It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wouldn't recommend masonry to any one.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
I'm going to tell you this right now. There are Freemasons out there right now who are struggling as hard as you or anyone else just to survive in this economy. There are freemasons who are losing their homes to the mortgage crisis and barely have a penny in the bank. This world is working against us all my man. Yes there are elitists out there and yes they look out for themselves. Yes, there is a general conspiracy to make the rich richer and the poor poorer, but, that design has always existed and probably never will change as long as there is such a thing known as currency. Currency is what creates the illusion of a "chain of command" from the poor to the elite. And, the elite will always work to ensure that they have the most "currency" to maintain their way of life and the status that it commands. Yes, Some of those elitists are actually even Masons who have branched off and done their own things, however, I think you would be surprised to know how many of the controlling elitists out there aren't masons. Believe me when I say a CEO wields more power than the President of the United States, and many of those CEO's have never had an affiliation with any lodge.

Anyway...if the conspiracy thing feeds you the fix that you need, I understand. I was there once. But, in the end, it is a very negative way to view your personal existence. If it all ends up to be true (and it won't, nothing is that simple) then consider yourself educated and warned on the topic. But if it doesn't, you've spent a huge portion of your life dedicated to something that could have been better spent enjoying the moments that you have HERE AND NOW, as opposed to worrying about an uncertain future filled with thoughts of a coming catastrophe due to elitists. Quite frankly, if it happens, it happens. Being prepared will only put you a half step a. of those who are completely oblivious.

Yayzus EvolvedMinistry, you are a buzzkill from the perspective of the anit-Mason. Donchaknow that each and every Mason is filthy rich if not just filthy and ergo beneath contempt?

Get yer act together!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by daddio

that story sounds eerily familiar. Almost like it was told before under a different name. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion. In fact you may be a lot like your opinion. And you know what they say about them.

Wonder if he likes hogs.

Nah! Too much of a coincidence.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WEareMACHINES

I put the thread up for advice from board members and the other brothers who frequent ATS. I was never out to beat people up. The only thing crossing my mind before anything happened was getting out with my friend and I alive and in one piece. As i said before It wasn't a fight or flight situation it was a fight or get the crap kicked out of me situation. I just happened to get the better of multiple foes.

reply to post by NEWclearMind

It's not for any insecurites about the behavior of my fience. It's about honor. Something i take seriously. When a man insults your lady that is an infringement of her honor, and there is absolutely no justification for it.

Originally posted by artvandalay
I don't believe a word of the whole account, sounds like a story a 15 years old would tell, complete with the OP casually mentioning beating up a full table of thugs to help an old man...(kind of in an 80's Vandamme movie).

Believe it or not its all true. I'm much less graceful than Vandamme however. I think thats because he's French.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
I'm much less graceful than Vandamme however. I think thats because he's French.

He be Belgian. The French mock the Belgians the way the Yanks have taken to mocking the French.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Seems like a French dude. Either way he's more than capable of beating my rear end to next tuesday.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sad story, dude.

That's not my experience of Freemasonry, but then we didn't attend the same lodge.... As someone said early on, Masons are just people, and it sounds like you became associated with a bunch of gossipy, insincere knobs. A real shame. On them, not you.

I'm now an ex-Mason, but not because I became disgruntled with the fraternity. Rather, I became an (unwilling) atheist, so my beliefs are unfortunately incongruent with Masonry.

Sorry to hear your tale, mate.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Thank you Jordan. I was trying to keep my passions in check... I made him aware that he messed up. Maybe the next time he thinks he's out of ear shot and can open his mouth about a mans lady he'll just keep his trap shut. Either way, you're right. I am taking myself out of the gig. What any of those men do is really none of my concern.
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Would you then say, that you are disappointed in finding out this particular Brotherhood , clique , frat , club, whatever is more or less a sewing circle.

Surely this is not the case throughout the Brotherhood. As it seems like
this social phenomena would be more common place in your smaller communities more than the big cities as such.

Do you happen to live in a small town?

My point is a Master Mason should be accepted into another lodge somewhere very easily.

I could be way off. Not being a mason.

