It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wouldn't recommend masonry to any one.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

please don't pretend to understand any situation without actually being involved. The OP is a very good choice for a mason, and has served the order well. He is a slice of what I wish our whole youth was. A good person with a good heart, trying desperately to do the right thing and find a place in the world. I applaud him for what he has accomplished and what he will no doubt do in his future endeavors. Walk a mile in the mans shoes before you judge him.

I kind of agree that this was a test, but not one that anybody here put together. It was a character test and you seem to have passed with flying colors. You held true to your core beliefs and were/are willing to fight to maintain your way. Character is in such short supply these days, It is nice to see someone with some. Hold your head high, and trust in the one whom you claimed to trust when that question was asked. You will find your way and find all the help you need along the way. I have no doubt that that is true. take care brother.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust

I am talking about Judges and to be honest Political representives, thats where it stops because that is the correct level of scrutiny that those roles should have.

I think you know exactly what I meant. Where does the line get drawn on what should or should not be disclosed by an indivdual and who makes that determination and what empowers them to do so?

First it was Masons, then you said all fraternities, what/who is next?

Stop fear mongering

I am not the one seeing Masons/Boogeymen under every bed and needs them to state their affiliation so I can sleep easy at night owing to my inherent distrust of them.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

How the hell is a 24 year old supposed to fit into any of this and become a true and faithful Brother?

When I was raised I was 20 years old. I was the youngest in the lodges 90 year history, ever. I was the youngest by .... 18 years.

I can relate to what your saying.

I understood that the brothers really don't even like doing them. All they do is bitch about it. After I found that out the whole experience seemed very superficial and fake.

There's a lot of bull@#% that takes place sometimes.. especially if you have a lodge full of oldies. When I moved out West I found most of the Masons I have met thus far are a lot younger and are a lot light hearted about everything, and don't complain nearly as much. Thus far, it sounds like you got a bad lodge

some one who is supposed to have my back no matter what whisper to another 'brother' that my fiance looked like a bar room whore because of her tattoos. Right after I heard him say that he walked over and offered me his hand for a shake and a smile and offered it to her as well!!!

Whaatt?????!!! ... Seriously? Hell dude, props to you because I think I woulda outed him right there and then. Beyond uncool ..

I still take my obligations very seriously, but I don't think I will ever attend another lodge meeting again after this Thursday. I will be demiting.

Demit your not, you're always going to be a Mason... My advice, if you would consider it: Spend some time cruising the lodges.. I am sure there are probably much younger lodges, especially if you live in a city. Not all lodges are decent, that's the sad truth. I'd hate to see someone walk away just because some old hags use Masonry as a social club than what it's truly meant for. Especially someone as interested as you..

Take the Good with the Bad. There are a LOT of good guys out there, and you'll miss out on some awesome experiences if you just quit .. either way, what ever you choose to do .. sorry your experience sucked, it's a crying shame honestly.. hopefully in the future you'll find a lodge to call home.

Consider the next step of your Travels.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

"You will find your way and find all the help you need along the way. I have no doubt that that is true. take care brother."

That is what it is all about is it not? Just be really honest just for once, one of you please.

So tell me would I be a good Mason? Is my character good enough based on my posts? tell me please because I would love to know? I am honest, speak my mind, my integrity and honour is without question and I have done a lot of work for charity, I have risen to the top of my industry and I am "self sustaining".

Oh and by the way it has been suggested to me several times to stand in the square.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

Look, I've read some of the same books you have.

"that my breast shall be the sacred repository of his secrets when entrusted to my care - murder, treason, felony, and all other offences contrary to the laws of God and the ordinances of the realm being at all times most especially excepted."
That from the obligation of the Entered Apprentice.
Pike also has a bit where he states that no Mason should be chosen over a non Mason if the non-Mason can do a better job than the Mason.

The rule may be regarded as universal, that, where there is a choice to be made, a Mason will give his vote and influence, in politics and business, to the less qualified profane in preference to the better qualified Mason.

From page 36 of Morals and Dogma.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

I also take offence to this. Just because a woman "is tatted up" does not mean she is a whore.
Don't label a whole group of people for the actions of one person you knew, or did you just "hear it"?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That is what it is all about is it not? Just be really honest just for once, one of you please.

It's not what it's "all about" .. but yes, that's a huge part of it. Where ever he goes, anywhere in the World he will always find assistance in some form, even online if he so chose to.

Hows that for conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I have read no books on the topic, my observations are from the sidelines which is where I am happy to be.

