It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wouldn't recommend masonry to any one.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
Reading back through historic posts to this board there is a very sad and common theme. There is a core collective group which goes out of it's way to gang attack anyone which presents a view which is in opposition to your views or that of your association.

Contradiction by more than one member of an identified group with worldwide membership qualifies as a "gang attack" in your lexicon? Where I hail from that's a better indication of the person being contradicted having a thin skin than any kind of organised response.

Sorry contradiction's anathema to you.

You will take a statement and look at it only from one angle or just take it out of context with what the poster intended. Rather than seek clarification you wade in with guns blazing.

So you say with nought to support your assertion (at least anytime since I've been on ATS). As for unclarified guns a-blazin', that seems more emblematic of your posts (like here and here) which so far as I've seen, have not attempted to directly rebut but rather take exception to being contradicted.

If have taken lumps off you via that very method, combined with you collectively stating what your organisation stands for and the associated ethics and manners yet you display the polar opposite.

Self-immolation doesn't qualify one for martyrdom.

You have even be warned about such behaviour as can be seen by the sticky post at the top of the board yet it still continues which is a shame as I am actually very interested in your individual views and that of your group and how they are related to a broad range of topics.

You'll excuse me if I point out that your actions have repeatedly belied your words.

So I will leave you too it so have fun, your objective has been achieved in this case also.

Discussion's a two-way street. I involves give and take, talk and listen, thrust and parry. I'm sorry you only seem to have participated in this thread to take, talk and thrust.

Tant pit.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

So we should give into someone's irrational beliefs? I don't think so. Freemasonry allows for no conflict of interest in our lives outside of the Craft. Everyone is taught to be good, fair, and just. Like I said, everyone has some kind of external interests that affect their beliefs.

Thankfully my personal life is my own and no ones else. I have a right to privacy no matter if I'm Joe Shmoe down the street or a Congressman for my State. I'll declare my membership if asked, but I shouldn't have to be forced into anything nor does our Constitution require that. People should never give into irrational hatred or distrust.

Our Oaths don't interfere with any other duties we have in life. Plus, the Constitution doesn't require someone to divulge their personal life.

Like I said, if I am fully qualified for a position I shouldn't be eligible because I'm a member of a private group that has never done anything wrong. That is wrong.

There are boundaries, controls, and requirements...its called the Constitution. All restrictions and requirements are for age, citizenship, or past criminal activities. I'm just thankful for our Constitution and right to some privacy. I don't give into mob rule.

I'm all for debate, but I'm against irrational beliefs of someone who pulls off of anti-Masonic websites. I don't mind someone disagreeing with us, but I want justification.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

So we should give into someone's irrational beliefs? I don't think so. Freemasonry allows for no conflict of interest in our lives outside of the Craft. Everyone is taught to be good, fair, and just. Like I said, everyone has some kind of external interests that affect their beliefs.

Thankfully my personal life is my own and no ones else. I have a right to privacy no matter if I'm Joe Shmoe down the street or a Congressman for my State. I'll declare my membership if asked, but I shouldn't have to be forced into anything nor does our Constitution require that. People should never give into irrational hatred or distrust.

Our Oaths don't interfere with any other duties we have in life. Plus, the Constitution doesn't require someone to divulge their personal life.

Like I said, if I am fully qualified for a position I shouldn't be eligible because I'm a member of a private group that has never done anything wrong. That is wrong.

There are boundaries, controls, and requirements...its called the Constitution. All restrictions and requirements are for age, citizenship, or past criminal activities. I'm just thankful for our Constitution and right to some privacy. I don't give into mob rule.

I'm all for debate, but I'm against irrational beliefs of someone who pulls off of anti-Masonic websites. I don't mind someone disagreeing with us, but I want justification.

Can people help to feel distrust towards the masons? The mason are pretty much asking for distrust, simply because of the premise of living in "secrecy."

To common day people secrecy of a organization implies having something to hide, which by default, from their perspective, negativity.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
Can people help to feel distrust towards the masons? The mason are pretty much asking for distrust, simply because of the premise of living in "secrecy."

Hmmm. Living in secrecy, eh? Guess you should be equally belligerent about Knights of Columbus. And what about university fraternities (and sororities for that matter)? Are you giving them a pass just because you're focused on Masonry?

I mean, you do realise that the "secrets" of Masonry are approaching the completion of their third century in the public realm, don`t you? If a degree of 'secrecy' such as that worries you, how do you feel about corporate secrecy? Or governmental?

