It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question should people with HIV be tattooed??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Dear zazzafrazz

The west is only a small part of the problem which is world wide. If not sorted it will be spread back to your beloved west.

Its nothing to do with my beloved anything, Im highlighting where there is educaiton and safe sex, there is a much less infections than poverty areas of the world that do not have the same education.

I have a sister who has worked in Government policiy for Sexual health and particulalry HIV for over a decade, and your comments seem very il informed compared to someone who does work in the area, Im not sure if you do work with patients, I cant imagine this kind of thought pattern coming from dealing with patients? unless you sell cakes and tea in the hospice cafeteria?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Exactly, if he really did work with Aids patients he wouldn't have the mindset that he does when it comes to forcing them to have get tattoo's.

Chances are he is lying about his job.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Rocketgirl]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Actually I kind of like this idea. Except for instead of a tattoo we use a chip. We could make it voulantary for people to get them. We could do it for Aids and Herpes and Hepatitits. Then say you are out at a bar and you could have a device to read the chip discretely before you started trying to pick the person up. It could be helpful for health but also for those with the disease. Like if you got the herp you coud find somebody to fool with that has the herp too, or same with Aids etc.... Seems like it could be a good thing.

I just scanned your chip and it says you got the herp.. That is cool i got the herp too... Wanna dance?

[edit on 28-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I agree

I to suspected the OP of telling a fib there. You would think that someone working with people affected by AIDS to be more sympathetic. The OP doesnt seem to think there is anything wrong with "branding" people, which I find quite "derogatory" especially in the case of children born with AIDS and those who got it from being raped or sexually assaulted

[edit on 28/11/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Why stop there? How about people who are more at risk? Say like the OP since he works with HIV patients and is at a higher risk than everyone else. Let's start branding these people too. After all, they wouldn't know they were positive for 90 days right? They could be spreading it too.

What say you OP? Want the tatoo too.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Well once again it would be voluntery which I can't seem to remember how to spell... I think it woud be a good idea for people at some higher risk of catching it to have some sort of category for that where they could alert potential mates that they are at a slightly higher risk but not currently known to have any forms of disease.

Wouldn't this make picking chics up at bars way less scary. I am so tired of playing russian roulette with my penis.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
Wouldn't this make picking chics up at bars way less scary. I am so tired of playing russian roulette with my penis.

Dude, thats what condoms are for....please tell me you practice safe sex..

And like I said before, I dont know what the OP does before sex, but I know I dont stop and look over a girls body for imperfections and anomalies before I jump into it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well yeah I practice safe sex more or less.. but condoms break from time to time and somtimes you get a little sloppy after you been pounding shots of Yaeger all night.

I am just saying it would be nice to know beforehand and them to know about you. Like even if you had Aids or Herpes, you could use it as a tool to find someone with the same disease so you don't spread it to someone who is clean.

To me it just makes sense. It coud all be ran by some company where you pay a yearly fee and included is a blood test every six months. Maybe they could make an iphone app to read the chip.. I got an app for that.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Dear LAUGHING-CAT

I do not know the woman you speak about I am not a fan but the tattoo in question would have to be the same in the same place on every one so like with the Jews in Nazi Germany you would know where to look.

You are suggesting that people with HIV should be free to infect the rest of the population???

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I do not know the woman you speak about I am not a fan but the tattoo in question would have to be the same in the same place on every one so like with the Jews in Nazi Germany you would know where to look.

Wow....and you wonder why I compared you to Hitler

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Dear OzWeatherman

It is my suggestion that if this where mandatory for a small tattoo in a particular place I am sure even you would make sure you looked.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Mac, do you really work with Aids patients? If really did work with them,then you wouldn't have brought up the tattoo idea. Hitler had the same idea, but with the Jews.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Dear RuneSpider

Now here is me trying to sort out a big problem that I know for a fact is real becase I work with it every day and here are you taking the P***s

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Like I said before, people don't think about tattoo's when they are getting ready to have sex with someone.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Wel it was wrong to do it with Jews because they didn't have a deadly disease that they could secretly spread to others. I think most AIDS people who are really worried about not infecting others would be more than glad to get the tattoo. I would if I had it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Dear OzWeatherman

It is my suggestion that if this where mandatory for a small tattoo in a particular place I am sure even you would make sure you looked.

Nope, I wouldnt for 2 reasons.....

1. I wouldntsleep with anyone I dont trust

2. If I was still worried about it, rather than spend several embaressing moments stopping and pausing to look, I would simply use protection

And why havent you answered anyones questions yet? They are all valid yet you seem to be avoiding them deliberately

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Dear TrueTruth

The continent is Asia.

The tattoo will not work all the time, a lot will be too intoxicated to look but it will give us a chance.

Come and watch the kids die and tell me I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Dear Rocketgirl
When you know where the tattoo will be you will look if you are not blind.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by sdcigarpig

Dear sdcigarpig

Hitler tattooed on the forearm which made it easy for the goons to see what I am suggesting is a mark that will only be seen by a potential SEX partner.

They lie; and you will be sick for the rest of your life and spreading the disease for many years before you even know you have it.

Dear Mac269:
But that is the point, Hitler did it to segragate a portion of the population that was determined to be undesirable, thus justifying the attempted extermination of that population.
In this day and age, if you have unprotected sex, and do not take steps to protect yourself, you are going to catch something. That is fact. But it takes 2 to tango, and it is as much the responsiblity of the person who is sick, as well as the other person to take those percautions. The excuse, well I did not know the other person had an STD no longer is a viable one. Giving a person a tattoo or a mark on their body is tantamount to the same principle as what Hitler did. And if you did that, where does it end? How about people with other STD's like Herpes? Or Hepatitus C? Or how about those who are overweight, or drug addicts or alcoholics, or any other problem that is either psycological or physical? Once you open that door, then it can be abused, cause eventually it will be determined that a hidden mark is not enough and some one who is in authority will determine it needs to be visible. It is a terrible idea.
It has to be the responsibility of people for their actions no less no more.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

Wouldn't a safer approach me more effective? Or do want to be "baby's daddy"?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join