It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change data dumped

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

www.timesonline.co.uk

SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The data were gathered from weather stations around the world and then adjusted to take account of variables in the way they were collected. The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building.

Timesonline.co.uk

I don't buy it for one second. Suddenly, because they've been hacked aka found out and they need to release all their data they're saying all or some or most of the original, un-corrected data collected prior to 1980 was destroyed to save space. They really do think we are all mugs.

So, had this data really been destroyed, why didn't they just tell those who'd submitted Freedom of Information Requests to gain access to it that they couldn't supply the data because they no longer have it? Isn't it in the interest of science that other scientists have access to all data on which conclusions are based? When I studied science at school, never mind University, my teachers would have given me very poor marks had I not based my results on data my teachers could see and verify; further, had I provided no data they would have accused me of either copying someone else's or of making it up. The most sickening part of all this is that so many scientists (a minority of all scientists, might I add) and politicians have gone along with the University of East Anglia's conclusions without checking them. It is about as low as anyone can go - to look in the eyes of every man, woman and child and tell them you know, without any doubt, that the world is dying, it is being killed by Man; to tell them that and frighten them with bigger and better scare stories every other day without ever having checked the information makes someone beyond scum. These people are as bad as any terrorist.

I've worked in government departments as-well-as worked for large multinational companies and within a few colleges. I can tell you that most companies, government departments and educational establishments in the U.K store paper files off-site when they are no longer regularly required. Important paper files are rarely destroyed - people do not destroy information that might be required for self protection or for gaining leverage against competitors and clients. There's a large company called Pickwicks that warehouses documents for many government, educational and corporate entities. Pickwicks is not the only file storage company. This University could not have destroyed this data unless it is (was) incriminating.

www.timesonline.co.uk

Edited to add source to article snippet continuation.

[edit on 28/11/09 by Rapacity]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't trust any of the theories regarding global warming. Why? Because they can't even get along on a personal level, and they have different theories on gathering and/or interpretation of data.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
First off let me start with this...Global Warming is the biggest scam in the history of mankind.

There...I said it.

It's no surprise to see confirmation of this type of activity now, especially considering many of us knew it was happening back then. The entire GW conspiracy has been nothing more than a political tool to control the masses since the start.

The data was mostly completely manufactured...and the real data than contradicted what they were saying was either destroyed or concealed.

No surprises here.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA worst excuse EVER. Not enough space? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Right. Those are the years before satellites. I argue that data from back then was to iffy to be relevant anyways, so if it did hurt their mythology that makes it even more embarassing.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well nyk537 hit the nail right on the head
This has got to be up there with the biggest cons/money making schemes known to man ever.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

Good find. Starred, and flagged.

This should be showing that these people have been hiding the raw data because their models have been rigged for their AGW agenda.

This also happened thanks to Roger Pielke, he asked for the data and was told that the original raw data until the 1980s was thrown out...

This means that more of the data of the past 150 years cannot be corroborated..

This is the most ridiculous excuse ever... You don't throw away raw data for most of the 150 years of recorded temperatures... You find some NEW storage and keep it in case anyone needs to search for data from before the 1980s...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Right. Those are the years before satellites. I argue that data from back then was to iffy to be relevant anyways, so if it did hurt their mythology that makes it even more embarassing.

Not really IIB, the data that they threw away is most of the 150 years of raw temperature data until the 1980s when the records were thrown away.

In the 1980s we had satellites, not as many as now, but we had satellites taking temperature readings. in fact it was around 1979 that we began taking satellite temperature readings, but before that we were taking radiosonde temperature readings by way of weather ballons since about 1924, but have also HAD other records going back to 1850....

ALL that data was thrown away.....which is MOST of the raw data for the past 150 years.... We now have only the data since the 1990s until today.......

But we know for a fact that during the 1930s there have been record temperatures that are among the WARMEST....

We know that AT LEAST 4 of the warmest years were in the 1930s...and there were also WARMEST years in the 1920s, and even before.

