamic community does- hence the referendum

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Well that sounds like the typical threat. Tolerate me or something will happen to you. Tolerate me or I will make you tolerate me.

Typical mindset of someone who's life is purported to be all about fighting the eternal war on terrorism.

You have it completely back@sswards. The point of the message was to show tolerance to others, willingly, without any coersion, and without expecting anything in return, because that attitude will surely earn you their respect and highly increase the chances of having a decent relationship.

Of course that kind of positive thinking is completely outside the realm of possibility for one who picks fights for a living.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkava
If you want muslims to leave europe than muslims would expect the same from you right?

The OP is about architecture and not deportation.

Reach an accord with the Muslim world whereby they will agree to take back their excess population which is currently colonising this country, in exchange for an ironclad guarantee that Britain will never again interfere in the political affairs of the Middle East or try to dictate to any Arab or Muslim country as to what their internal government form should be;

What sheer stupidity! The muslims already in the West won't have any desire to return to the sh!thole they came from, and this is not enforceable anyway.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by buddhasystem]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What sheer stupidity! The muslims already in the West won't have any desire to return to the sh!thole they came from, and this is not enforceable anyway.

bang on, who in their right mind thinks some Muslim in Britain is going to voluntarily up sticks and head back to some village in Pakistan or Bangladesh

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Kudos to the Swiss, no good can come from an increasing Islamic population, just travel to Luton

Out of curiosity, I did go to Wiki and check out Luton. It seems a nice place based on the info there; with an immigration pattern not unlike the place where I live here in Canada. As to the specific problems, it doesn't say much there.

I do believe that you have some severe cultural clash issues over on your side of the pond; without a doubt. Its still not a reason to hate on any one group as a whole. If what you have is crime; then there are laws for that. Use them.

If what you have is attitudes; than I say it takes two to tango. What are English, Irish and Scottish people living there doing to either make immigrants welcomed vs resented? I know from personal experience here in Canada that the Brits, Scots and Irish saw themselves as superior to anyone who came from elsewhere -- the old Empire thing I suspect. If I feel it here (born in Canada to parents of Eastern European descent); then I can only imagine what its like to be a foreigner on your own land over there.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Its still not a reason to hate on any one group as a whole.

Whoa. WTF? Who said anything about hate? This is about minarets. Dude... why are you inciting hate?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If I feel it here (born in Canada to parents of Eastern European descent); then I can only imagine what its like to be a foreigner on your own land over there.

I am of Eastern European descent myself, and I lived in the UK for half a year. It was fantastic! No worries, mate.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynoOut of curiosity, I did go to Wiki and check out Luton. It seems a nice place based on the info there; with an immigration pattern not unlike the place where I live here in Canada. As to the specific problems, it doesn't say much there.

I do believe that you have some severe cultural clash issues over on your side of the pond; without a doubt. Its still not a reason to hate on any one group as a whole. If what you have is crime; then there are laws for that. Use them.

Luton was a nice place to live, and is obviously still better today than living in many parts of the world, such as, say,Pakistan (depending on one's personal preferences, but certainly mine)- however that balance is now under severe threat by a growing Islamic community, upwards of 30% (probably majority at school age)- multi culturalism, hand in hand with large Islamic immigration, has ushered in divided streets and areas, and the Islamic areas are not exactly tolerant and welcoming.

Put it this way- do I think LUton is a better or worse place for our traitorous elite allowing muslim immigrants to arrive to such an extent that they will soon be a majority- worse, and much worse at that.

On your point about hating groups- I don't hate an individual, but I hate the growth in Islam, the chosen religion of an increasing number of newcomers to my land- ultimately my tolerance levels have a breaking point- I am a realist, and a wiser man once said

"tolerance is indolence of disposition"

Sure Britain has had immigrants in the past, but never under such a scale and never from cultures so removed from our own- it was leaked a couple of weeks ago that the Labour establishment in Britain had a deliberate policy of diluting the indigenous culture through mass immigration

That is treason- perhaps in the future such people will be sitting in the Tower of London

[edit on 1-12-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by blueorder

Out of curiosity, I did go to Wiki and check out Luton. It seems a nice place based on the info there; with an immigration pattern not unlike the place where I live here in Canada. As to the specific problems, it doesn't say much there.

