It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wouldn't recommend masonry to any one.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

To answer your question, which I think I have made fairly clear.

People in a role such as a Judge or political representive should not be a member of any group or association which may have the ability to influence. Various other roles get screened as well, people working with children as an example for the safety of the children.

What I suggest is for the safety of society. Unless you get some benefit from the current status quo then what is the problem? I think you protest too much..

No screening for anything, child molesters in our schools. Stellar idea I think not.

I don't bail and I answer my questions head on.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
Spectulation? No I have hard facts, names, dates, court evidence etc. Why will I not provide it in a public forum...

Sure you do.....You have lists of improprietous behavior yet instead of bringing it to the authorities you decide to address it in a thread authored by a Mason who had a difficult time with some of his lodge mates. Makes perfect sense.

So if I was a member of a satanic cult and wanted to work in your childs nursery would you like to know?

What if the person who the children belonged to did not like Sihks? Or Jews? Or Mormons? Why stop at Satanists? Why not get everyone to declare all their private dealings to assuage the comically paranoid and we can all be happy little despots.

I think a Judge is fairly high up the list to come under the microscope don't you?

I do not think anyone should have to declare anything that they do not want to, ever.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

"I do not think anyone should have to declare anything that they do not want to, ever. "

Can you do my accounts next year please?

Seriously, not a good light my friend.

Keep well

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

Any personal relationship with a Judge should be known to all parties before a trial commences, not just between Freemasons. From your anti-Masonic writings it implies to me that you think only conflicts of interest exist when the Judge is a Freemason.

No offense, but you know nothing of Freemasonry and it's "influence". Would you have all professions have Masonic registers? I'm in the military, should I be forced to make that known? You must know that a Mason is charged to be a good citizen and to uphold the laws, this includes being a Judge.

You make it sound like it is common practice for Freemasons to break the law and then usurp it by getting a Judge that is also a Freemason. Your conspiracies are getting more and more outlandish old boy.

reply to post by Violater1

Those who trust few are probably not very trustworthy themselves.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

People in a role such as a Judge or political representive should not be a member of any group or association which may have the ability to influence. Various other roles get screened as well, people working with children as an example for the safety of the children.

Are you being purposely obtuse? I aksed you; where does it stop? Who is to say what professions and affiliations are included? Who makes these determinations and why are they allowed to do so?

What I suggest is for the safety of society. Unless you get some benefit from the current status quo then what is the problem? I think you protest too much..

The safety of society? Sounds more like the Nazification of society. Being that I have never been arrested or in court, no, I would not benefit from the status quo. Nor would it make much difference since I would be expelled from the Fraternity if I did land myself in court on a serious charge.

No screening for anything, child molesters in our schools. Stellar idea I think not.

Emotional appeals will not help your position. Convicted child molesters are not permitted to live near schools, let alone work in them where I reside.

I don't bail and I answer my questions head on.

Uh, sure.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Heard all the PR spin on what it "should be", I live in the real world and am a little be more realistic.

If that was the case why was a petition submitted to cover this and not the boy scouts. Happy droning!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

"I do not think anyone should have to declare anything that they do not want to, ever. "

Can you do my accounts next year please?

Seriously, not a good light my friend.

Nothing is more disengenious then taking things out of context when you know their meaning.

My comment was in reference to private matters being forced to be made public.

Not cheating on your taxes.

Funny though, that illegal activity was the first thing you thought of.....

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Dark and ironic humour, don't get personal again now.

2nd line

Edit: Love the avatar by the way, no elite complex here at all.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So, in your opinion, would being the member of the same church group be a conflict of interest?

I am not attempting to inject religion into this discussion, but if a person is at all involved in their neighborhood, then most likely they will meet people that could cause conflicts of interests.

As an example, I live across the street from one of our local city officials. We attend the same Church, and she can cook some mean BBQ.
Now, you are comparing this to having a pedophile, or a Satanist involved with children, though you have admitted those extreme examples.

If you want to mark Masons, you'd pretty much have to mark everyone. Those who attend church, members of the Elks Club, or Knights of Columbus. How attended, or attneds the same school, ect.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

...don't get personal again now.

Keep that in mind.

Edit: Love the avatar by the way, no elite complex here at all.

Oops.

Still no answer on my questions, I guess avatar insults are consuming too much of your time.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No sadly there is not a lot of point in carrying on. Your seem to miss the point really.

I could do a full recap but no value in it, keep on the "good" fight

Nevermind

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No sadly there is not a lot of point in carrying on. Your seem to miss the point really.

No, I get your point entirely, you 'have an axe to grind', specifically and admittedly, with the Masons. This has somehow given you justification for supporting a law which would target Masons and force them to reveal private information when attemtping to hold certain jobs.

You were unable, or unwilling, to explain why this should or shoud not be limited to Masons and what the rationale behind the limitations may be, except by stating, "for the safety of society". A brilliant bon mot uttered by every notable tyrant in history.