NASA Revises Temperature Data - 1930's warmest on record!
Admin, Thursday 09 August 2007 - 20:06:13 // comment: 1 // // Font Size - Increase / Decrease / Reset

In a stunning turn of events data (quietly) released by NASA shows that the 4 warmest years ever recorded occurred in the 1930's, with the warmest year on record being 1934 (not 1998). Lets see if Al Gore revises his road show. Update - Global Warming is actually a Y2K bug!

Data discovered on NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) website revises recorded temperatures for the United States. It is expected that similar revisions will also be made for global temperature recordings. This information was discovered by Steve McIntyre of Climate Audit on Wednesday (8/8/2007). No NASA press release, no James Hansen (head of GISS) announcement, nothing. Could it be because they don't want anyone to see it? The data is certainly devastating for the Al Gore camp which has based much of their Carbon Credits sales pitch on recent temperatures (e.g. claiming that 1998 was the warmest on record).

Other aspects of the data are just as stunning.

Only 4 of the top 10 warmest years occurred in the past 10 years (1998, 1999, 2006)

Out of the top 10 warmest years half occurred before 1940

The years 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2004 were cooler than the year 1900

1996, just two years before what Al Gore called the hottest year in the history of the planet, was actually cooler than average.

1921 was the third warmest year in recorded history (behind 1934 and 1998)

www.globalwarminghoax.com...

[edit on 28-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

What is really shocking is that NO ONE ever seemed to want to double check the data before it became Gospel. Some scientific method there.

Make the data fit the results you want, then destroy the original data in the first place.

I want some Nobel Prizes returned.....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I wonder what story AL BORE will come up with this time

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

That makes sense. If the data doesn't fit their agenda, get rid of it.
Those pinhead PHDs should be thrown in prison for collusion.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Not being able to verify data is being blaimed on the dog that ate the homework.

These so called professional scientist think we are stupid.

Little do they know that their excuse is as transparant as they are.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...what gets me is that they seem to be going ahead with their plans as if nothing has happened,where in reality this whole scam to rip the people off should be scraped,and they should be focusing on the pollution that their industries are causing.if you remember years ago we used to demonstrate against the poisons being put into our water ,air and food,then it all got switched to g.w. because they could make money off us

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad – Leaders of the Commonwealth countries called Saturday for a legally binding international agreement on climate change and a global fund with billions of dollars to help poor countries meet its mandates.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Let's all pay a visit to Al's website and sign in and join in on his discussions... maybe send him a link or two of current climate gate.

I never saw his movie or anything pertaining to the man(I am not a democrat or republican, for the record).

Prison, fines, public stoning, these people deserve everything thrown at them!!!!!!!!

Al Gore

* About
* Journal
* Books and DVDs

Please Join the Conversation

Al's Journal
Happy Thanksgiving
November 26, 2009 5:39 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Continue Reading
Al's Projects

* The Alliance for Climate Protection
* The Climate Project
* Tipper Gore's Photographs
* Live Earth
* An Inconvenient Truth
* Current TV
* Generation Investment Management

Books & DVDs
thumb1
Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis

It is now abundantly clear that we have at our fingertips all of the tools we need to solve the climate crisis. The only missing ingredient is collective will.

Visit OurChoiceTheBook.com

Buy the book at:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Borders
Indie Bound
Media and Scheduling Requests

Click Here For Media Requests

Click Here For Scheduling Requests
Climate News

* Everything's dried up and communities begin to crack
2009-11-28T09:00-05:00: "If this is the Government's climate change policy," said one New South Wales cattle farmer, "then God help NSW."
* China's climate pledge raises expectations for Copenhagen summit
2009-11-28T09:00-05:00: China has vowed to steeply reduce the intensity of its greenhouse gas emissions over the next decade, a move that the Obama administration hailed as a decisive development toward agreement on a comprehensive climate treaty.

News Feed Provided By Environmental Health News
The Official Site of Al Gore

About | Action Center | Journal | Books & DVDs | Privacy Policy | Site Designed by: Free Range Studios

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

ALL that data was thrown away.....which is MOST of the raw data for the past 150 years.... We now have only the data since the 1990s until today.......

