It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungry Boy Found Wandering Neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Hungry Boy Found Wandering Neighborhood

www.abqjournal.com

Police were called about 3:40 a.m. to Mathew Avenue in reference to a small child on the side of the road. He told a passerby that he was hungry and was home alone.

The passerby told police she saw the young boy in pajamas walking near Mathew and Indian School NW. The temperature outside was 26 degrees, according to the complaint.

The boy said he was walking to his grandparents' home. He said his mother had gone to a concert the night before with a friend.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
SO the kid claims his mother took off the night before and left him and his little brother home alone to fend for themselves. They didn't state the age but obviously this kid was to young to make something to eat for himself and his brother.

How desperate would a child have to be to venture out into the night in below freezing temps, in his pajamas, to seek help from his grandparents... why didn't he just call? maybe to young to use the phone?

This is so very wrong and what's wrong with the world today....
Mother's more interested in going to parties, Part time fathers who feel their duties end with the monthly check in the mail... little wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket...

Signed outraged father of four, Grandfather of one...

www.abqjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As a former Albquerque CYFD, CPS Social Worker, I can tell you that this is far more common than you might imagine, although such cases don't always make it into the news.

In fact, this isn't the worst, although given the temperature, it could have turned out worse.

And if you think that's bad, you should see what happens to the kids when they are put into state's custody, placed into foster care, put on drugs, and given a bottom-feeding attorney.

That's when the horror show really begins.

[edit on 2009/11/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And we call ourselves "civilized." What a poor excuse for a mom. I feel so bad for those two kids. Through no fault of their own they will be destined for a hard life. I also wonder why the neighbours didn't step in to help? They're probably the same as the mom.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is where, in my utopian society, a "common sense" punishment would happen immediately.

The mother, who is obviously a indefensible scumbag and human garbage, should get a taxpayers bullet between the eyes and the kids go to another relative. A bullet costs a lot less than it would cost to rehabilitate her from the drugs she is probably on.

I am no saint, but I know when my first child sees the light of day, that they are my soul focus for life.

Horrible excuse for humanity.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

This is where, in my utopian society, a "common sense" punishment would happen immediately.

They call that Sharia law.

This story made me sad. Just thinking about that little boy walking around all alone gave me goosebumps.

new topics

top topics

join