It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about Miley Cyrus's pole dancing at the teen choice awards?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Miley Cyrus danced around a pole in a skimpy pair of shorts flanked by scantly-clad dancers during her performance of 'Party in the USA' at the Teen Choice Awards. Is this too much for a 16-year-old at a kid's show? YES.

Disney should cut her contract in half pole dancing is unnaceptable on a kids show. Who does she think she is?

link
www.starpulse.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I believe that this is part of a systematic plan to make teenage girls believe that it is acceptible to be a stripper. E.g.- MTV, Movies, CK Billboards, etc..
On the other hand, compared to the rest of the globe the puritanical USA is very modest, even by most european standards.
Thank you FCC.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It was horrific! Only a Atheist would do such a thing, so her claims of being a devout Christian are bunk!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
when we all stop being haters and learn that our babies are going to have sex,(eventually), mebbe we can be as the Chinese are and just start killing our excess population vis-a-vis abortion?
I hope you are smelling the sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

Disney should cut her contract

Maybe you should cut the umbilical cord still attaching Disney's watered down innocence to yourself...try sitting at the grown up table from now on - a whole new perspective.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I watched the video. There simply was no pole dancing. It was the singer, hanging on to a pole, but not really dancing . So there is no story here as far as I'm concerned. It was probably just there so she could keep balance... she was on a moving object.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky

Disney should cut her contract

Maybe you should cut the umbilical cord still attaching Disney's watered down innocence to yourself...try sitting at the grown up table from now on - a whole new perspective.

you teach your kids to pole dance too? is there a new trend that im not aware of?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

I watched the video. There simply was no pole dancing. It was the singer, hanging on to a pole, but not really dancing . So there is no story here as far as I'm concerned. It was probably just there so she could keep balance... she was on a moving object.

listen to yourself trying to defend her its really funny. you think they put that pole there so she could balance herself? LOL keep dreaming.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure that this is really an ATS topic. Unless you think its a conspiracy to turn all our young girls in to mindless sluts. Oh wait the majority of them already are. I guess if it was a plan by TPTB they have already had great success. I had really hoped, a few years back that is, that she would turn out to be a decent role model for young girls. I don't hope think any one the entertainment industry gets their mits on will ever be a decent role model anymore.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Have you seen the outfits she wears on stage? It's been obvious for a while that the whole popstar thing creates shallow talentless corporate whore musicians who sell sex and shallow values to our kids. Just look how many of these pop"stars" have their own clothing lines for preteens helping to instill those "it's good to be plastic" attitudes that force women to do things they wouldn't have to do if it weren't for social pressures and the fact television glorifies them. I've seen the beauty routines of some of these women, it's frightening, all those toxic chemicals all over your skin and all it does is create the illusion that your face is in line with the hollow perception of beauty society is currently running with.

She's nothing more than an object of worship designed to preach to our kids the glories of our shallow society that only cares about what is on the outside.

I once asked a female friend of mine why she wore those painful pain the arse heels with the straps and she told me it was because men wanted women to wear that even though the shoes left her feet with bruises. I said I think any real man just wants women to wear whatever's comfortable, if someone is counting you out of the running over the fact who don't want to murder your feet they aren't worth the trouble. Is foot binding gonna make a comeback next?

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I watched the video on the link and couldn't have possibly been more bored.

No grinding against the pole or spinning around it, not even any provocative posing.

Seems like it was just a prop to wheel her around the audience & the pole was there for balance. She may or may not have known it would create a conrtoversy.

My guess is this is a media stunt designed to create some internet buzz.

Seems to be working.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
after a brief run through of the video, I didn't see any pole dancing to speak of, looked a lot more like the pole was there for her to hang onto while the cart was moving and such. as for the rest, I'm not really going to comment, its been one of those long standing gripes. tho im sure that most of the similiarly ages girl sin teh audience were dressed any better.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Well, I'm not sure that this is really an ATS topic. Unless you think its a conspiracy to turn all our young girls in to mindless sluts.

You know, I'm not a woman (any more)
but this kind of broad brush generalization really bothers me ...

First of all, some of the most intelligent and least promiscuous women I have ever met were dancers in clubs. What a person does is not who they are! And EVEN if they were "sluts" by YOUR definition, why exactly should they be in line with your or society's moral standards requirements. If everybody was themselves as opposed as to whom arbitrary others demand this world would be a much better place imho.