No, their copy of all that data was thrown away.

Seriously, use your head here. You're talking about global data. Do you think that Japan, for example, would send the original meterological history archive, going back centuries, to a foreign university, in its entirety, no questions asked, and without keeping a copy on hand?

Of course they bloody wouldn't. No one would. They'd send a copy.

This data still exists. Even that which is not being used by universities and research institutes still exists in government archives around the world. Even if all of those things were to go up in flames, you'd still be left with newspapers to pile through to get your records for the past 150 years.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So, the actual readings were dumped BUT the adjusted data was retained...Sounds like BS to me. Global Warming has become a vehicle for a lot of things in which many have nothing to do with little else except placing money in pockets and furthering agendas based on sketchy pesudo science. The planet has warmed and cooled for millions of years and that isn't disputed. Matter of fact its an accepted fact. However many of those involved with climate forecasting are pitted against people who largely have political motivations for a variety of reasons with some being: grants for studys providing they go along with the global warming theory, acceptance of the larger clique which provides greater benefits, peer pressure and the list goes on. But scientists can't agree on the studies & numbers because the studies are swayed by these politicos who have become more concerned with being politically correct than providing real science. I believe that sure, the planet more than likely is being harmed to some degree by all of the crap we put into the air and atmosphere but the solution isn't going to come from Al Gore or his followers who are just po'd cause he didn't win the presidency and now have rallied around him like some climate guru in which he simply isn't. I mean, its the same man who claimed he "invented the internet" so if thats the kind of leadership the global warmers accept, then their data must be skewed to say the least.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacity

www.timesonline.co.uk

SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

What an OUTRAGE!!! How dare these charlatans claim they had to delete those files to save room. The mere fact they admit to deleting those files proves beyond any reasonable doubt they planned to LIE!!! What an OUTRAGE!!!

No one, and I mean no one in my government, (THE USA Government), had better attempt to pass any global climate change bills until this absolute betrayal of the ENTIRE Science Community is resolved! If there is not a complete denunciation of this ENTIRE College and the Entire Climate Change movement by every single Scientific field across the board, then the world will know without question these charlatans tried to destroy honest scientific work around the world and have totally and completely destroyed our trust we have mistakenly given that entire community.

We should demand a complete and total investigation. Every State in the United States should start their own investigation into this entire sorted affair, I realize this happened outside the USA but their dishonesty affects the entire world... let alone how long has the entire Scientific community been lying!! How can we trust these scientist about anything now, how can we trust them about anything?

That college has made a mockery of the ENTIRE Science community... and if the Science Community does not come out and completely and totally condemn all of these latest revelations, regarding the lies, deceit and the complete betrayal of the entire worlds trust... and now this despicable act committed by that college... then the whole entire science community will be damned for a very long time and rightfully so!!!

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 29-11-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

No, their copy of all that data was thrown away.

Seriously, use your head here. You're talking about global data. Do you think that Japan, for example, would send the original meterological history archive, going back centuries, to a foreign university, in its entirety, no questions asked, and without keeping a copy on hand?

Of course they bloody wouldn't. No one would. They'd send a copy.

This data still exists. Even that which is not being used by universities and research institutes still exists in government archives around the world. Even if all of those things were to go up in flames, you'd still be left with newspapers to pile through to get your records for the past 150 years.

I agree. The data still exists on servers all over. What was most likely thrown out is how the data was used, that is, methodology.

What should be obvious now is how the IPCC exaggerated the issue to gain funding, get wealth redistributed, and stop global growth. I can go to Climate Audit, copy an R program and access many of the databases of data. Why can't I do the same with the IPCC or CRU studies? It looks like a coverup that the programs and data aren't available.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

Then can someone please explain to me why the polar regions are melting at such a fast rate if global warming doesn't exsist or is it just a bunch of guys with bunsen burners making the ice melt?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join