It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: The war was illegal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Blair War Crimes Foundation wants to indite the lying poodle. I doubt, that it will be succesful, but at least it is a try.

Here are some of the charges against him:

1: Deceit and conspiracy for war, and providing false news to incite passions for war, causing in the order of one million deaths, 4 million refugees, countless maimings and traumas.

2: Employing radioactive ammunition causing long-term destruction of the planetary habitat.

3: Causing the breakdown of civil administration, with consequent lawlessness, especially looting, kidnapping, and violence, and consequent breakdown of womens’ rights, of religious freedom, and child and adult education.

4: Failing to maintain the medical needs of the populace.

5: Despoliation of the cultural heritage of the country.

Rest at globalresearch.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I remember Tony Blair was interviewed on the Daily Show Sept. 18, '08 here in the states. The interview is available on video in two parts. The 1st part is interesting but not as much as the 2nd vid where Blair talks about the War in Iraq and the situation in Iran. I think he makes it clear that the War is all about strategic position in the Middle East while at the same time claiming, in so many words that he had the wool pulled over his eyes by Bush. I don't believe it for a second, they all knew it was an illegal war and will probably get away with it.

I'm wondering if the ATS members in the UK have seen these...

Tony Blair, Daily Show 9/18/08 Part 1

Strategic positioning... listen for the list at 6:40.

Tony Blair, Daily Show 9/18/08 Part 2

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Lets also take into perspective that Blair is a puppet working under the 'real' powers that be. This does not end with Blair but only begins with Blair. Since this topic is concerning Blair I will yield from mentioning all the other worldly puppets that commit crimes.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No War that has taken place is Illegal.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It is good to see the general consensus on this thread

Particularly that: "We the people" of earth:

1) knew the invasion would be illegal.

2) Knew the justification was all lies.

3) Knew that Blair, Bush and Howard et al knew 1 & 2

Yes lets not forget former PM of Australia, John Howard, in all of this.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i can see the modern warfare 2 senario coming to life but instead of russia iraq will attack.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
Lets also take into perspective that Blair is a puppet working under the 'real' powers that be. This does not end with Blair but only begins with Blair. Since this topic is concerning Blair I will yield from mentioning all the other worldly puppets that commit crimes.

But thats why they have figureheads isn't it.

Thats the point to make sure the public are looking elsewhere and never wanting to know what the secret societies are doing, and how these groups are coming to there decisions.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
BRIEF OF EVIDENCE before INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT

"The ICC Prosecutor is currently examining Final Brief 425 of 13 June 2008 to determine if it should go to Pre Trial Chamber for investigation for recommendation of war crimes prosecution."

This Brief of Evidence is declared by an Arbitrator of the International Society of Criminology:- "a strong, constructive prima facie case, demanding action and a response".

LINK Scroll down to "Violation of the Rule of Law By The Iraq War" about (1/3 way down) - lots of other interesting things here

The Brief is well worth a read to understand the legal aspect of all this

Brief Of Evidence .DOC - 4.5 MB

See also

Why I believe Blair should stand trial

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Of course it was illegal and a set up.Not all the billions of dollars needed to fund a war like this went to Iraq.Only about 75% went towards the war.The other 25% went on black ops operations run by the cia and nsa and of course some goverment officials got some extra money for there work.False financial records and second sets of books may have made the president and some of his military personel happy not knowing where the money went too.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Amazing aint it? You get a thread about how Obama bows or how many books Palin signs and you get plenty of stars and posts... you have an actual report on the Iraq war and howmuch we were all cheated and played by the oil and war hawks.... and folks just dont pay as much attention.

It aint about the facts to many american citizens, its about whats personally satisfactory. Oh no no no but that was years ago right? Lets continue to allow Bush and his oil war hawks to run free from what they did and continue to complain about flag pins and books.

SG

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

S&F for the thread ...

So we could in some way say Bush gov as done the same but in a more sophisticated way to his own people (Brain wash, population control, Usage of radioactive weapons etc)

So when are we going to see him infront of international law for incitation to murder millions of innocents that had nothing to do with samdam, the taliban, the so called terrorist ... the list goes on. during the wars his administration put in place for their own agenda. (Collateral damage is no excuse for murder)

Never because the people are sleeping ... Never because all the americans are guilty of not stopping their own goverment. Thats what it comes down to and no one wants to hear the real truth because it is very ugly.

The rest of the countries are guilty of letting themselves get influenced by those politics of greed ...

Its all a big joke and we are all sitting around watching it like a soap opera

Fear No One, Trust No One ...

[edit on 29-11-2009 by NIGHTRID3R]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When the UK had it's last election (in May 2005) I was in hospital having minor heart surgery and consequently I couldn't get out to vote.

I remember watching the election results as they came in and I actually shed a tear or two. I couldn't believe that a nation would re-elect a Prime Minister that had gone before parliament and given the nation a load of bull about the need for the country to go to war with Iraq.

You expect politicians to lie and weasel ... it's par for the course unfortunately... but I think there has to be a line that no one should cross over. That line is the need to send the young men and women of ANY country to war... to invade a foreign sovereign country, in the process unleashing death and destruction on it's inhabitants and on those young men and women.

