It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wouldn't recommend masonry to any one.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Its obviously just the lodge that you are attending. I bet if you went to a nearby lodge it would be different ( or same? who knows).

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Secret Societies only exist to make you feel more important. It's as if knowing these strange occult things lends you wisdom 'that is important'...

i notice both of the masons here have a little compass thing... i'm sure you both feel awfully proud of yourselves for knowing the meaning behind that.

Cults are the downfall of humans.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I was nominated for the Fraternity of Eagles. The only thing I got out of it was to get out of it. It was very judgemental of everyone and yes I caught hell for my tattoos. I have noticed in everyone of the organizations that almost every one is very hipocritical. This is the reason I also quit going to church. It is best to gather with people who are good for you, even if it means studying on your own. Good for standing up though. S&F for you and good luck.
Pinky

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Brother,

Each lodge has a unique personality. Before you take a “Grand Lodge Demit” (leave masonry), please visit other lodges in you area. I’ve been in masonry for many years and while I have never found a mess such as you have encountered, I have visited lodges where I felt less than welcome. Most though have treated me as a long lost friend.

Please, before you give up, look at and visit other lodges as there are many fine lodges with true Brothers out there. Don’t let some people who won’t take their oaths seriously run you away from a fine institution.

All of my best wishes for your future, whichever ever you should decide to choose. Many of us here would be more than happy to help you find a new home if you wish. Feel free to contact me if I can help.

Remember, “Lodges” are not just the building but the people in them.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Your post is understandable. I have had disappointing events unfold within the Lodge that I belong also.

I will not go into the details, but they were matters of the heart, not of gossip.

I also felt betrayed, because of what I believed about these men.

As has been stated in this thread, Masons are simply men. Many of these men are Masons in name only, but there are those that are Masons throughout their being.

You learned things that you already knew, but were presented knowledge in a manner to build something within your soul. Do not foresake this. You sir should stand proud to represent Mason's. Your actions will be noticed, and there will be many that appreciate and understand you deeds. Those that gossip, defame the good name, and abandon another brother are simply NON Masons that slither in the Lodges of the world and wear the symbols of our fraternity, casting a dark and foul shadow upon the Upright Masons of the world.

I ask that you do not drop, that you keep up your dues. If you are disgusted with your Lodge, and many Brothers get this way, then seek another Lodge to contribute to. Do not lose what pride you found in the teachings about Brothers, we are here. I do not often wear my ring, which was handed down to me by my father, nor the ring which was my grandfathers. I am always a Mason in actions, and I always greet a Brother with the grip. I am proud to be a Mason, though I am not proud of all Masons and their actions.

It is not difficult to act as a Mason should when all Masons treat each other as taught. It is difficult to stay true to the teachings and conduct oneself as a Upright Mason when surrounded by slithering replicas of a Mason. It is all the more important for true Masons to Stand Proud and Act Appropriately so that what we have learned, felt, and believe does not pass away because of the False Masons that reside within our Lodges.

Thank you for your post, I can understand the emotions that are contained in the words, the violation of trust, the act of protecting a Brother while putting yourself at risk, to only be disrespected. I also understand the part of the disrespect for your wife. For a Mason to utter the words of defame against your wife goes against what we all learned. A Masons wife and child shall be treated as ones own always by all Brothers. We as Masons should never have doubts about this. We all carry the knowledge that in a time of crisis that a Brother can be counted on to protect and give aid to our loved ones. The man that spoke the foul words you wrote is no Mason, he is but a shallow, pitiful creature.

I hope as time passes your emotions do not diminish, but change directions so that you keep the faith, and lead others rather than abandon the true Brothers that surround you everywhere you go.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I too walked away from the brotherhood 8 years ago, for very similar reasons as the OP. I was shocked by the lying, corruption, covering each others butts when they would otherwise have been sacked or even imprisoned. Hearing them constantly reffer to a fellow member as " that fu***ng ................... bas***d ", when I asked why they would let a criminal and gangster like that join in the first place, they said " because he has got money ". No that seems to me one of the very reasons they keep the individual groups very seperate, is that the infighting would distroy the entire lodge !

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
I too walked away from the brotherhood 8 years ago, for very similar reasons as the OP. I was shocked by the lying, corruption, covering each others butts when they would otherwise have been sacked or even imprisoned. Hearing them constantly reffer to a fellow member as " that fu***ng ................... bas***d ", when I asked why they would let a criminal and gangster like that join in the first place, they said " because he has got money ". No that seems to me one of the very reasons they keep the individual groups very seperate, is that the infighting would distroy the entire lodge !

Please tell me what Lodge this happened in as behavior like this should be reported to the jurisdictions Grand Lodge.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

The person who they were calling, would have had anyone involved in the situation crippled or killed, as he has done before on occasion, a word in the wrong place and there would have been many injuries or worse. They spoke against him, in each others company secure in the knowledge that the others would keep it a secret.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

You were able to understand my question, were you not?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Man, it sounds like you joined the High School cheer leading squad. Not knocking you personally but that kind of behavior from the masons suggests a simple clique and nothing more.

You were an outsider and will always be. Just another "Good 'ol Boys" club.

