It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POST YOUR LOCAL CRYPTIDS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Okay you guys, I am on a cryptozoology kick this week and want to learn more about local cryptids and beliefs that never seem to make it to the mainstream.

Alright, i'll start with some North Dakotan ones.

A Native American entity is the Moccobawea (moc-o-ba-wee-ah) the c is pronounced like in the German word sacchen. She is an ugly, old, bent over hag that prowls the nightin search of people to bring upon woe. She often finds children, lures them into the forest by offering gifts, etc., to them, and the kids are found next morning drowned. She also deforms people's faces if they eat in the dark. Deformations may include, but are not limited too, smilinon your forehead, having one eye on the side of your head and another on your chin, etc. i have had friends hear her try to lure them into the forest, and seen people with the deformations (not lying).

Another cryptid would be Hoofman. He is a man with hooves, just as it sounds.
he can be evil, attacking without warning, ambivalent, asking people for rides, and just happy. he is capable of running at superhuman speeds, and just about anything he wants. again, i have friends who have seen him, been attacked by him, given him rides, etc.

Oh and please give sightings, too. Many thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
here's one for ya,

The Billiwhack Monster

This is one of those stories that so far I can only attribute to local urban legend dating back from World War II. As the story goes a tall muscular apelike humanoid with long claws and ram-like horns on the top of its head lurks around the area of Santa Paula in Ventura County. It calls the area known as the Camulos Ranch its home. Specifically it has been encountered on Aliso Canyon Road and occasionally the Wheeler Canyon Road near what once was the Billiwhack Dairy and Ranch. Referred to as the Billiwhack Monster, the creature has tormented mostly high school students from the Santa Paula High School. These teenagers are the primary people who have encountered the half goat / half man humanoid creature. It has thrown large fifty pound rocks at their cars and even pounded on the hoods of their automobiles leaving dents. It has also been reported to carry around a large club. In the fifties, a nine year old boy reported being attacked and clawed by a weird animal near the Billiwhack Dairy. He had scratches across his arms and back. Another reference to the creature was in 1964 when it terrorized several hikers for several hours and thus made headlines in a local newspaper. Which newspaper I’m unsure of. Also in 1964, a Los Angeles Times article reported that deputies found a young boy carrying a sword off to slay the beast. The same article reports that a woman who leased the land once had to hold off 43 monster seeking children with a shotgun until authorities arrived.

full article; www.weirdca.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Thaaaaat's creepy.

i take it your on a crypto-kick, too genius/idoit?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There is a thread exactly like this present here.

In addition, feel free to use the Google Custom Search for "cryptids in (insert region here)" if you are looking for information in a certain area. Most states and countries are covered.

Enjoy! We have had many avid crypto-fans post their local cryptids on this website in the past who do not actively post anymore. Be sure to run a search to learn about the cool things in their areas.

[edit on 11/28/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
There is a thread exactly like this present here.

In addition, feel free to use the Google Custom Search for "cryptids in (insert region here)" if you are looking for information in a certain area.

Agreed.

Thread closed.

ALSO: Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28 Nov 09 by Gools]

new topics

top topics

join