It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Should we keep the secret quiet?

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew

All I know for sure is that they go big time on strawberry ice cream


Yeah, and I heard the Grey's have a thing for Jenna Jamisson and Krystal Steal porn flicks :p




posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think that aliens do exist. How could it ever protect us.

I have come up with this equation which will be my signature soon.

Zuzubar vs. Usa

Government being evil
................................... Divided by =Not Possible
Government protecting us

Government being evil is given a value of 1
Government protecting us is given a value of 0

Therefore Government protecting us multiplied by the chances of the government being evil is not possible.

The only way to work my equation is to TAKE the government protecting us value out

Now it looks like this

Government being evil =1

The check is made. Government being evil has a value of 1. There fore this equation is true.

I have more creative equations. The main point I am trying to make is there is NO WAY the government is protect us.

BTW You can not divide 1 by 0. -Zuzubar-



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
it should be reaveled to the public they and we diserve to no



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
why nobody doubts that the B-2 spirit is made by Northrop ?
it looks damned sur as an alien "hooky boomerang" thingie !
but..
take any glued to eachother saucercups and...presto !
alien spaceship from wayback in the galaxy coming to tell the earthlings
how to "bake a spacecake" !





posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The US military can indeed keep some secrets, the stealth bomber was hidden for what, 10 years?

But then again let's not confuse the military, and the government.

The US military brass does not get shuffled out of office every 4/8 years, so yes they can contain some information easier than government officials.

Note, also that the military doesn't build jets, it contracts it out to firms like Lockheed.

So again, to reverse engineer an alien craft would require, again Imo, alot of contractual recruiting...

Of course if you believe Corso's book that is exactly what has occured in the 20th century in the US, the technology was simply leaked into the private sector; microchips, optical wiring, etc.

So, should the military keep the secret?

The answer is, it depends exactly what that secret is.

If it is an entirely "military test plan"'ish secret, then perhaps.

If it is one where Aliens told Eisenhower that they fakked with our ancestors DNA, sent Jesus to us 2000 years, and the end of the world is in 2012, then perhaps.



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I always find it a bit funny when I hear people talk about how we (meaning themselves) deserve Disclosure...and then...they quickly follow up with some silliness about wanting to be a part of the Galactic Federation.

They insist the government (meaning THE EVIL UNITED STATES) is wrong for not telling the world. And how the world is ready to hear their information but what if...just what if...these entities (if any at all) are malicious? Sure sure the new agers would like us to believe they're kind ancient souls but let's not be naive...our ideas of good and evil may not be the same as "theirs". We have to accept the fact that these beings may not be "good"...what does that mean? Riots, rape, theft, destruction, murder...what happened to L.A. when several white policemen beat Rodney King? What happened during the 68 Democratic Convetion?

I'm shocked some of you are so naive as to believe the world is ready for some type of Disclosure. Some of you can't even seperate Stargate-SG1 and Star Trek from reality let alone find out aliens exist. What if the truth of the Disclosure is...THERE IS NO ALIENS. Some of you are so horribly entrenched in your silly legends and hoaxes and sci-fi that you wouldn't be able to handle "the truth" you've "seeking".

I am a believer in Extraterrestrial life, I am a believer in the UFO phenomenon...I am not a believer in the UFO Community or the world being ready for some type of disclosure.

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by Preest]



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
the origine of life on this planet was just a dirty snowball collected by a spacedustsucking COMET before it smashed down !
the cosmic soup was heated by a nukesource: the SUN

so as a matter of fact all life on this planet is ALIEN !

have a nice UFO day !




posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
the origine of life on this planet was just a dirty snowball collected by a spacedustsucking COMET before it smashed down !
the cosmic soup was heated by a nukesource: the SUN

so as a matter of fact all life on this planet is ALIEN !

have a nice UFO day !

Interesting attempt at comedy but the punchline fell on it's face. Maybe something was lost in the translation.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Preest see my prior post on why I think it extremely unlikely an alien race very technologically advanced could be evil. Even our own history shows evil regimes never last longer than a few decades let alone thousands of years necessary to advance to a level required for space and time travel.

You are right statistically it is very likely intelligent life exists other than on earth but also statistically very unlikely they have ever visited our planet. I just wanted to make the point even if by a very slim chance we have been visited and it was made public it wouldn't but such a huge deal alot of people think. For your average Joe it wouldn't really change much at all.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
well with all the movies about ailens killing people and eating them and other stuff like that..even young people would hear about it and if ailens came would kill them!