What do people believe that being a mason means auto-wealth or something.
Cause that is not the case I know for a fact.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can say with certainty that I was not expecting it to be this way. But I can also say with certainty that it is a problem within my lodge. I have been to several other lodges for masonic funtions but not long enough to make any serious comparisons. But I'm confident that the majority of masons (and especially the brothers I've been in touch with on this message board) are not this way. The true title of this thread should be 'I am pissed at my lodge and seeking advice from others.'

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The true title of this thread should be 'I am pissed at my lodge and seeking advice from others.'
I believe you mentioned that you live in a "big city". As such, I would try visiting other lodges and investigating plural membership or whatever your state calls it. The location or meeting night might not be as convenient, but even if you don't make every meeting, it would be good for you to have another lodge from which you can get the camaraderie that you seek and deserve.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Masonry is not a religion. It caters to all religions,

How exactly does Freemasonry "cater to all religions"? Or to any religion?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by WEareMACHINES

I put the thread up for advice from board members and the other brothers who frequent ATS. I was never out to beat people up. The only thing crossing my mind before anything happened was getting out with my friend and I alive and in one piece. As i said before It wasn't a fight or flight situation it was a fight or get the crap kicked out of me situation. I just happened to get the better of multiple foes.

uh, what about when the guy said your wife was whoreish? that was a fight or get bet up situation? No...? I didn't think so either.

people talk shish, always will. I've stopped letting others words affect me long ago.

If you joined the Masons, too help out people and be the best person you can be, or wtf ever your motive was...

maybe it starts from within and controlling your emotions in situations like this...?

equanimity... a great ability...

i don't understand this thread and would love if someone would do a counter thread of legitimate reasons why ' I wouldn't recomend masonry to any one.'

[edit on 2-12-2009 by WEareMACHINES]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I am with you. I left the lodge after four years, 32nd degree. Same sort of things that you noted were my reasons to leave. I really thought some sort of knowledge would be imparted to me, too. Like you said grips, signs, and words.... I could make those up myself.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by butcherguy]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ha Ha, Fitsgibbon!

Oh the poor Mason bunch here! Always trying to put a spin on the bad! Even trying to pin the problems RacerX and I encountered on this guy.
Dude, my advice to you is fade out. Do not go to Grand Lodge, Do not discuss this with any other lodge, slowly back away.
Waiting for these buzzards to die will only turn you in to one in the end. Ha, and posting here will get you expelled!
Thats right! I was expelled for posting and exposing the "Problem Lodge" right here on ATS!
I was ordered by Grand Piss Ant Smith and Grand Secretary Fatso to remove my post here on ATS!
Yessiree! booted out of Walla Walla #7 and Blue Mountain #13 in Washington State.
I am very proud of that! I would not buckle, I would not lie and cover up, I would not be a POS!
Ya, they tried their dirty tricks, they tried their slander, but, they built the reputation of the cockroaches they are, long before we walked on their soiled floor.
Now they run and hide in fear in this small town, Ya! like cockroaches!
How about that!
What a deal! My Grandfather, my Father, then me in Lodge 7.
This is not what my Grandfather and my Fathers lodge was, it is a mutation of what once was and it will never be again. There is no fixing it.
The then Master of this Lodge, when pressed said "The Obligations are meaningless Words".
HA, HA, I was kicked out because, " I violated my obligations" by not buckling to criminal demands of the "Grand Piss Ant", and of course, not removing my post from ATS.
Dude, whatever light they once had, burnt out long ago!
The Mason spinners here will do and say anything, to attempt to stop any truth about the problems, that they are powerless and too weak to address.
They even tried to say I am not a Mason.
Check it out! Don Dyar Washington State, Expelled for not being a pervert!
Come on gangsters, want to fight? how about "I" posting all letters and recordings we made?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
You experience your world not as it is but as you are. Once you improve your own state of mind you will either see things differently or leave that particular lodge to find something better.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Come on! they called his woman a Whore!
Now, the Mason spinners are in a huddle, that terrible Don and RacerX are back!
Come on gangers, you want to see the letter from the Grand Piss Ant, demanding I remove all post from ATS, dont ya!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HDFACTORYCERTIF

Even trying to pin the problems RacerX and I encountered on this guy.

Erm, I don't believe you were ever mentioned once in this thread. Since your sad debacle, I don't think you were ever mentioned anywhere. And seeing as we all know you are not a real Mason, I have to wonder why you're trying, again, to be thought of as such..

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HDFACTORYCERTIF
Thats right! I was expelled for posting and exposing the "Problem Lodge" right here on ATS!

