It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question should people with HIV be tattooed??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Dear Rocketgirl

Now let me tell you about the 28 year old woman who had only ever had one man in her life.

He gave her HIV and because of it she is blind he knew he had it.

Now tattoo or not???

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Good question. I pulled a few answers...

If a woman is HIV-positive, there are several ways to reduce the likelihood she will pass the HIV infection on to her baby. A doctor might give her drugs such as zidovudine (AZT) and nevirapine (if they are available) to a pregnant woman with HIV/AIDS to decrease her chance of passing the infection to her baby. Good nutrition and antenatal care can also reduce this risk.
Can this risk be reduced?
Modern drugs are highly effective at preventing HIV transmission during pregnancy, labor and delivery. When combined with other interventions, including formula feeding, a complete course of treatment can cut the risk of transmission to below 2%. Even where resources are limited, a single dose of medicine given to mother and baby can cut the risk in half.

If your HIV infected and want a baby then your responsible for the risks. The risks are that your kid will die from AIDS. I would not want want to do that to a child of mine.
On the flip side I have read that some babies born to HIV infected mothers have a higher immunity to the disease. Sounds like biological evolution in play.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I told you once that you can stop with the tattoo question because my answer is still the same as before.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Dear mopusvindictus

Come down here and say that.

No I am not promoting violence but really you have to comer and see for yourself.

Most doctors would not agree.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Dear Rocketgirl

I have answered each and every post if you have any particular question that you think I have not answered please list them.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

If that's true then I'm sure you wouldn't mind going back to every post to pull your answers out and re-post them all together.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Dear Rocketgirl

How about a vaccine to protect people. Better yet, a cure.

Are you on earth by any chance, no don’t answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Like I said before, a vaccine for HIV is actually in the works. Talks of the vaccine has been in and out of the news for years. It's suppose to help stop the spread of HIV. Google it!!!

You really need to stop with all of your nonsense.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Dear mopusvindictus

From mopusvindictus

“here is only one way

Serial monogamy through life

That sucks kind of... but it's the only way any stds will be eliminated

An overall change in sexual norms across the population, we don't have to go marriage only sex, we don't have to stop having sex, but we need to for a long time reigning in massive numbers of partners.

This of course you don't have to inform me wont happen in our neck of the woods in the West anytime soon...

after that the race for a cure is the only other option...

You can't just run around tatooing people

Then... they just won't go get tested anyway, aids will spread faster “

The human race was just not designed that way. We where made to have sex lots of it with as many people as possible. Sorry shout at the creator or what ever.

I would love to hear a better idea than a tattoo but I have not heard it yet.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Most doctors wouldn't agree... but many do

The bottom line is there is failure to cure what should be a simple virus and I have come to the conclusion it is Not alone in the cause of the disease

Until they have a cure... NO ONE can be entirely certain, it's hypothetical

Every option should be left on the table as possibility

Maybe I am wrong, maybe i'm not... but until there is a cure we need to keep an open mind

Which goes back to the branding, we can't actually entertain that until such a time as we can be 100% proof positive Hiv is the lone cause... it might simply be helping along, there are allot of anomalies out there in hiv positive people who never get sick and large numbers of people who experience aids like deaths who are not positive for Hiv...

Did you see the thread on MS

MS has been a problem allot longer and it seems very likely now that... it is caused by an entirely different set of circumstances than we thought all along...

It's an open possibility in a major way we are missing something still

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Well I agree with that, human sexuality and female sexuality also is allot less monogamous than people believe.

But we do have free will

And like I said...

More than one girl has told me no nookie without an aids test

combine that with serial monogamy and you can avoid it...

and yeah... not every place is America, which is why i would support free aids tests anywhere by whatever means we have to...

Like I said... i'm not unrealistic, but maybe at least here... sex without a test should not be the norm...

it really only means waiting a few days, i mean come on, it's not that hard to wait a few days...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Dear mopusvindictus

From mopusvindictus

“Everyone is responsible for their own behavior Mac

You don't need to brand people to stop the spread of Aids, constant promiscuous sex as nice as it is is NOT a requirement in life, we can actually learn to Love people and deal with reality and stay in consistent relationships...

It's not that horrible after all

There is one sure fire way to not get aids... it's to be really choosy wait a long time and know your in love...

Additionally...

This would eliminate what? The One night stand?

I've had a couple of girlfriends in the past say.... Hey, no nookie unless you get an Hiv test first.

Not a tragedy, just impulse control “

All well and good but it is not the reality of life not over there and not over here so now where???