If what you have is attitudes; than I say it takes two to tango. What are English, Irish and Scottish people living there doing to either make immigrants welcomed vs resented? I know from personal experience here in Canada that the Brits, Scots and Irish saw themselves as superior to anyone who came from elsewhere -- the old Empire thing I suspect. If I feel it here (born in Canada to parents of Eastern European descent); then I can only imagine what its like to be a foreigner on your own land over there.

Here, a guided tour of Luton from the EDL working on comunity relations

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
and if there was no invasion by muslims into Luton, there would be no EDL- the EDL bore me, too busy trying to prove how anti racist they are to satisfy left wing dullards who wouldn't know real racism if it knocked over their student grant bought and paid for Pot Noodles

[edit on 1-12-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Oh yeah, the angry protesters smashing windows, burning cars, and lighting flags on fire. Oh wait... there was none of that... let's look at some videos of peaceful Islamic protests.... wait... there are none.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by buddhasystem

bang on, who in their right mind thinks some Muslim in Britain is going to voluntarily up sticks and head back to some village in Pakistan or Bangladesh

If the BNP came into power wouldn't that mean all muslims will be deported? Or would the BNP allow the muslims in UK to keep breeding and colonising?

Wouldn't you want all the muslims outa UK and let all the Islamic nations get on with their own business without any interference from West?

Look at all those points i have raised in my previous post.Its a fair deal right?

Don't you agree with BNP's foreign policy?

[edit on 1-12-2009 by merkava]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The thing about building mosques, minarets, and imposing Sharia Law is that it fits into the 7 phase plan.
In 2010-2013 there will be an increase in world domination by Islam and eventually total domination so the places of worship will be in place for muslims to step right in and take over.
This is Islam's plan and they are right on schedule. We will continue to see this kind of pressure on governments under the guise of tolerance and religious freedom, when in fact this is just pre-meditation for a large crime.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkava
If the BNP came into power wouldn't that mean all muslims will be deported? Or would the BNP allow the muslims in UK to keep breeding and colonising?

"officially", I do not think the BNP mention deporting someone because they are muslim- in practice Muslims will not keep "breeding and colonising" because the policy of multi culturalism will end, the benefits system would be greatly overhauled preventing them from using state funds to enlarge their broods and I imagine their numbers would be reduced immediately because illegals would be repatriated (of which large numbers would be muslims)

Wouldn't you want all the muslims outa UK and let all the Islamic nations get on with their own business without any interference from West?

In theory yes- I don't agree with western nations interfering in Islamic nations and I would prefer a limited Muslim population in my own country

Look at all those points i have raised in my previous post.Its a fair deal right?

In theory, yes

Don't you agree with BNP's foreign policy?

by and large, yes

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Pretty obvious that this is not just about minarets. I would have to conclude that the Swiss and the people on this site who support the issue are both on the same page; and that is, they and you are anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant.

This is pussyfooting around the issue, talking about minarets. It is racism. You are most likely proud of it.

What you don't realize is that you are no different than the more extreme and racist guys on the Muslim side of the equation about whom you are complaining.

It is your sort, on both sides of the issue, that keep these issues broiling and try to make life miserable for the rest of us, the vast majority, who do not have extreme or racist views. It is both Muslim extremists and white supremacist nutjobs that keep the shyt disturbed. Too bad there isn't a place to deport the lot of you to so you can fight it out amongst yourselves.

The rest of us can get along just fine, thank you.

[edit on 12/2/2009 by wayno]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Pretty obvious that this is not just about minarets. I would have to conclude that the Swiss and the people on this site who support the issue are both on the same page; and that is, they and you are anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant.

I am anti Muslim in the sense that I do not want a large Islamic community in my country and I support deportation if illegals and a strict quota policy for new immigrants- so I'm happy to be classed as such

This is pussyfooting around the issue, talking about minarets. It is racism. You are most likely proud of it.

As many of the Muslims in Switzerland are white from the balkans you need to get off the racist bus

What you don't realize is that you are no different than the more extreme and racist guys on the Muslim side of the equation about whom you are complaining.

yep, no different than supporting shariah law
for sure, what a great analogy

It is your sort, on both sides of the issue, that keep these issues broiling and try to make life miserable for the rest of us, the vast majority, who do not have extreme or racist views. It is both Muslim extremists and white supremacist nutjobs that keep the shyt disturbed. Too bad there isn't a place to deport the lot of you to so you can fight it out amongst yourselves.

The rest of us can get along just fine, thank you.

you keep dreaming that is life in your black and white fantasy world, the rest of us, including the Swiss will live in reality

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join