Sorry you had such a tough experience, but thank you for confirming what I had suspected...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
First of all I am a mason. Second of all I don't agree with the calling of your lady any derogatory names. I think that was one mans flaw. Not Masonic flaw. Third thing, have you ever thought the guys told other masons these things about you because they were actually praising you (I.e, wow this guy can fight!), and the older members took it the wrong way? Just a couple of thoughts. What state is your lodge in? City also if you don't mind.

I say express your concerns in a business meeting, not on ats. If you do present your gripes in a non agressive non-defensive manner, you may be suprised at the results you get.
Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN
Man, it sounds like you joined the High School cheer leading squad. Not knocking you personally but that kind of behavior from the masons suggests a simple clique and nothing more.

You were an outsider and will always be. Just another "Good 'ol Boys" club.

Sorry you had such a tough experience, but thank you for confirming what I had suspected...

Confirming that every lodge is different?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Last thing! You can't recommend masonry to anyone if you wanted to. They have to recommend themselves. 2B1ASK1
only kidding. Have a good day.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
these guys are the wanna be masons

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfpack 51

Ok so we have some Mason's here

"A Masons wife and child shall be treated as ones own always by all Brothers. We as Masons should never have doubts about this. We all carry the knowledge that in a time of crisis that a Brother can be counted on to protect and give aid to our loved ones."

Now answer me this, does that come at a cost to a non Mason?

It is things like this described in the following article which give those slithering Mason's as you put it massive room to play god with other peoples lives. So tell me this, if you know there is wrong and corruption in you society why dont you remove it. Unlike the real world you can very easily..

Justice for all? or Just Mason's

If nothing underhand is happening then why the requirement for secrecy?

So when a judge rolls over a non Mason in favor of a brother and flies in the face of justice, can you explain how that is better for mankind? And don't say it doesn't go on because I personally know it does! Alot!

And you know what there is nothing you can do about it! Because they close ranks quicker than you can blink. Disgusting!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Student

reply to post by Wolfpack 51

reply to post by NEWclearMind

Thank you for the input guys. It helps immensly. The emotions that I've been going through lately have been tough to deal with. NEWclearMind, I understand why you would suggest that i discuss this in a meeting and i plan on doing so. But at the same time i need opinions from not just masons but others as well. Also, there a brothers here on this message board that i have been in contact with since before i was initiated, whose words and advice i take to heart. I've been contacted by several brothers already this morning whose advice and support have helped greatly.

I also think its important that any one aspiring to become a mason hear some truths from the horses mouth, so to speak. As i said in the OP this is not a bash on all masons, and don't have problems with all masons or the principles of masonry. I still intend to abide by the obligations that I've taken, and will not divulge what i've been trusted with. I would say if there is a lesson to be had here it's that you may want to spend some time researching a lodge and spending time getting to know its members before hand... but from my experience even than people you thought you knew very well on a personal level are not at all who they seem to be.

Wolfpack, Masonic Student, and every one who has contributed (or contacted me) thank you. This decission was not easy. It's refreshing to hear from brothers (and others) that understand where my heart is and how hard this is. I appreciate it greatly.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
dude,
first you gotta figure, most people in their 60s, mason or not, (hell i'm 28 and I see it as whorish and won't date a woman with tattoos..) no offense, for a woman to be tatted up...
the body is the "temple of god", right???

in short it is a generation gap...

you were not wrong for confronting the dude, but you threatened to drag an old man across the street and whoop his ass... that would be looked down upon in any organization...

as for picking the fight with the Mexicans, you were in a bar owned by a brother.. there were far better ways of handling the situation than escalating the fight...

ever think that the old dude thinks you put him in danger...
you think if the same people see him somewhere alone that they won't start #### now?

just something to think about it...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The word for that is 'hypocrisy.' My dad is a Mason. He joined the Nebraska Lodge. I don't know how deep his involvement is with them; but I found out that as a daughter of a Mason-all I have to do is find a Mason, tell him that I am a daughter of a member, and whatever help I need, I will get it.

I have a friend, who needs help and gets 'They won't like it' thrown back at her. I have yet to find a Mason to come to my aid.

I have found many churches are guilty of the same thing. They will tell you how wonderful you are and how glad that they are that you are a part of their group. Rather than help you, they turn their back on you, or gossip about you, etc, etc.

I find in many religious domiciliarys' and such there is a large number of people, who take part in back-biting, so forth and so on. I am a person that takes great displeasure in such practices. I do my best to keep out of the way of such things.

However, I clearly understand your anger and upset with what was said about your fiance. To me, it sounds like Masonary is like a Gentlemen's Club. We have a Gentlemen's Only Club in the city; which I think is a guise for a Masonic group. It is in the real posh part of the city.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

Tattoos aren't whorrish, damn it. A woman who acts like a whore is whoreish. How the hell does ink inbedded under the skin make some one whoreish.

I take offense. wheather you intend it or not. If some one called your wife or girlfriend a whore and you were within earshot you wouldn't tell the guy he's outta line? I can't believe people sometimes.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow, Masons sound like a typical Christian church. Nothing more than a good ole boys club that embraces gossip.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join