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Dear sdcigarpig

From sdcigarpig

“The tattoo idea in shorts sets up a nanny state, and no one wants that. Once you open the doors to that, then you end up with something that will be perverted and used beyond its original intentions. History and other organizations have showed us that. Take the Organization MADD, we all remember that. The original idea was to prevent drunk driving. Good idea, as the number of deaths due to people driving drunk was high and the creator, Candy Lightner, founder had lost her child from someone driving drunk. But then it got perverted and she left the organization. Why, in her words: "[MADD has] become far more neo-prohibitionist than I have ever wanted or envisioned...I didn't start MADD to deal with alcohol. I started MADD to deal with the issues of drunk driving."
MADD is one of the staunchest supporters of ignition-interlock (aka Prohignition) legislation in the country. Bottom line is if this gets passed, then cars will be fitted with a breathlizers to prevent people from driving drunk and everyone pays the price, both in a loss of liberty and in the cost of a car.
Bottom line is that if you demand the tattooing of people with HIV, then you have to enforce mandatory HIV testing of every single person in the country, and then how do you enforce that they have safe sex? And did you consider the cost of such, who is going to pay for it? Are you willing to have your taxes raised for the cost of all of this, including the therapy sessions for the people who are young and have gotten that tattoo cause they got it from their mother and had no control over getting this horrid disease? Nor have you addressed the privacy issue, what about that, are you willing to have what you do in your bedroom exposed to the public in the interest of public safety? “

Ok I do not know MADD I am not from the USA.

You say I an wrong it will be misused and sure as hell you may be right now what is the answer because what has gone before is not working not on this side of the pond.

It the young ones the ones who wont listen anyway that are the problem. So what is your answer???

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Dear HotSauce

From HotSauce

“Now why didnt you need the tattoo if you thought you might have the AIDS virus? “

I didn’t need to get a tattoo for a start the people I ride with would not know to look and it was only incase of my personal injury that they needed to know.

So I just got them all together told them I was at risk and had had one test which was negative and would let them know about the second when the time came.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Dear Animal

From Animal

“absolutely not. your average infected individual should, for no reason, have their rights tramped because they carry a contagious disease.

i could see that in the case of a habitual 'gifter' or person who knowingly, willingly, and with out warning passes this disease to others than perhaps. “

I didn’t need to get a tattoo for a start the people I ride with would not know to look and it was only incase of my personal injury that they needed to know.

Do go back and read my answers.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Dear TrueTruth

From TrueTruth

“Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by TrueTruth

Dear TrueTruth

I would hope that the HIV population would accept the tattoo with grace after all it will not hurt them unduly and help to keep them honest about there infection.

As for the HIV negative population it will only help to keep them that way so I imagine them to be grateful.

Well, seems you have little understanding of human beings then.

And it's annoying now that you keep telling people that their ideas only makes sense in the USA - when you won't even tell us what continent you're on. It's smug, and it's a cheap trick to get out of having to recognize a valid argument. When anyone makes a good point, you just wave your little hand and say, 'ah, you wouldn't get it, you're over there, and i'm over here in the REAL world'. It's snarky, rude, and unimpressive intellectually. Cheap tricks are for poor minds.

For all I know, you're an American too, and you're doing some little 6 week summer program. And it also sounds like you're a classic example of a 'care provider' who actually holds those he helps in contempt, as you want to brand them like cattle. I've seen it all too often.

There's something about you that doesn't add up.

I don't see your demeanor as pleasant any more - I see it more as the sardonic grin of the sociopath. I think you're just enjoying making people angry with an idea you know is inhumane.

Whoever you are, you're kind of creepy “

Now that a shame I thought you where getting there.

Mate I don’t give a two penny yango for what you think of me.
Yes I do think a lot of people in the USA lost the plot some time ago now.

I know how these folk suffer I see it every day and I have an idea of how to help stop it.

What have you got.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

Dear staple

From staple
“Good question. I pulled a few answers...

If a woman is HIV-positive, there are several ways to reduce the likelihood she will pass the HIV infection on to her baby. A doctor might give her drugs such as zidovudine (AZT) and nevirapine (if they are available) to a pregnant woman with HIV/AIDS to decrease her chance of passing the infection to her baby. Good nutrition and antenatal care can also reduce this risk.
Can this risk be reduced?
Modern drugs are highly effective at preventing HIV transmission during pregnancy, labor and delivery. When combined with other interventions, including formula feeding, a complete course of treatment can cut the risk of transmission to below 2%. Even where resources are limited, a single dose of medicine given to mother and baby can cut the risk in half.

If your HIV infected and want a baby then your responsible for the risks. The risks are that your kid will die from AIDS. I would not want want to do that to a child of mine.
On the flip side I have read that some babies born to HIV infected mothers have a higher immunity to the disease. Sounds like biological evolution in play. “

Yes all spot on now what about the tattoo??

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
OP - Havent you heard of Universal Precautions?

Treat EVERYONE as if they have HIV, HIB etc etc.

Tattoos is a big no no ..... It smacks of Naziism, apart from a breach of Human Rights. It would not work because tattoos could be hidden, an underground network of ''Tattoo camoflagers'' would emerge.

And where would it stop ........ H1N1, Flu, TB, Chlamydia (most widespread STD of all) et al.

I agree with the poster that said IDIOTS should be tattooed ...... in large letters on their forehead.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
NO

Because HIV isn't even the cause of Aids anyway

You'd be Tattooing allot of people who will never get sick anyway

I dont think AIDS is related to HIV - I think its related to giving people nasty injections - WHO would do such a thing ..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Can you imagine being diagnosed with HIV?, imagine telling your friends, your fammily. the stigma alone is surely torture enough. Then imagine having to be tagged for having a disease.

Can you imagine how the tatooed will be treated by the rest of society?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join