I could do a full recap but no value in it, keep on the "good" fight

You can not recap that which you did not answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

If you really were a Mason the explanation of the 3rd degree would have been given.

Freemasons believe that we should aid, support, and protect everyone as we are all equal and inhabitants of the same planet. No, what is sad, is that you would allow an irrational fear of a group you know nothing about take the best of you and force a registry on the members. Something right out of the fascist playbook.

So no good Judge can belong to a fraternity? The Patriot Act is a hindrance to freedom.

You first.

We don't recruit. Nice try.

I would have shown you respect except for the first words I saw you write was about the corruption of Masonic judges. We do show compassion with all of our charities. We strive to make the world a better place, for ALL mankind.

Whoever said the Freemasons is just a club for the elite or better members of society? Any man may petition to join. We are very proud of our membership, but no free man should ever be forced to do something like this.

reply to post by Soldier of God

Shriners = Masons

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't recommend it either.

I used to haul cement blocks up the scaffolds one summer when I was really young. Damnation that was hard work for the money. And God help you if you lost your gloves, the blocks would just tear your hands to shreds.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Well, I'm sure with all your evidence you went to the authorities and filed complaints.

I'd rather live in a world where a law abiding citizen doesn't have to give the world his personal life story.

So wait? In the real world, you're okay with just Masonic relations being exposed but not others? That seems to be a double standard and extremely hypocritical.

Like I said before, the petition was over pure speculation and rashness.

You would have us give up our free will to comfort your insecurities.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Just a general question, is not Excommunication done by Papal decree? the OP's reason for Excommunication does not hold water, holy or otherwise. If the OP had to swear on A bible, what bible was it? a helpful insight surely, especially from one who has been excommunicated from the Catholic/Roman Catholic church.

Him being excommunicated from the Roman Catholic church really has nothing to do with this particular post. Whether it happened or not isn't even the point. He brought that up because someone was trying to recruit him in yet another organization; it wasn't to create a new reason for another argument or discussion.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It all sounds like an good ole boys club to me...just a way for the boys to get together and have something to do and someplace to wear a tux..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11
It all sounds like an good ole boys club to me...just a way for the boys to get together and have something to do and someplace to wear a tux..

Please view the video I posted earlier in the thread.

It is much more insidious than I think you realize.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I don't believe a word of the whole account, sounds like a story a 15 years old would tell, complete with the OP casually mentioning beating up a full table of thugs to help an old man...(kind of in an 80's Vandamme movie).

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Ok last bite, when do you use the hand shake and why then? If it is not to reveal who you are and gain advantage or a change in attitude from the other party then why?

Let me guess its a secret.

Safety question though, do you have to wash your hand before you do it? (watch out for that swine flu!)

My friend, you are purposefully baiting people for the mere purpose of antagonizing them for their beliefs, and I know that you're aware of a more constructive way of handling this.

There is a reason why Masons choose to keep secrets, and I'll tell you this, its not for the grand purpose of taking over the societies of the earth. Some things are meant to be pure and taught in a fashion that doesn't get muddied up, or watered down. If it isn't kept within the confines of a tight knit group, different variations begin to appear and different interpretations often ensue, split, and fight for superiority. Example (Chrisitianity: Methodists, Baptists, Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, Christian Science, Jehovah's Witnesses, Pentacostalism, Evangelicalism, Lutheranism) How many of those last factions that I listed claim to have "the monopoly on Heaven and Hell?" Each one of those religions will claim to have the trump card against the other which pits Christian against Christian and brother against brother. Let's not forget the Abrahamic Religions in general. They consist of those many warring factions of Christianity, Islam (sunni vs shiite), and Judaism. Each one of these religions are derived from Abraham, hence, making them all similar in theory. However, none of them can coincide/coexist with the other because people have their own interpretations of religion which ultimately waters down and divides the purity of them.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH FREEMASONRY. Although Freemasonry is not a religion, nor a replacement for one, it openly accepts many belief systems and recognizes the need for cohesion. If a Freemason from Jersey meets a freemason from Iraq, you can bet that they will come together without having any differences between them, and their religions won't even clash. Freemasons are accepting of one another no matter what their geographical difference, political affiliation, religion, color, or creed. There are no spats between them, and they don't have to worry about any impurities of the teachings of freemasonry from one lodge to the next because it always stays consistent and without variation. In the OP's case, his story is definitely the exception to the rule and I BELIEVE its because of his quickness to use violence as a way to problem solve. However, I have no idea what the circumstances were, and I cannot pretend to judge it.

Nonetheless, If you could humble yourself without any ulterior motives for doing so, then you'd have one of the necessary attributes for becoming a mason. Instead of taking this offensive/defensive posture, why not go down to a lodge and speak with one of the people who are inside. It might surprise you the type of response you may receive.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join