It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other Jesus...Apollonius of Tyana the Nazarene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What came first the chicken or the egg? Jesus or Apollonius of Tyana the Nazarene...both were called saviours but only one got most of the attention. The cover-ups and lies of the ancients released!

bulfinch.englishatheist.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Moderators, again, why is this not in rant?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemlocks

never heard of him, this is some interesting stuff though, I will read more when I have time.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The Bible was altered to make it seem that magic is evil and we should not practice these arts. I say magic is natural and the Church, those that altered the bible, fear loosing power when the masses realize they also have godlike abilities.

So, read this link. Can you see that magic, like which Jesus had, can be had by most people. Unless, Jesus was some sort of human-alien hybrid with 'special' powers.

Author's Foreword
For over sixteen centuries, the Christian Church has been preaching its religion to the world. Yet when we consider the horrible events that have occurred among professedly Christian peoples during the recent world holocaust, resulting in the death of a significant portion of the world's population, we must conclude that there is something radically wrong with a religion, which, after having been preached and practiced for so many centuries, has led its followers to such a terrible state of affairs, involving the conversion of this planet into one vast slaughter-house, drenched in human blood, resulting from the mass murder of Christians of one nation by fellow-Christians of another, each being urged on and blessed by their own priests.

bulfinch.englishatheist.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

There is no evidence of magic, or the miracles of the bible - they are both as fictitious as each other.

As for this other saviour, well, there were literally hundreds of people walking around either calling themselves, or being called by others, the messiah. Monty Python's Life of Brian was actually rather accurate in that sense, that it showed people clamouring to believe people were the messiah.

Jesus just got lucky. His believers were louder than the believers of the other messiahs, and so we are now stuck with him.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I think this fits well with the view that the Jesus entity,
was really a composite of several individuals,
including personages in the Sumerian myths,
and individuals that were contemporary with the Jesus of 4BC-32AD

top topics

join