To common day people secrecy of a organization implies having something to hide, which by default, from their perspective, negativity.

Like I just said, the secrets haven't been secret in a very long time. Perhaps you choose to believe that the secrets you can Google are not real secrets but rather meant to mollify the curiousity of the casually-interested. If that's the case, there's precious little I or anyone else can do to convince you otherwise because we as Masons must be dissembling to throw you off the scent, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Hmmm. Living in secrecy, eh? Guess you should be equally belligerent about Knights of Columbus. And what about university fraternities (and sororities for that matter)? Are you giving them a pass just because you're focused on Masonry? I mean, you do realise that the "secrets" of Masonry are approaching the completion of their third century in the public realm, don`t you? If a degree of 'secrecy' such as that worries you, how do you feel about corporate secrecy? Or governmental?

I'm not worried about the masonic secrecy or any other things about them, I'm just speaking for the general public.

The Masonic populace are accused of the biggest conspiracies, granted they are pretty much the odd cookie that sticks out out of secret corporations/government. If I'm correct about the assertion of the pyramid with the All seeing eye, their hidden symbolism has flooded the mainstream media. That would raise a eyebrow or two wouldn't you agree?

Additionally, why won't this masonic order address these allegations and clear their name?

Like I just said, the secrets haven't been secret in a very long time. Perhaps you choose to believe that the secrets you can Google are not real secrets but rather meant to mollify the curiousity of the casually-interested. If that's the case, there's precious little I or anyone else can do to convince you otherwise because we as Masons must be dissembling to throw you off the scent, right?

The secrets the masonic has out could all be transient secrets, the public has no verifiable evidence to suggest the masonic highest/critical secrets aren't kept to themselves. The google secrets could be real secrets or they could be half truths mixed with lies or possibly misinformation. The public lacks verifiable information, and thus continually distrust them and see them as negative.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'm not worried about the masonic secrecy or any other things about them, I'm just speaking for the general public.

The Masonic populace are accused of the biggest conspiracies, granted they are pretty much the odd cookie that sticks out out of secret corporations/government.

Yet Masonic secrecy is (for whatever reason) seen by some fevered brows as trumping corporate/governmental secrecy as well as the same level if not greater degrees of secrecy practised by other fraternities.

Why the double standard?

If I'm correct about the assertion of the pyramid with the All seeing eye, their hidden symbolism has flooded the mainstream media. That would raise a eyebrow or two wouldn't you agree?

The pyramid is not a Masonic symbol per se. It is a holy avatar that can be found all around in places having nothing whatever to do with Masonry. For instance, should you ever go to Versailles, you'll see the pyramid over the altar in the chapel there. And go to Venice and you'll see the same icon over the entrance to Santa Maria Maddalena in Cannaregio. These are but two examples of my personal experience.

Additionally, why won't this masonic order address these allegations and clear their name?

That's kind of a 'when did you stop beating your wife' kind of question. Such allegations have ever been the purview of those who think Masonry capable of all kinds of vile and villainy and those individuals wouldn't be satisfied with the truth because there presumptions and assumptions are so much more entertaining.

As far as the general public is concerned, even addressing such tomfoolery in the first place suggests 'the laddie doth protest too much' and would plant the thought that maybe there's something that deserves greater attention when really there isn't.

The secrets the masonic has out could all be transient secrets, the public has no verifiable evidence to suggest the masonic highest/critical secrets aren't kept to themselves.

Nor any to prove otherwise. But the issue really comes down to a case of where is a person or a group allowed to draw the line on their right to privacy vs. someone else's right to prurient interest.

The google secrets could be real secrets or they could be half truths mixed with lies or possibly misinformation. The public lacks verifiable information, and thus continually distrust them and see them as negative.

The male members of society of welcome to join Masonry and personally disabuse themselves of such concerns. Oh.....wait.....there's that "unbiased by mercenary motives" thing. The simple fact is that Masonry is meant to make good men better. However, there's no level of transparency that will ever satisfy those who choose to reflexively assume the worst about others.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yet Masonic secrecy is (for whatever reason) seen by some fevered brows as trumping corporate/governmental secrecy as well as the same level if not greater degrees of secrecy practised by other fraternities.

Why the double standard?

High level masons make up the rich and wealthy, it wouldn't be farfetch for the public to think masonry has a hidden hand in the corporate/government secrecy.

After all masons do run major political positions.

