It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question should people with HIV be tattooed??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Dear TrueTruth r

Thanks for that well said and the proof that this thread is desperately needed.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Here's another thing the marker crowd hasn't considered.

Do this, and people will stop getting tested.

Then you have an even more dangerous situation on your hands.

It's called self control, people.

What the heck happened to personal responsibility? More big brother solutions instead?

This is insane.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Dear tothetenthpower

I was not particularly thinking of medical workers but yes this would help. I was thinking of protecting some of the people who are posting here and it is very obvious that I was right to do so.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
OOOPS my bad... well, I don't know if they should be tattoed, but I think there should be an online database to check all potential partners for allllll sorts of things criminal records more prevalently, especially pedophiles and sex crimes and if you have anything contagious, yes I think a free database would be a good idea! JMO, but the potential partner should be able to have access to this info, I mean not everyone is like me, I can pick up things with my senses beyond the five and including the five, I know an unhealthy person even before they know, so I have been blessed Thank GOD!

[edit on 28-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What you are suggesting is a pandoras box, that you are not going to want to open. To tattoo a person because they have a disease is no better than what the Nazi party did to the jewish people prior to the outbreak of WWII. And what all would it acomplish, except to take a group of people who are ill, and make it even more difficult for them to have human contact.
Sex requires the consent of 2 people, and it is not just the responsiblity of one person to inform, but for the other person to question.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Dear TrueTruth

Your attitude is naturally very commendable. However perhaps not as widely practiced as you would hope. That being the case you have one more person spreading HIV

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yeah great idea OP

You want to segregate society and discriminate against people with the disease......is your surname "Hitler" by any chance

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Dear TrueTruth

You make a good point about not getting tested and as you say this is a possibility.

However where I am most do not get tested until the AIDS stage is reached anyway. So if they recover which is in about 50% of cases would you send them out of the hospital to infect more??

Or knowing this is likely would you give them a discreet tattoo??

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Thanks for your respectful manner of disagreeing.

As another poster said, it's opening a pandora's box. It's immoral.

If people can't control themselves, then they have to suffer the consequences.

I value liberty over safety, and privacy over government intrusion. The opposite is a slippery slope towards tyranny, which to me, is the greater danger, and one that can ruin nations, not just individual lives.

We can't sacrifice our values, or abdicate our responsibilities, for the sake of fear.

I'm sorry, but to me, this would be morally wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Dear ldyserenity

So a sick person should have there medical records of the net so everyone can see??

Interesting it make my idea of a discreet tattoo look very mild.

Besides which I can just imagine 17 years olds going on line during a night out to check the health records of there potential lay. Please do think about what you are writing.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Dear sdcigarpig

Hitler tattooed on the forearm which made it easy for the goons to see what I am suggesting is a mark that will only be seen by a potential SEX partner.

They lie; and you will be sick for the rest of your life and spreading the disease for many years before you even know you have it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Dear OzWeatherman

In my life I have been called many things but this is a new one.

Please read the posts I am not suggesting that they be tattooed where it can be seen as you pass them in the street we are talking about a small mark below the bathing costume line. The very last thing I am trying to do is make life anymore difficult for the people that I spend my life supporting.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Dear OzWeatherman

Please read the posts I am not suggesting that they be tattooed where it can be seen as you pass them in the street we are talking about a small mark below the bathing costume line. The very last thing I am trying to do is make life anymore difficult for the people that I spend my life supporting.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear OzWeatherman

Its not about where the tattoo is, its about actually tattooing them in the first place. For some bizzare reason you assume that many HIV positive people and people with AIDS go around deliberately having unprotected sex with people, without letting them know. Do you have a source for that or is this based purely on speculation?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Dear TrueTruth

I am respectful because I do not disagree with a great deal of what you say. I too hate the same thins as you.

However take this as a point in question.

A 16 year old girl who has been HIV positive from birth living in an orphanage since the age of about 8.

Now pregnant and has had 4 or 5 SEX partners so has no idea who the father is.

Tattoo for the sake of the rest of the population or not??

Think about it for a while I have.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Dear ldyserenity

So a sick person should have there medical records of the net so everyone can see??

Interesting it make my idea of a discreet tattoo look very mild.

Besides which I can just imagine 17 years olds going on line during a night out to check the health records of there potential lay. Please do think about what you are writing.

No only for sexually transmitted diseases hepatitis and HIV for one they're the major ones...it already is on the net for police, if someone gets pulled for a sex crime they run it thorugh the CDC and if they have any of those two things they can be prosecuted for murder which is inevitabely what will happen to the person raped, this is already in the system, it's already in place and it should have public access. If I was a cop I could do it for any reason...they are protected they can check their prospective partners and they do. And they sure as hell do background checks on their teen childrens potential dates. Believe that.

I would also add that anybody can do this right this minute for a fee, so it's not new and it sure is a lot less demeaning than a tattoo. They would not even know they were being looked up. Unless they know they're not telling their partner something, they should have no reason to worry.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Dear OzWeatherman

I do not have any government figures to through at you sorry I don’t even think it is possible to give such figures on such a thing.

However I have been working as a volunteer at an AIDS orphanage and hospice for over three years now and I can tell you for a total certainty that such cases are an every day thing where I am.

Remember this mark will not be seen by anyone who is not a potential SEX partner.

If you had SARS you would be quarantined YES?? Against your will if necessary correct??

No one let alone me wants to make life harder fro these people but you have to try to spot them spreading it some how.

Please com up with a better suggestion.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Still no.

I'm sure many lives could have been saved by breaking laws like, wiretapping, illegal searches, dna dragnets, etc.

But it's still not worth risking the loss of everything that makes us what we are as a nation - the risk of totalitarianism is too great. We're already close enough as it is.

What if we made not informing your partner a felony, with a mandatory sentence of, say, 5 years?

[edit on 28-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

A serious question should people with HIV be tattooed??

I work as a volunteer in an HIV/AIDS hospice.

Does your volunteer work unnerve you ?

------------------------------------------------

Presumable those with HIV wouldn`t have a choice in the matter , what would you do with those who refused to be `labelled` ?

What would be an appropriate age to tattoo a newborn infant with HIV ?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Dear ldyserenity

The USA is not the world it has 300,000,000 against nearly 7 billion. What is true for you is not for the rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join