Whatever may be written in print is not always practiced in truth and that goes for a large number of topics!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

When your a judge or political figure.

As I have tried to labour that point

Edit: Respect given for admitting it though

And maybe it is me testing you.. Now thats a plot for you

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

Well your right about one thing, i don't hold an office job. But work place drama is known to me, construction workers are almost as bad as cheerleaders.

As far as living in a rural area and the lodge being in the middle of no where you are way off base. I live downtown in a relatively big city.

As far as my ladies tattoos goes thats really no ones business but hers. And masons sure as hell don't dictate what she can wear. Besides that she looks great in her dinner dress, and her tats are awsome. The fact that show support for a man calling another mans fience a whore truly shows your level of class and respect for the fairer sex. You can pass all the judgements you wish. My lady is the best part of me and i don't care if the spirit of God himself came down and told her she was a whore, I'd say the same thing to him as i did to the last man who spoke ill of her.

I wrote the whole story down and submitted for the readers here and wanted their opinions. yours kind of sucks but hey thats how you feel and respect that.

I love masonry deeply. That is the primary reason for me being so torn up about this situation. I'm sorry that you don't think i have what it takes to be a master mason, but i am. And i will be the rest of my life, lodge or no lodge, this journey goes on until the end.

Rock, I am and have been open to advice from the brothers that frequent these pages and have already taken a lot to heart within this thread. I appreciate your sentiments about the situation.

This morning when i published this thread I was unsure about what course of action would be best to take. But after recieving so much support from the brothers here I have some serious contemplating to do.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I would have to look at your posts to be able to answer that myself, but my answer doesn't matter, what I think of you means nothing. What you do in life and what you think of yourself is what really matters. If you feel like you are a good person, and you are happy when helping others, then yes, masonry would be a good avenue. But that is for you to decide. I know a lot of people who I consider brothers, or (masons and they don't know it yet) and they may never petitioned the order, but the fact that they are that kind of person is what is really important. Sure we need new members so the order won't fade away, but what we really need is people who truly walk the walk. that is the only thing that will keep things like the OP has described from reoccurring.

link   

Eh, lol .. I don't think you are really... comprehending what I said. But whatever.

link   

Yes indeed, which was what I was going to mention at the end of my post.

Y'see, with any group you can find statements to disagree with. By pulling out quotes you can paint a very negative image of it, which is what you've been doing.
I am merely counterpointing your points you bring up in this regard.

Whether or not a Mason will practice what the tenants of the group state is a separate matter.

I am not a Mason, but most of the Masons I've met tend to be decent folks, who seem to live up to their rules.
Now of course, that's just the fellows I've met, and doesn't speak as the group as a whole.

Edit: To W3RLIED2
To add something else here, part of the reason I don't so much enjoy going to Christian groups is due to, in part, how they tend to interact with people outside of a cultural norm. Even though I have a great deal of respect for my karate instructor, I do not agree with some of his views, which come from a fundamental Christian stance.
Part of being in a group, any group, is dealing with these sort of people, keeping in mind that no argument will change their mind.
Most you can do is ignore it, which you can't if the statements are personal, or leave. Which is what I'd recommend. Either find a different lodge you feel is better in your opinion, or demit altogether.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by RuneSpider]

link   

Eh, lol .. I don't think you are really... comprehending what I said. But whatever.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If your really such a bad dude.. why not join the UFC and make a million??

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Oh trust me I understand perfectly well

But as you say whatever..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If there was something deep, dark and sinister about your chapter, you have ultimately killed your chances of finding out and alienated yourself when you approached the guy about your wife.

As it stands right now, you can't be trusted and are a barbarian (that's what they're thinking and basically what you typed.)

[edit on 29-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Dude, you should clean that thing. Double posts are for nerds.

JK. Glad you are here to support our brother.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

This morning when i published this thread I was unsure about what course of action would be best to take. But after recieving so much support from the brothers here I have some serious contemplating to do.

Just like the rest of Masonry, you'll have to look within your inner self to find the right path for you. Just as long as your doing SOMETHING I'd be happy, whether with Masonry or another organization..

Don't succumb to apathy of society, Humans are social creatures and need institutions like Masonry, or Elks, or KoC or Rotary, or whatever.. just as long as it's something, and you don't wind up sitting on your arse for the next 30 years then look back wishing you would have done something in life aside work.

We younguns (im 23) have the institutionalized clubs of our fathers fathers to work against, as well as the stereotypes of society at the same time.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
[edit on 11/29/2009 by Rockpuck]

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join