It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cell Phone Takeover

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have one for emergency but i find its becoming a PITA.

I have had it for 6 months and at least twice a week it rings and i find its just another wrong number. Don't people check the number before they hit send.

The other is the annoying text for the phone company trying to sell me something at least 3 times a week.

And the last thing is the people that just let it ring 5 times and quit.
by the time i get it out and check the number before answering its quit ringing.

Needless i never call them back unless i know who's number it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

You would have to be home to recieve calls on a land line, or to have your landline call interupted. If you're at work, and let's say you're a contractor, plumber, photographer, etc, on a job site then you would have no landline available for someone to call you in an emergency, hence your need for a cell phone.

It is fine for you to say what are & are not acceptable reasons for you personally to have (or not have) a cell phone. However it is quite arrogant for you to tell others what reasons are acceptable reasons for them to have a cell phone, how they should stay in touch with their child, or in which manner they should share pictures.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Dear god how then did the world ever survive without them? I mean, there wasn't any business open, no one could order anything, no jobs because damn they couldn't call you if you weren't home....

Life went on just fine without them. I see though were than can ASSIST when it comes to business, I am not talking about that, I am talking about the social discord caused by them and their total uneccesary abundance.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I was eating out the other day and this kid was filming us with his camera, he was actually filming the entire restraunt, but that included us! I felt violated.

Not to mention every kid has his phone out recording when there is a fight in their school these days. What a better way to make 2 kids put in 100% into beating the hell out of each other when they know there's going to be 15 versions of their fight on YouTube later that day?

Not to mention those people who go out specifically to beat someone up just so they can record it also.

Seems cell phones are great for encouraging violence...

Originally posted by skjalddis
When I've got half a dozen folks sitting around me on the bus blathering mindlessly into their mobiles whilst bathing not just themselves, but me also, in sea of radiation, it's not just people's behaviour - the things themselves are affecting my health.

And a star for that!

Funny how passive smoking is so dangerous yet passive phoning is not.

[edit on 22/2/10 by NuclearPaul]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join