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
angelhair = tail of comet
fallen angel from heaven = comet slamming into planet earth
hell = explosions of gas due to impact
devil = moon in quarter and red color by airpollution due to impact comet

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Krisboton when was the last time you or anyone you know went and killed something because of what you saw on tv or at the movies or heard on the radio? Im sure there would be a few racially motivated killings on both sides just like we have now.

But in the end if aliens visit us is my bank going to forget about my mortgage, will my credit card bills miraculously disappear, will American Idol go away?

I didn't think so.......



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I honestly believe that they are gearing up for such a news alert to the general population of the planet in the near future. As stated earlier, all of these movies being released serve not only to entertain us but they also condition us!

We watch movies like Independence Day, etc., etc., and subconsciously our minds are at work carving little niches in our psyche for the inevitable revelation that yes, this might actually happen and when it does....Oh look, ET is here and he is pissed.

To reveal to the world's people that a 'hostile extraterrestrial life form' has been detected and is planning a little stopover on our planet will serve the NWO perfectly. Mass panic, chaos, histeria and all hell breaking loose. Lucky for us only our One World Government has the means to protect and look out for us poor souls. Whew! Declare a national emergency, suspend all government operations, start the FEMA engines and let's roll!

The David Icke reptillian thing fits in nicely with all of this.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
Preest see my prior post on why I think it extremely unlikely an alien race very technologically advanced could be evil. Even our own history shows evil regimes never last longer than a few decades let alone thousands of years necessary to advance to a level required for space and time travel.

You are right statistically it is very likely intelligent life exists other than on earth but also statistically very unlikely they have ever visited our planet. I just wanted to make the point even if by a very slim chance we have been visited and it was made public it wouldn't but such a huge deal alot of people think. For your average Joe it wouldn't really change much at all.
Assuming of course there is other intelligent life the chances of them having developed as we have would be extremely slim. Our concepts of "good" and "evil" couldn't possibly be shared by beings not influenced by our "civilization". Proof of that can be easily found within tribes on our own planet that had no idea that it was "wrong" to eat their enemies. Good and evil are concepts we live by...assuming intelligent beings from another planet might share our sense of morals is egotistical.

I'm really more apt to believe that UFO sightings are simply unconventional craft being tested. Of course, not all sightings can be written off as aircraft, quite a bit of it can.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Preest certain environments foster innovation and growth required for higher evolution and technological advancement. A race preoccupied with eating each other is not going to get very far, let alone off the planet. While they may not share our morales you cannot progress with anarchy. Our values may not be universal but the path of least resistance is.

To build a spacecraft capable of intergalactic travel requires a vast amount of knowledge and resources. You don't acquire these things by chance. You need a sustainable economy for a start and an orderly system in allocating and exchanging these resources. If your race manages this then obviously they are of at least average intelligence and will know co-operation is much more beneficial than anihillation. It is simple economics and game theory that even I understand and im sure I would be considered primitive by such an advanced race.

If we have a certain resource that they need it would be much less costly for them to trade for these resources than take over the entire planet. An intelligent alien race would have nothing to gain by destroying the human race or occupying the planet and not abiding by our morales while here.

Just as we here in the US don't go invading other countries for resources that we need even though we have the military capability. This would cause anarchy worldwide and ruin our relationships with every other country. It would be illogical. If we need a resource we don't have we simply trade for it.

The idea that there exists an alien race that has worked hard for thousands or even millions of years to achieve intergalactic travel and are now willing to give everything up and destroy all the relationships they have ever built with other intelligent races just to take over one planet out of trillions is ridiculous to me. Makes for a good hollywood story but real life isnt as exciting im afraid.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
Preest certain environments foster innovation and growth required for higher evolution and technological advancement. A race preoccupied with eating each other is not going to get very far, let alone off the planet. While they may not share our morales you cannot progress with anarchy. Our values may not be universal but the path of least resistance is.

To build a spacecraft capable of intergalactic travel requires a vast amount of knowledge and resources. You don't acquire these things by chance. You need a sustainable economy for a start and an orderly system in allocating and exchanging these resources. If your race manages this then obviously they are of at least average intelligence and will know co-operation is much more beneficial than anihillation. It is simple economics and game theory that even I understand and im sure I would be considered primitive by such an advanced race.

If we have a certain resource that they need it would be much less costly for them to trade for these resources than take over the entire planet. An intelligent alien race would have nothing to gain by destroying the human race or occupying the planet and not abiding by our morales while here.

Just as we here in the US don't go invading other countries for resources that we need even though we have the military capability. This would cause anarchy worldwide and ruin our relationships with every other country. It would be illogical. If we need a resource we don't have we simply trade for it.