The pyramid is not a Masonic symbol per se. It is a holy avatar that can be found all around in places having nothing whatever to do with Masonry. For instance, should you ever go to Versailles, you'll see the pyramid over the altar in the chapel there. And go to Venice and you'll see the same icon over the entrance to Santa Maria Maddalena in Cannaregio. These are but two examples of my personal experience.

These two examples pretty much confirms to me masons and their symbology are prominent within this world. I need hard evidence the "All Seeing Eye" isn't connected to masonry.

Known and established mason such as Jay-Z continually flaunt this symbol.

That's kind of a 'when did you stop beating your wife' kind of question. Such allegations have ever been the purview of those who think Masonry capable of all kinds of vile and villainy and those individuals wouldn't be satisfied with the truth because there presumptions and assumptions are so much more entertaining.

As far as the general public is concerned, even addressing such tomfoolery in the first place suggests 'the laddie doth protest too much' and would plant the thought that maybe there's something that deserves greater attention when really there isn't.

Fair enough.

Nor any to prove otherwise. But the issue really comes down to a case of where is a person or a group allowed to draw the line on their right to privacy vs. someone else's right to prurient interest.

I actually do not blame them for having a interest or holding mason as suspects. Currently, they are the rich and wealthy as claimed by a noteworthy mason that appeared here in 2008 (HiddenHand) and are running their lives.

The male members of society of welcome to join Masonry and personally disabuse themselves of such concerns. Oh.....wait.....there's that "unbiased by mercenary motives" thing. The simple fact is that Masonry is meant to make good men better. However, there's no level of transparency that will ever satisfy those who choose to reflexively assume the worst about others.

Most masons I've come across possess on the internet possess a high level of intelligence, and are pretty eloquent in their ways. If I'm correct they possess spiritual truths that far surpass religions in their ideologies today. They see the holistic and thus live respectively.

If you can debunk noteworthy masons on their testimonies of running people lives and controlling them like puppets then I would consider your words.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

High level masons make up the rich and wealthy...

Actually, neither of those statements is true.

These two examples pretty much confirms to me masons and their symbology are prominent within this world. I need hard evidence the "All Seeing Eye" isn't connected to masonry.
Masons do use the All Seeing Eye. So do Christians and a lot of older religions as well. What's really interesting is that there's absolutely NO historical evidence that either the Masons nor the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776 ever used the Eye in an UNFINISHED PYRAMID as a symbol. None. From my research, the reverse of the Great Seal of the U.S. has never been a symbol used by any esoteric organization. Its first appearance as a symbol was, in fact, as the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States. And every conspiracy theorist who tries to tie it to the "Illuminati" can go no further back than William Guy Carr around 1956, and then made more popular by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson in their fictional works published in 1976.

Find me ONE document older than 1950 that ties the eye in an unfinished pyramid to either Masonic symbology or the Bavarian Illuminati and I'll buy you lunch.

There's no evidence that Jay-Z is a Mason. He flaunts symbols, yes. But anyone can. Doesn't mean he's taken any oaths.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

High level masons make up the rich and wealthy, it wouldn't be farfetch for the public to think masonry has a hidden hand in the corporate/government secrecy.

Could you provide a list of these people?

The Eye of Providence, which is the eye withing a triangle, is not a Masonic symbol. It had its origins with the Trinitarian Christians and represnts the trinity of God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ.

The All-Seeing Eye, which is a Masonic symbol in many jurisdictions is not usually represented by being placed in a triangle and is typically depicted as an eye without and other adornment, or, if it is adorned it is usually by a glory or sunburst. However, it never appears inside a pyramid, either finished or unfinished. It is meant to represent the all-seeing eye of God and that nothing can be concealed from the Deity.

Which lodge is Jay-Z a member of? Famous Masons are always touted by the Fraternity and their home lodges are usually proud of their achievments.

I actually do not blame them for having a interest or holding mason as suspects. Currently, they are the rich and wealthy as claimed by a noteworthy mason that appeared here in 2008 (HiddenHand) and are running their lives.

There are two members that have that name with different spellings;

Neither one has posted anything regarding Masons or Masonry.

If you can debunk noteworthy masons on their testimonies of running people lives and controlling them like puppets then I would consider your words.

Who are these 'noteworthy' Masons and what makes them noteworthy in the first place?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Actually, neither of those statements is true.

I will need evidence, instead of anecdote.