'Cept for the fact that you'd posted your story elsewhere with all sorts of different non-Masonic players. Perhaps I should dig that post up to jog your clearly-failing memory??

Well, this is the post I was referring to. However, it would seem that the mods of Club Chopper felt that the thread was equal to the "Problem Lodge" thread in terms of veracity. In fact, I encourage anyone who harbours doubts about the general veracity of any HDFACTORYCERTIF posting to peruse that thread top to tail for a lesson in just how much stock-in-trade they should put in the assertions of HDFACTORYCERTIF.

That is to say, none at all. In fact, there's no indication that you are who or what you claim to be. I can say with certainty that you aren't a Mason and I'd venture that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that you aren't a Harley-trained mechanic either.

In either case, I'd suggest that readers take the postings of HDFACTORYCERTIF with a major grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HDFACTORYCERTIF
Come on gangers, you want to see the letter from the Grand Piss Ant, demanding I remove all post from ATS, dont ya!

Not really. Anything presented by you as fact is quite likely to turn out to be the opposite of what you assert it to be. In fact, I suspect that you aren't even who or what you claim to be. In either case, your track record has clearly demonstrated that you aren't a Mason and ergo your pronouncements on things Masonic are suspect at best.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Erm, I don't believe you were ever mentioned once in this thread. Since your sad debacle, I don't think you were ever mentioned anywhere. And seeing as we all know you are not a real Mason, I have to wonder why you're trying, again, to be thought of as such..

Economy's slow (even for hog fixers, RP). Dear Don (assuming he is who he claims to be) has time on his hands. Nothing like dredging up a year-and-a-half-old non-thread to make you feel relevant.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
W3RLIED2

Sorry to hear about your experience brother. In my own opinion there's always 3 sides to a story. Your Side. their Side. And the truth.

I do not doubt your sincerity in how you felt and some of the things that you experienced. First not all lodges are equal nor Masons. Getting a degree is easy as pie. Living up to a degree is a life of work...not all masons take it seriously and it usually shows in their work. A Lodge's ritual work is a decent indicator, as if they do not care about the ritual, how much do they care about their obligations, or furthering their studies as they are repeatedly counciled to do beyond the ritual work. How many go through the second degree hear the lecture, and do not ever really crack anything more then a code book after? It's sad.

I think if you are serious about this you might find a better lodge or maybe one of the appendent bodies more suited to you. I promise you there are other lodges full of brothers who feel as sincere about this as you.

I have to be honest and give you the second part here to, I say this not to attack you but truly as a brother. Remember your oath brother, if your word means anything to you. There's alot that should NOT be discussed here even if anyone can research and find it online. You did not promise to only keep secret what is generally unknowm, you promised to keep secret things that even if known should never be discussed in a forum like this even if it has already been done so many times....it's not about whether or not anything gets "out" hell it's all in print if one wants to find it.......it's about YOUR word, and YOUR integrity the only harm you can do is to yourself. If every person on the planet knows a fact but you gave your word never to discuss it, it's your word all the same.

I also have to admit given your writing style, I get a sense it's not untrue to say that you may be a bit brash and rough around the edges.....acknowledge that and don't take it so personally when a brother brings that up....humility is a sign of a true mason, esp when criticism is given by someone who does in fact care about you. You'll find it in your own best interest to control your passions......it's a cornerstone to being a grown up more important then what an ID card says. if this is something you can not control there's no need for you to persue your masonic journey further, and you will have proven the "gossips" correct.

Last part, on the brother who spoke of your wife that way, you could have and perhaps should still take him up on charges within the lodge...to the grand lodge of your state if need be, such behavior should not be tolerated and people have been asked to leave for alot less. He SERIOUSLY crossed his oath by saying such a thing, truely masonic charges would hurt a true mason worse then any punch in the face, and if you DID choose to fight you'd be out not him. He was in the wrong....choose the path the lodge provides for you. What he did in most lodges could get him expelled.

Again i'm sorry to hear about your experiences.....I have seen a few things in lodges I was ashamed of....people are people after all......but I have NEVER in my experiences seen any of the behavior you mentioned in ANY lodge in my area.....I'll count myself lucky I guess. I promise you your case is very very unusual. Truly it is a sad day for masonry in that lodge.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by ForkandSpoon]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join