It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000-year-old weapon found at site of new Ontario arena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was interested in the following and thought some would like to review the recent news about this find in the Windsor Area.

Living in Ontario, I have been on a couple of sites which date to this period, but they only found evidence of habitation. Nothing like this.

The Photos in the link are quite good in clarity.

10,000-year-old weapon found at site of new Ontario arena
By Gary Rennie, Windsor Star November 27, 2009

......Newmarket archaeologist Kim Slocki said she found a single “projectile point” in her pre-construction survey of the site of a new arena.

“It’s at least 10,000 years old,” Slocki said.

She said the artifact comes from Paleoindian hunters often called the “first people of Ontario.”

Other archeologists familiar with the area said her find is at least 7,000 years older than anything previously discovered there........

www.canada.com...

In another report, more details about the exact area and findings where offered.

I found this interesting.

“This is quite amazing,” said Kingsville’s Ken Turner, president of the Ontario Historical Society and a leader in the preservation of historical burial sites in Essex County.

Turner was aware of First Nations artifacts dating back 800 to 1,000 years being found in sites north of Colchester Village and in Windsor, but nothing as old as 10,000 years.

www.windsorstar.com...

What did he expect was here prior to a 1000 years ago? And he's running the Histoical Society

Hope the dig in the Spring will bring forth further items to see.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

The temp at the site is 5C this evening.
Get me a mamoth coat.
Can you imagine how cold it was then?
Just at the end of the last major Ice Age.
I wish they had a pic of the point they did find instead of the others.
One group from a date much earlier and another group I think are a little later.
The dude that was a little unaware of the Pre History was just a History guy.
You have to let him off the hook. His degree is only good back to the Vikings. lol
Kinda wierd that they are digging where the building isn't going?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Just goes to prove that 10000 years ago civilisations were around and just makes the atlantis story more credible which IMO the Atlantis civ thrived in the Artic before the last ice age and polar shift which destroyed the civ and the few that got out helped younger civs like the mayans and egyptians just to name a couple. of course this is just my opinon feel free to argue with me but my mind is pretty set when it comes to this.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
Just goes to prove that 10000 years ago civilisations were around and just makes the atlantis story more credible...

Not really -- It is already known that there were people in western North America 14,000 years ago (people who originated from Asia). I don't see why it would be impossible for some to have migrated to eastern North America.

Also, there is a hypothesis among anthropologists that ancient people from Europe came to North American about 15,000 years ago. These would just be normal ancient Europeans -- there is no need for "Atlantis" to exist for this hypothesis to be true.

[edit on 11/29/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
S&F, great find OP. I know the area that I live in has had colonies of natives in it up to 9,000 years ago which when I found that out I was pretty blown away. Again great find!

top topics

join