In fact, and sorry if this offends you, this very statement is more mindless that most have ever uttered.

Apologies for harshness, it is simply how I feel.

[edit on 28 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It had a pole and she DID dance holding on to it. Listen to the reaction to the crowd. Don't worry it's not as bad as one would think if you did not watch the video.
Each new generation always goes out of the way to piss off/gross-out/enrage the previous generation. There used to be radio programs when the medium was new that people thought it would have bad effects on the "children". Then came TV and such.
I don't even know how old she is but I bet she is more mature than most just from the showbiz. Does it make it right? I don't know. If it worries you then don't let your kids idolize her. Go a step further and turn your TV off and cancel your cable/sat programming.

Just a reminder what real pole dancing is like but usually with the slow removal of clothes. Don't worry, it's SFW.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

look at miley and then look at her minions. they wear what she wears they do what she does. this is a rather disturbing trend that needs to end before its too late.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
man ... you are really crazy ... you should stop everything u are doing right now and try to get another directions of things

really, thats one of the worse threads here ever ...

if there were flags down I would flag this down

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about Miley Cyrus pole dancing at the Teen Choice Awards. I didn't watch it, nor did the teenage girls in my house. Was she any good at it?
I doubt Disney will cut her contract. She's making a fortune for Disney. Besides, the South Park guys already exposed Disney for its evilness and corruptness

Seriously, now. Do I believe a scantily clad, 16 year old, future harlot and, probable train wreck ala Britney Spears or Lindsey Lohan should be pole dancing at a teen show? Nope. For sure there are people who seem to be hell bent upon the further degradation of our young people, in particular, our young teen girls in the U.S.A., IMO.

If I was a 16 year old boy? For sure I would be dreaming about her, probably wetly, and cheering her on.

And, personally, I think her dad needs an attitude adjustment, Flatwoods, KY style. But it seems more and more to me that I am just an old fuddy duddy, anyway. Just ask the 12 and one of the 14 year old granddaughters who have the misfortune to live with me, and who I NOT let leave the house if they appear to be dressed as to advertise their cootchies and booties. Thank goodness for my aging heart that the other 14 year old girl dresses sensibly. Funny, ain't it? The one who has some self-respect for herself doesn't believe in God and Christianity and doesn't attend church 3 times a week like the other two. Eh?

I said it once before here on ATS, about a year or so ago, I went to eat lunch at the local elementary school with the then 5th grade granddaughter and a poster was on the wall of the cafeteria that showed an obviously, just beginning to bloom young pre-teen girl, dressed way to suggestively, with white around her mouth and the slogan, "Got Milk?" displayed below the photograph. Immediately after lunch I stopped in at the office and expressed my concerns about what sort of message was the school trying to instill in these ELEMENTARY kids?? Yeah, call me the moral police or whatever, but I am a concerned adult, concerned about the young kids exposed to this sort of propaganda and subliminal messaging. I am very happy to say this poster was taken down that day. And I have been back from time to time this year to eat lunch with my 7 year old grandson, and this kind of crap isn't posted on the walls of the cafeteria anymore. The, then, 6 year old love of my life boy didn't need to be exposed to this sort of denigration of females, either.

Am I a prude? Heh. Far from it, just ask my wife.
I think she wishes I actually resorted to her prudeness in our middle age.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I seem to recall, in the past B&W, the method was to put a lady up on a wheeled contraption, like a chariot.

Of course, she was usually wearing clothes.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Let me guess rap music is raising our children too?!

Yes that was a poll and yes she was dancing, but are you claiming that this in the likeness of what woman do in strip clubs on those polls. Not even close pal. I've been to many strip clubs in many cities in every corner of the world and I can assure yo that this is acceptable for a teeny bopper performance.

I'd love to see the skeletons in the closets of those who find this taboo.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The Asherah pole comes from Canaanite worship rituals.

It is mentioned in the Old Testament.

In the Voodoo religion, worship and dance also centers around a pole called the poto-mitan.

The pole is an ancient occult worship symbol.

The May Pole Dance on May Day has layered occult significance.

Pole dancing is certainly nothing new.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join