Masons do use the All Seeing Eye. So do Christians and a lot of older religions as well. What's really interesting is that there's absolutely NO historical evidence that either the Masons nor the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776 ever used the Eye in an UNFINISHED PYRAMID as a symbol. None. From my research, the reverse of the Great Seal of the U.S. has never been a symbol used by any esoteric organization. Its first appearance as a symbol was, in fact, as the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States. And every conspiracy theorist who tries to tie it to the "Illuminati" can go no further back than William Guy Carr around 1956, and then made more popular by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson in their fictional works published in 1976.

Find me ONE document older than 1950 that ties the eye in an unfinished pyramid to either Masonic symbology or the Bavarian Illuminati and I'll buy you lunch.

It strike me as odd that this symbol exist predominantly in our media in a propagating fashion. People come up to me everyday, pointing out the pyramid and the all seeing eye being witnessed commonly. Whether it's a masonic symbol or not it's still a symbol that shouldn't be dismissed.

There's no evidence that Jay-Z is a Mason. He flaunts symbols, yes. But anyone can. Doesn't mean he's taken any oaths.

Jay-z admittedly said he was in mason in run this town lyrics. He gave visual cues to confirm such as the boaz handshake.

Gladly

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.scribd.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Names? Organisations? Lodge affiliation?

Otherwise, I'm calling Bravo Sierra

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Uh......you uh do know that Versailles was home to Louis XIV, King of France? Not known to have been a Freemason. As for Santa Maria? Catholic church. Not especially likely to be allowed to stand as a monument to Freemasonry given the Vatican's historic stance on Masonry.

Names? Organisations? Lodge affiliation?

Otherwise, I'm calling Bravo Sierra

Again!

That's like saying all Americans are rich, thin, intelligent and good-looking. A certain percentage may fit those individual categories; virtually none fit all of them. That also applies to any nationality. As far as Masons go, it cannot be denied that we have many members of rank and affluence ; neither can it be concealed, that, among the thousands who range under its banners, there are some who, perhaps, of circumstances of unavoidable calamity and misfortune are reduced to the lowest ebb of poverty and distress.

To suggest that Masons to a man (or even in any appreciable numbers in excess of the general populace) are significantly better off than average just isn't supportable.

Most masons I've come across possess on the internet possess a high level of intelligence, and are pretty eloquent in their ways. If I'm correct they possess spiritual truths that far surpass religions in their ideologies today. They see the holistic and thus live respectively.

Good luck in your pursuit. All people who're identifiable with a particular group are not going to be quantifiable in exactly the same way.

Soon as you post words form actual "noteworthy masons" as opposed to Masonic poseurs, I'll respond.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It strike me as odd that this symbol exist predominantly in our media in a propagating fashion. People come up to me everyday, pointing out the pyramid and the all seeing eye being witnessed commonly. Whether it's a masonic symbol or not it's still a symbol that shouldn't be dismissed.

Greeeaaaat evidence!

A Tom and Jerry cartoon is the depth and quality of your 'evidence'.

That has to be some kind of notable.......something.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Jay-z admittedly said he was in mason in run this town lyrics. He gave visual cues to confirm such as the boaz handshake.

So if I sang a song that said I played centerfield for the New York Yankees that would make it fact?

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Gladly

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.scribd.com...

I did not see a list of these people in power that you allege to be Masons. One link was to a 1,000+ post thread here on Above Top Secret which I am not about to wade through. Additonally, the member you mentioned (Hidden-Hand) who authored the thread made a grand total of one (1) post and said nothing of anyone in power being Masons.

The other was to a 'book' which also did not have a list. I am asking you who these people are. You obviously believe they exist since you said that:

High level masons make up the rich and wealthy

and

Once again, who are these people? Give us names, not useless links to other posters threads.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So if I sang a song that said I played centerfield for the New York Yankees that would make it fact?

If it barks like a dog and walk like a dog, it's usually a dog.

I did not see a list of these people in power that you allege to be Masons. One link was to a 1,000+ post thread here on Above Top Secret which I am not about to wade through. Additonally, the member you mentioned (Hidden-Hand) who authored the thread made a grand total of one (1) post and said nothing of anyone in power being Masons. The other was to a 'book' which also did not have a list. I am asking you who these people are. You obviously believe they exist since you said that:

Once again, who are these people? Give us names, not useless links to other posters threads.

When did I say I had a list of masons? I think I unequivocally said, If you can debunk noteworthy masons on their testimonies of running people lives and controlling them like puppets then I would consider your words."

Did I say within their writing they had a list of powerful ranking freemasons running people lives or did I say the person disclosing the testimony claim to be high ranking mason running people lives?

