It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss voters favour minaret ban: exit polls

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sl1kr

So essentially Islam is the religion of mental illness.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Funyy we were talking about that a couple days ago.

In Western society we have to curtail the activities of dangerous psychopaths, paranoid schizophrenics, the suicidal, etc. We shove them into prisons, hospital wards, etc.

In Islamic culture these traits offer career opportunities.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Funyy we were talking about that a couple days ago.

In Western society we have to curtail the activities of dangerous psychopaths, paranoid schizophrenics, the suicidal, etc. We shove them into prisons, hospital wards, etc.

In Islamic culture these traits offer career opportunities.

But like most mental patients, they won't admit they have a problem. They just can't see it. And the behavior of violence only makes more children conditioned to develop mental illness. Tragic cycle.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by sl1kr

I had to laugh.
That's too funny. I would agree that there is a fair bit of mental illness in all religions. The problem becomes when those who are the sickest are also in charge.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
That's too funny. I would agree that there is a fair bit of mental illness in all religions. The problem becomes when those who are the sickest are also in charge.

With leaders who are into power and greed you can at least predict what they will do. Whatever bring the most money, self-preservation.

Religious nuts are less predictable - so scarier. Will they decide going out in a blaze of glory taking millions with them is necessary?

Give me a crook over a religious fanatic any day.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Funny we were talking about that a couple days ago.

Was that a convo on ATS?
I'm thinking that Mohammed designed the thing to implode. He knew that the 7 deadly sins wouldn't last and as an experiment he allowed it to blossom to see what would happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Was that a convo on ATS?
I'm thinking that Mohammed designed the thing to implode. He knew that the 7 deadly sins wouldn't last and as an experiment he allowed it to blossom to see what would happen.

I know its hard for you to accept islam.

BUT every 1 in 4 human on this planet is a muslim and the religion is one of the fastest growing religion in the world.Its overtaken christianity when it comes to the amount of people practising.

Try and get that in your head and you will soon realise your hatred won't get you anywhere.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkava
I know its hard for you to accept islam.

BUT every 1 in 4 human on this planet is a muslim and the religion is one of the fastest growing religion in the world.Its overtaken christianity when it comes to the amount of people practising.

Try and get that in your head and you will soon realise your hatred won't get you anywhere.

I don't believe these stats, in any event, growth in Islam would mainly come from their antiquated breeding habits, and bringing poor new life into the world who are forced to follow the religion

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Was that a convo on ATS?

It was part of a discussion with some old Iranian friends who long for the relative peace and harmony in pre-Islamic Revolution days. We were talking about something in the press recently.

A British author has made some fatwa-inviting observations:

www.jihadwatch.org...

Faulks, who is known for his meticulous research […]

began delving into the Koran, which Muslims believe to be divine guidance passed to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel.

In an interview with The Sunday Times Magazine, Faulks said:

"It's a depressing book. It really is. It's just the rantings of a schizophrenic. It's very one-dimensional, and people talk about the beauty of the Arabic and so on, but the English translation I read was, from a literary point of view, very disappointing." [...]

"With the Koran there are no stories. And it has no ethical dimension like the New Testament, no new plan for life."

And in a move that is likely to anger many Muslims, he calls into question the worth of Muhammad.

"Jesus, unlike Muhammad, had interesting things to say. He proposed a revolutionary way of looking at the world: love you neighbour, love your enemy, be kind to people, the meek shall inherit the Earth. Muhammad had nothing to say to the world other than,

'If you don't believe in God you will burn forever.'"

[edit on 14-12-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Interesting. The recruitment in the 70's and 80's targeted #zophranics in the West. I see something deeper here.

Spencer (jihadwatch) is one of my favs. Oh the stories I could tell you about him. heh. All good of course.

Meanwhile... Saudi attacked Yemen:
news.antiwar.com...
Saudi Air Strikes Kill Up to 70 Yemeni Civilians
"Saudi warplanes launched a series of air strikes against a market in Northern Yemen’s Bani Maan today, with witnesses confirming that at least 35 civilians had been killed and dozens injured"
Another thread on this topic was started.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Interesting. The recruitment in the 70's and 80's targeted schizophranics in the West. I see something deeper here.

Spencer (jihadwatch) is one of my favs. Oh the stories I could tell you about him. heh. All good of course.

Meanwhile... Saudi attacked Yemen:
news.antiwar.com...
Saudi Air Strikes Kill Up to 70 Yemeni Civilians
"Saudi warplanes launched a series of air strikes against a market in Northern Yemen’s Bani Maan today, with witnesses confirming that at least 35 civilians had been killed and dozens injured"

Saudis fighting al-Qaida. The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Where is Lord Darth bin Laden when you need him?

Human Resources Departments in the Middle East must be stretched to the limits finding murderous sociopaths, psychotics, paranoid schizophrenics men and women prepared to fight for the rebel cause. Problem with suicide bombers is the attrition rate is so high. New ones must be trained constantly.

Luckily there is a large pool looking for gainful employment.

Mike

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Saudis fighting al-Qaida.

This is what I hear but I'm not believing it because Saudi is the biggest funder. So... wtf? Of course they can afford to put on a show and insultate themselves for lipservice. So do we just sit back and believe them and make them put their money where their mouth is? That's cleaver.
And if that's the case, this chess game is way more exciting than I expected.
So the sim would be: Saudi spends it's military until it's depleted in support of the Obama factor. Nice play. Saudi's reward is... continued royalty?
This phase confuses me because I don't see the benefits to the ME. Never understood Star Wars, especially that big hairy monkey guy.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Human Resources Departments in the Middle East must be stretched to the limits finding murderous sociopaths, psychotics, paranoid schizophrenics men and women prepared to fight for the rebel cause.

PS. Interesting concept here. Saudi is notorious for hiring Americans to do their work for them. Now that the imports have thinned they are certainly stuck with an employment issue. The untouchables are now a problem for them and they must dispose of them. What better way than infighting... it's all they know... and they probably had to hire someone to tell them that's all they know.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

PS. Interesting concept here. Saudi is notorious for hiring Americans to do their work for them. Now that the imports have thinned they are certainly stuck with an employment issue. The untouchables are now a problem for them and they must dispose of them. What better way than infighting... it's all they know... and they probably had to hire someone to tell them that's all they know.

The Saudis hired a big name American PR firm to create their image. Told them to really push the "Arabs as victims of Crusaders" narrative to evoke liberal Western sympathy.

Saudis with Egypt behind the Sudan genocide which they think of as unofficial colony. A lot of untapped oil reserves there.

When Fahd became King in 1975 he initiated previously unimagined looting and corruption creating a parallel stream of oil siphoned off for his dominating Al Sudairi clan.

Sold on a 'special' market the Bush family knows all about. Actual reserves are now much lower than officially estimated. Costs of extracting very high needing vast quantities of pumped water.

A recent failed coup from disgruntled princes. Relative moderate and King Abdullah has cut their stipends back and the families are growing exponentially. A real palace revolt brewing.

Bin Laden family represent the 'Good Guys' with everyone in the Arab world despising the Saudi royals. Osama BL could have been Castro if he'd played his cards right. Enjoyed being a self-righteous "Bad Boy" more than a statesman.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

But bin Laden wasn't granted a kingdom. A sheik without a home isn't a real sheik. Saudi holds the cards over AQ. No wonder the US is hesitant to find his remains... because they do know the exact spot. Ha, and the Saudi's don't. That's what years of real mystic loyalty will buy I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join