The idea that there exists an alien race that has worked hard for thousands or even millions of years to achieve intergalactic travel and are now willing to give everything up and destroy all the relationships they have ever built with other intelligent races just to take over one planet out of trillions is ridiculous to me. Makes for a good hollywood story but real life isnt as exciting im afraid.


I'm not really certain where your assumption came from that I indicated an intelligent lifeform was looking to take over this planet but...I didn't. Nor am I completely convinced of any alien visitation.

My point is that you're basing what you know of civilization and eceonomics as well as anarchy on what you, AS A HUMAN RAISED IN A CIVILIZED SOCIETY, have been taught. Once again...beings that quite probably do not share our origins, biology, society and moral codes may not be able to comprehend your idea of good and evil. It's been proven already, as I said before, by the discovery of tribes and cultures that go against what "we" feel is CIVILIZED. Good, evil...these are human ideals and sometimes quite confusing ones at that.

Can we expect intelligent beings to believe what we believe and follow ideals we follow simply because we feel they must because our ideals or beliefs are the "right" civilized ones? Once again, egotistical.

Cannibal tribes have survived for centuries unhindered until "civilized man" intruded and put a stop to their traditions. Were these cannibal tribes wrong? Were they evil? Were "civilized men" good for stopping these practices?

"The path to least resistance" is a human concept. A truly intelligent, advanced race capable of space travel quite probably moved beyond "good" and "evil" in favor of "amorality". Good and evil sometimes hinder progress. I highly doubt aliens are on their way here to conquer Earth but I don't believe they WOULDN'T do it simply because they're intelligent and technologically advanced. It certainly didn't work that way for America's native indian population did it?



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think that a underground re-education program would do the job. Contact individuals that are mentally and emotionally sound enough to handle the truth, call them in and give them a breifing. Formulate a seminar that can be given to the public on a grass roots level. The citizens who attend the seminar would have to sign a modified Non Disclosure form.

The "Briefers" would be the ones who give the seminar. They could have 5 or 6 teams that would traval around the country holding the seminars.

Its what I have been thinking all along.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Personally, I think it scares the daylights out of the Gov.

They have no defence and they know it. I think maybe we have been contacted by ETs. The government hides it because it freaks them out,because they have no answers, they have no defense, and they have no understanding of it.

I dont think the US Gov does it to hide military secrets when it comes to UFOs,(although they may be trying to find defenses against such things) they do it because to say Hey, we just had aliens fly over our missle silos and totally shut them down, implies no control over a situation.

just my 2 cents, never seen an alien myself, but I don't doubt they exist.
I see it as a possibility, and I think if it is happening that is why they would be hiding it.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Darkblade71]



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What kind of idiot wouldn't be able to accept ET life here on Earth if they saw it first hand?

If they are here the reason why it isnt known/talked about, i.e. why we dont have ETs walking around on the streets w/o disguises has to be a money issue. Some how the rich and powerful stand to make more money if this info is kept a secret that otherwise.

I'd like to see the panic, anxiety and all the other crap the fool who cant handle info about ETs would show, it would give me another thing to laugh at.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by jrod]



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
I always find it a bit funny when I hear people talk about how we (meaning themselves) deserve Disclosure...and then...they quickly follow up with some silliness about wanting to be a part of the Galactic Federation.

They insist the government (meaning THE EVIL UNITED STATES) is wrong for not telling the world. And how the world is ready to hear their information but what if...just what if...these entities (if any at all) are malicious? Sure sure the new agers would like us to believe they're kind ancient souls but let's not be naive...our ideas of good and evil may not be the same as "theirs". We have to accept the fact that these beings may not be "good"...what does that mean? Riots, rape, theft, destruction, murder...what happened to L.A. when several white policemen beat Rodney King? What happened during the 68 Democratic Convetion?

I'm shocked some of you are so naive as to believe the world is ready for some type of Disclosure. Some of you can't even seperate Stargate-SG1 and Star Trek from reality let alone find out aliens exist. What if the truth of the Disclosure is...THERE IS NO ALIENS. Some of you are so horribly entrenched in your silly legends and hoaxes and sci-fi that you wouldn't be able to handle "the truth" you've "seeking".

I am a believer in Extraterrestrial life, I am a believer in the UFO phenomenon...I am not a believer in the UFO Community or the world being ready for some type of disclosure.

[Edited on 5-21-2004 by Preest]


Well put. I agree on most of your points. I must add that there is also the possibility that the Govt really does not know much more than we do.

I believe that at the very least, we are being observed.....but some of the far out stuff seems more based in Sci-Fi than in reality. More of a defense against a boring life to me....


Hopefully we will know the truth one day.




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join