It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change data dumped

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Its strange how I haven't heard anything from/about gore since these shenanigans broke. We can't let Al slip away with his tail between his legs. We need to bring this fight to him.

INVADE THE GW FORUMS!!

[edit on 11/29/2009 by VonDoomen]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
del
ctrl c
ctrl v
print

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
One has to understand, when we say Global Warming is a hoax (and it is), that we're not talking about the increasing problems our Earth is facing. Something is happening. We just have no freaking idea what it is.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
Russia today news channel is running an hourly story of how they fiddled the data to fit the global warming agenda...

Ah well, if Putin's Russia says so, then it must be true then. Your level of objectiveness leaves me breathless. Truly, a giant...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ba0fe6cb9d1.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh lordy, these stupid people are figgerin things out, how's my hair, is it pretty, how about my makeup?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
One has to understand, when we say Global Warming is a hoax (and it is), that we're not talking about the increasing problems our Earth is facing. Something is happening. We just have no freaking idea what it is.

And you should understand that it is just plain common-sense that the current level of human activity must have an effect on the planet. It is putrid laziness, selfishness and self-serving rationalization of the basest sort to say otherwise.

All this crap about the old global left-wing conspiracy is an excuse not to change your lazy selfish ways.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Oh lordy, these stupid people are figgerin things out, how's my hair, is it pretty, how about my makeup?

Pathetic. This board is swamped by intellectual midgets.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

But it seems to be reeling with giants of Common Sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

I agree, especially those who continue to promote the theory of man-made global warming in the face of an abundance of evidence of fraud through manipulated, fabricated and deleted data.

Al Gore and his cronies through their investments are set to benefit from $3.4 BILLION in contracts from this scam... And if they have their way will defraud the American taxpayers even more in the future... Their convenient scam is unraveling... Those who can would be wise to jump ship now.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
Its strange how I haven't heard anything from/about gore since these shenanigans broke. We can't let Al slip away with his tail between his legs. We need to bring this fight to him.

INVADE THE GW FORUMS!!

[edit on 11/29/2009 by VonDoomen]

What's Gore's involvement in this project again?

Oh...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick

While you may not have any idea many of us do, the mad scramble for planetary resources, pollution, political greed, destruction, acid rain, polluted oceans and so on.

As humans we are crapping in our backyards, but we can't move house.

One planet is all we get, so what are we leaving for our grandchildren?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I agree, especially those who continue to promote the theory of man-made global warming in the face of an abundance of evidence of fraud through manipulated, fabricated and deleted data.

Al Gore and his cronies through their investments are set to benefit from $3.4 BILLION in contracts from this scam... And if they have their way will defraud the American taxpayers even more in the future... Their convenient scam is unraveling... Those who can would be wise to jump ship now.

How is that any different from, say, war profiteering? It isn't really. Same crap, different day.

What is different though, is that it might actually benefit some of us. If certain countries, I'm looking at you America, could break from their reliance on foreign oil, things might start to look a little better.

FYI, the data was not deleted, it was thrown out, trashed, binned, discarded. There is a very important distinction. $3.4 billion dollars isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. What's the US deficit just now? How many trillion? Honestly, to people like us $3.4 billion is a lot of money, but it's peanuts to how much is thrown on out on military spending. Don't misrepresent it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thanks for finding the source of that information. I was wondering where I'd read that about the 30's being warmer than this decade.

I agree that this has to rank as one of the greatest lies ever fed to the public, if not the greatest. The problem with most people though, is they don't question things. They just follow what they've been told, so the general public won't be aware of this.

On a positive note the message is great, look after the environment, recycle, plant more trees etc so I guess something good has come out of this lie.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As a wise man once said, "you can be entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts."

The UEA is a mess no doubt but there are literally hundreds of research stations that have collected data for over thirty years with regards to climate change. Even without UEA's data the worldwide data that has been collected shows a clear trend in increasing C02 levels. It unfortunate that UEA did what it did but lets not paint all research with the same brush - that would also be a mistake.

Why all the anger towards the theory of climate change? Is it that we have to think about changing our decadent lifestyle? Are you really that burned up over carbon tax? I don't get it. Shouldn't we try to improve our world and our children's world if we are clearly seeing that we are fouling our own nest?

Denial is not an option. It's lazy to just say - "climate change is BS - I'm going to just keep living my life the same way and screw future generations"
I don't think history will be kind to the climate change deniers.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
reply to post by altered_states

Then can someone please explain to me why the polar regions are melting at such a fast rate if global warming doesn't exsist or is it just a bunch of guys with bunsen burners making the ice melt?

Who's to say that it is? All we have to go on are the reports from some of these same scientists saying that it is. I seem to recall hearing that the Russians had to send an ice breaker to rescue a ship trapped in the ice. There wasn't supposed to be ice that far South at this time of the year.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA worst excuse EVER. Not enough space? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Thats like the dog ate my homework, lol.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

Cllimate change is just a fact, that the sun has ups and downs, that control our weather. We cannot change that.

Man made global warming is such a con, they exploited cycles, in the sun to push there theory.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
Its no wonder I just had 3 months off this forum...

stop being so bloody stupid. READ the article, PROPERLY.
The data was thrown away 30 years ago, at a time when 'climate change' was a bit of a non issue, in the same way people today REALLY care where their 'recycling' actually goes.

Of course they threw it away. It was on outdated storage media, they were moving buildings, they were going to throw away non important stuff.

So, it was "non important stuff"? So unimportant that they decided to keep the "corrected" data? You have to be kidding us that you believe the University trashed all that unimportant statistical data but considered the altered data important enough to keep.

As I said in my original post, files that are not regularly used but which may have further use at some later date are usually warehoused off-site - they are rarely destroyed.

In the 1970s, climate change (although it wasn't called that) was known to have occurred during Man's time on this planet. Some scientists even put forth the idea that the Earth was cooling and projected an ice age would confront us sometime around the year 2000. Other scientists suggested a period of warming would occur.

Given that Climate Change was an important consideration before the 1980s; given that the data was considered important enough to collect and store for 120 years; given that it was considered important enough to analyze and use to disprove global cooling and to develop a theory of global warming; and given that the University of East Anglia relied on research grants to fund some of its departments, do you still believe that the original, unaltered, data was simply trashed to create a bit of room? Do you still believe it wasn't considered important enough to archive for future analysis and scrutiny? If you do then you are definitely in denial of truth and I suggest you cease hiding behind your pride.

Don't belittle, character assassinate or name-call others just because their opinions differ to your own convictions.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

You were going well until your second last line. Classy stuff.

I ask you this question: has there been a steady increase in the average global temperature over the last 15 - 20 years? You'd think that would be the case if we were dealing with Global Warming wouldn't you?
Perhaps I'm missing something because admittedly I'm no meteoroligist or scientist. Logically speaking, to me anyway, the fact that temperature data contradicts this could be seen as evidence we're being lied to?

Correct me if I'm missing something here because it seems obvious to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis
reply to post by altered_states

Then can someone please explain to me why the polar regions are melting at such a fast rate if global warming doesn't exsist or is it just a bunch of guys with bunsen burners making the ice melt?

Then can someone please explain how this has happened many times before and will continue to happen, I think the word is cycle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join