It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Leak at Indian Atomic Plant - That's THREE incidents worldwide in a week!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hey ATS,

I'd just like to bring this to your attention from the BBC:

India nuclear plant leak under investigation

Indian officials are investigating the leak of a radioactive substance into drinking water at an atomic power plant in the south of the country.

Fifty-five workers at the Kaiga plant needed medical treatment for excessive exposure to radiation after tritium contaminated a water cooler.

Officials said the leak might have been deliberate.

"Mischief is not ruled out. Investigations are on," plant director J P Gupta told Reuters news agency.

The 55 workers had returned to their duties at the plant, Mr Gupta added.

This follows two other incidents in the last week:

Three Mile Island radiation leak investigated

On ATS : Radiation Leak at Three Mile Island

AND

Fire shuts nuclear power station

Now taken in isolation these reports are not much to look at. However the fact that they have occurred in the space of a week seems highly improbable seeing as there have only been four incidents in since 2000.

List of civilian nuclear accidents - 2000s

I'm currently scouring the web for any references to up and coming policy announcements or planned report releases regarding atomic energy or security.

Some references to Nuclear Power in the news:

10 new nuclear power stations named

A huge expansion of nuclear power was signalled by the Government today as it named 10 sites where new power stations could be built.

The first is set to be operational by 2018 and, by 2025, nuclear electricity generation could amount to around 40% of new energy provision.

I don't have all the pieces to this puzzle, but I find that getting stuff down (as it were) and predicting something is in the pipes is just as important as looking back and seeing a conspiracy!

I'll update this when I have more, as I'm sure I will!

All the best, kiwifoot!

[edit on 29-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Oh boy, and they have the A-bomb, goody.
I think I like where this is going.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Oh boy, and they have the A-bomb, goody.
I think I like where this is going.

That's a pretty ignorant statement to say about a country. Even the worlds Nuclear Power USA is not untouched from Radiation leaks
Here are few incidents

*Los Alamos Fire, May 8, 2000
*Tritium Leak at Brookhaven National Laboratory, New York
*Contamination at Royal Green Scrap Metal Recycling Facility, Pennsylvania
*Brush Fires at DOE Hanford Reservation, Washington
*Three mile Island Radiation leak
etc etc.

So what now? I am sure any nuclear powered country would have faced leaks as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Here is an update to this news

Indian nuclear workers 'deliberately poisoned'

There was no lackluster in security and protocols in handling of nuclear material.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I know this is a bit of a stretch but I couldn't help thinking about this bit that I read today:
www.treehugger.com...

It basically states that India, china, Brazil & South Africa plan to walk out at the climate conference unless their demands are heard.

Obviously pure speculation, but there are indications that seemingly natural disasters could be used to pressure governments, such as the quake in China that many attribute to HAARP.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Here is an update to this news

Indian nuclear workers 'deliberately poisoned'

There was no lackluster in security and protocols in handling of nuclear material.

I'm not saying this was definitely the case, but if someone deliberately leaks radioactive material, there WAS a breach in security and protocols!!!

However, as stated in the OP, the point of the thread was not to highlight any ONE of these incidents, but the fact that they have occurred in a WEEK, which is a rarity.

All I can say is watch this space, I feel the significance of this will become more apparent in the weeks to come!

All the best, Kiwifoot!

[edit on 29-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What sums up india is.

Be careful what you wish for.

How the world wants to take there religion is a joke. People should learn be careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I agree with that statement but also the article states authorities are sure no outsider has entered the premises. So hinting it was done from inside, that would at-least explain 3 incidents in a week.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

I agree with that statement but also the article states authorities are sure no outsider has entered the premises. So hinting it was done from inside, that would at-least explain 3 incidents in a week.

Hm mate, I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but the incidents were from different facilities around the world.

One in the US, Uk and India, which is why I think it's so strange.

Or am I not getting your post! ( might be the case lol!)

Kiwifoot!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Oh' no, not at all. Cheers'
second line.

top topics

join