You do NOT lie about the need for THAT necessity ... you should NEVER EVER cross that line.

Blair and co did ... and STILL the nation re-elected him and his party, when they should have given them the biggest electoral spanking in British history, sent them into political oblivion, and brought criminal charges against Blair and his cabinet.

That election night brought home to me how most people don't give a stuff about anything except what affects them personally and immediately. As long as people have jobs, money for entertainment, and can watch the latest reality TV or soap without interruption, NOTHING will change and everything will carry on as it is... same ole, same ole

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Let's just forget facts, because it allows us to go after those we don't like, like Bush and Blair.

Fact:

The UN voted for and authorized the First Gulf War.

Iraq agreed to a cease-fire to end the First Gulf War.

They then spent the next 12 years violating that cease-fire at every opportunity and making the UN look stupid and powerless.

We needed no one's "Approval" to return to Iraq. They violated the cease-fire, they paid the price.

The US and it's Allies did the job the UN lacked the guts to do.

But you all just keep yelling how it was "illegal".

It was no more illegal than if we had returned to war with Germany or Japan if they had continued to violate terms of the cease-fire after World War II.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loki41872

violating the UN ceasfire?
You mean the part about

'' Iraq must not proliferate weapons of mass destruction ''

which was the entire clux of the reason we went there...

people really need to wake up a bit.

They allowed 911 to happen, because they knew it would give them a reason to launch a war, on a small nation that was full of oil. They took control of the media for 24 months, they outted anyone inside who dared speak against them, they rallied their troops, and they invaded.

And when the dust settled, and the justification was found to be flawed, the evidence was found to be doctored, and the riches were found to be spectacular, they appealed to the stupidity of people, because after all

'' we are already there, and we cant leave ''

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Bush and the puppy Blair, should be in a war crimes tribunal.

Some figures estimate almost a million civilians died because of their lies, as well as thousands of US troops.

Are they in a tribunal for lying to the world? No, Blair is ironically enough a Mid east envoy for peace and Bush is relaxing on his farm.

The attack on a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 and no weapons of mass destruction probably caused thousands of more recruits for Al Qaida.

If it was Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union you would expect them to lie to the public when going to war, but these are democratic nations.. on paper anyway. Someone should be accountable for the crimes against humanity..

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Shades1035]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loki41872

I can;t believe people still buy the Bush generated propaganda crap.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Of course it was illegal.
Iraq attacked no one.
Iraq had nothing.
The intelligence was cooked, and the government knew it.

Look at us, 6yrs later, you don’t hear a word from Iraq any more.... and why?

Because all the corporations who were, and are in bed with Bush and his family setup the oil rigs, setup the pumps and setup the 100,000+ merc army to protect them.

America will pay for its crime, they will pay.

It is more than America. This is very superficial at best, which shows that we as society need to watch less TV. Libraries are a great source. The Illuminati is not after oil, they are after control.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shades1035

Germany was a democratic society when Hitler rose to power there.
Democracy is nearly dead. All around the world. It has been corrupted.

But hey, at least they give us these tidbits every once in a while so they continue the appearance of seeming to give a crap about any of it.

God stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach. I mean, yeah we all knew their story was a load of crap, but what really gets me going on this particular story is just the clarification of how long in advance they orchestrated their little show.
The depleted uranium stuff is out of control, also. I mean, what in the hell is the point of even using it unless you feel that once everyone else develops cancer, you will cure it for a predetermined % of the population?

These people are vile disgusting excuses for a human being. I can't even see into the mindset of someone like this. They are completely sociopathic. It is unbelievable that people still buy into this pony show. I dream of the day that all of these scumbuckets, and I mean all of them, will be rooted out and punished for their wrongdoings, but I realize I am entertaining a fool's hope.

(apologies if it appeared I was ranting at you specifically)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Shades1035

Germany was a democratic society when Hitler rose to power there.
Democracy is nearly dead. All around the world. It has been corrupted.

But hey, at least they give us these tidbits every once in a while so they continue the appearance of seeming to give a crap about any of it.

God stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach. I mean, yeah we all knew their story was a load of crap, but what really gets me going on this particular story is just the clarification of how long in advance they orchestrated their little show.
The depleted uranium stuff is out of control, also. I mean, what in the hell is the point of even using it unless you feel that once everyone else develops cancer, you will cure it for a predetermined % of the population?

These people are vile disgusting excuses for a human being. I can't even see into the mindset of someone like this. They are completely sociopathic. It is unbelievable that people still buy into this pony show. I dream of the day that all of these scumbuckets, and I mean all of them, will be rooted out and punished for their wrongdoings, but I realize I am entertaining a fool's hope.

(apologies if it appeared I was ranting at you specifically)

Democracy is the worst form of government to implement. You are better off with a Constitutional Republic of some genre.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
When it comes to war, rules don't exist.

It's all about who has the bigger dick.

Hahahhahahaha. How true.
The West uses the Roman Rules of War. Islam uses the Koran. Both are entirely different... based on size of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join