It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Hairy Balls Hide Foul-Tasting Healthful Enzymes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

www.sciencedaily.com

ScienceDaily (Nov. 28, 2009) — Dutch researcher Saskia Lindhoud has discovered a new way to package enzymes by causing charged polymers to form a 'ball of hair' around them. Her approach significantly increases the utility of the enzymes. For example, healthy enzymes with a foul taste can be packaged in such a way that they are released in the stomach without being tasted.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This reminds me of the "miracle fruit" which masks foul tasting things.

According to this, we could put small hairy balls in things like beer to mask the taste as long as the balls are in a package, such as polyelectrolyte complex micelles. With time, it may be possible to place small hairy balls in our mouths as a type of foul-taste reducer for a number of things.

This will be great for foul tasting medicines as well. Kids and adults alike with never gag or be repulsed by the medicine that has small hairy balls.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There is just something really wrong here.
Or is it just me. I don't want small hairy balls in my mouth.

[edit on 11/28/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

This is interesting, to say the least, and I think this is really a breakthrough, but I'm not sure that swallowing something hairy would be all that much preferable to swallowing something foul tasting.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Are you bothered by the hairiness of the balls or just the smalless of the balls? Sorry couldnt resist.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Well, both actually. Small hairy balls just is a concept that's hard for me to swallow.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LMAO! Yes hairy balls is a tough pill to swallow. I know where you are coming from, I haven't been able to eat fish sticks since the fishdicks episode on South Park.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I wonder if salty chocolate balls would have the same effect.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Well, both actually. Small hairy balls just is a concept that's hard for me to swallow.

I hear asparagus and good tickets to a broadway show "sweeten" the deal.

Enzymeticaly speaking of course.

[edit on 28 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The one small side effect is the aftertaste of salt and fear.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hey after a meal and a show my pathetic female mind is presupposed to having chocolate, salty balls (even though im listening to MUSE's new album "resistance"), my mate is giving me her boots lol.....

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Wow... lol.. you guys rediculous. Not saying i like the fact of swallowing hairy balls as much as the next guy, but its nice they are small i guess..? much better compared to large hairy balls i must say. I really like the concept of using something to take away the "bad taste" in things. but what defines foul tasting? i mean i used to hate oinons but now i like the taste. and i dont really understand how it doesnt dull all of the other flavours. How small are these hairy balls, microscopic or near so i assume if talking about enzymes?

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Consciousness]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

I have been trying to tell my wife it was good for her. Of course I would never describe them as small...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

According to this, we could put small hairy balls in things like beer to mask the taste as long as the balls are in a package...

Leave them in the package until AFTER the alcohol has been consumed (why ruin a good drink?) Than and only than, may they be set free to [um] be utilized in an enzymatic kinda way.

With time, it may be possible to place small hairy balls in our mouths as a type of foul-taste reducer for a number of things.

Why mess with the "tried and true" mints? That is all one needs to take on... a number of things. There are other options, of course, but these are small and tasty with no hair to get stuck in the teeth.

ETA: interesting research though! Good to have options.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
WTFudge? I am shocked and amazed at the reference to which this post has gone...... at least humor is still alive on this site.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

And that my dear, is what she said.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It should be a requirement that readers click and play your post first before reading the rest of the thread.

I am so thoroughly disturbed. I'm certain to have medical bills after this.

On the subject of this thread:

...the specific delivery of medicines...

So this is the high tech version of covering the pill with something like peanut butter and shoving it down your dog's throat.

Nice. I think.

Did anyone happen to catch this from the article?

Saskia Lindhoud carried out her research with a TOP grant from the NWO Division for the Chemical Sciences.

Top grant? From the New World Order Division?

Serious stuff.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by loam]

new topics

top topics

join