I specifically implied these masons who disclosed this testimony claimed to be powerful high ranking masons that subtly control people lives.

Here's a shorter version. Hidden-Hand Dialogue

And actually this user has more post than 1.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Greeeaaaat evidence!

A Tom and Jerry cartoon is the depth and quality of your 'evidence'.

That has to be some kind of notable.......something.

The f***???

That wasn't evidence, I was posting something I found odd about the constant pyramid and the eye propagation in the media today.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Today, people have given into a false security and have been indoctrinated to think that privacy is something wrong and often confuse privacy with secrecy.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

If it barks like a dog and walk like a dog, it's usually a dog.

What if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck? I should get to work on that song, hopefully the Steinbrenners can retro-pay me because according to my tune, I have been playing centerfield since 1973.

When did I say I had a list of masons? I think I unequivocally said, If you can debunk noteworthy masons on their testimonies of running people lives and controlling them like puppets then I would consider your words."

Who are these 'noteworthy' Masons? People who post anonymously on this website?

Once again, you did say:

High level masons make up the rich and wealthy

and

Who are these high-level Masons? Where do they meet? What do they do? What positions do they hold?

Did I say within their writing they had a list of powerful ranking freemasons running people lives or did I say the person disclosing the testimony claim to be high ranking mason running people lives?

So now we are to take people who post anonymously at face value for their claims as to being 'high ranking' Masons? Fine, I am an even higher-ranking Mason then they are and what they said is a total prevarication. See how that works?

I specifically implied these masons who disclosed this testimony claimed to be powerful high ranking masons that subtly control people lives.

But these ultra powerful people suddenly had the compulsion to come to a conspiracy site and inform you of what they were perpetrating?

Right, because if I was really doing what they alleged I would want to tell as many people as possible....

And actually this user has more post than 1.

No, in actuallity this user had only one post.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Today, people have given into a false security and have been indoctrinated to think that privacy is something wrong and often confuse privacy with secrecy.

And therein lies the slipperiest slope of the war on terror or any other of the styled 'wars' that have been used and will be used as pretexts to chip away at human rights in the States. All these 'little' abdications of privacy and human rights nominally in the employ of further security and public safety are to me the most worrying outcomes of September 11th, 2001. It's what makes the 'if you have nothing to hide, you'll surrender all your most visceral secrets and private thoughts to my ministration and oversight' possible, nay near palatable to a worrisome percentage of Americans.

The country who brought the world "Don't tread on me" has appended it to read "Don't tread on me too much, OK? I'll leave it up to your discretion how much treading I should tolerate. I mean, I'm sure you do have my best interests at heart."

This way lies tyranny.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing" (Albert Einstein)

"At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols." (Aldous Huxley)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Who are these 'noteworthy' Masons? People who post anonymously on this website?

I'm going off the credible user word. Now if you bother not to read and see why I labeled him noteworthy, then it's pointless for you to continue responding to me.

Who are these high-level Masons? Where do they meet? What do they do? What positions do they hold?

As I said before I'm going off the user confirmatory statements. No evidence has been given to me that mason do not make up the rich and wealthy, such lack of evidence give this user more credibility then people who claim mason do not make up the rich and wealthy.

So now we are to take people who post anonymously at face value for their claims as to being 'high ranking' Masons? Fine, I am an even higher-ranking Mason then they are and what they said is a total prevarication. See how that works?

I'm sure you are.

Unlike you he proven himself credible.

But these ultra powerful people suddenly had the compulsion to come to a conspiracy site and inform you of what they were perpetrating?

Right, because if I was really doing what they alleged I would want to tell as many people as possible....

It's a paradox.

Every so often, as per the directives of the Law of our Creator, a brief window of opportunity opens, whereby a select handful of our Family are required to make communication with our subjects, and offer you the chance to ask us any questions you would like answered.

I am double-bound in this duty. It is required of me by The Law of our Creator to offer this opportunity to you at this time, though I am also bound by the Law of (planetary) Free Will and by Family Oaths, that there is only so much I am able to say.

No, in actuallity this user had only one post.

Well obviously if you at least scan the first page of the thread, then this statement is contradicted.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I am just a guy on the sidelines here and haven't even seen my dog so I have no dog in this fight, but the user who started the thread was Hidden-Hand and the other user who posted was Hidden_hand. Two different accounts. (note the - and the _) So while it is mostly semantics, it is correct. I will now scurry off the the sidelines to drink beer and eat chips.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join