It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If/When Israel Gets Her Temple Back?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm not certain if this question has been posed here...it hasn't been rescently if it has though. I consider this to be the proper place though as I'm more interested
in how this will affect world politics (especially U.S./Israely) than how it affects
religion; not that there is or isn't a quantum difference between the two.

How will relations go with a country that starts performing animal sacrifices again
after 2,000 years + of doing okay without this barbaric practice/ritual. Can a modern country that condones this be taken seriously in the contemporary sceme
of things? I'm not here to debate this, just to see what people think...posts from any one of the Judaic faiths might prove to be especially interesting; thanks to all.

On a side note, are there more animal rights advocates than potential animal sacrificers?

This was intended to go into the politics section, but after reading the disclaimer by 'SO' my back button malfuntioned...this is a political question, not a religious one. mods please fix...tyvm...mike

[edit on 28-11-2009 by plainmike]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28 Nov 09 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plainmike

On a side note, are there more animal rights advocates than potential animal sacrificers?

You sir, have just written the most amazing sequence of words ever posted on ATS.

[edit on 28 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

thanks schrodingers dog. the question just came to mind upon waking from a long nap moments ago. seems to me like it'll be a dificult balancing act for the U.S. in the foreseeable future...keeping Israel from ever getting into the position of resuming sacrifices/getting the temple back
because of the political ramifications of being a supporter/affiliate with them while still keeping their trust somehow...does that make any sense?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well to tell you the truth I wasn't aware that Israel allowed animal sacrifice, a quick google search seemed to be inconclusive so if you have a linkie to that effect I would appreciate it.

I happen to be an animal lover and defender, but I also have respect for others' cultural and religious traditions. Hey, the US has close ties to Japan and Canada and they practice some of the most barbaric acts towards sentient mammals, not to mention how so many of our allies (and sometimes ourselves) treat other human beings. So I suspect this isn't going to be a huge issue for our government.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I do not see what the big deal is if they were to do animal sacrifices again. Other cultures do it. In Nepal they are going to sacrifice like 250,000 animals to their gods. It is not hurting anyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

"Forget the walrus, forget the trees" ?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

'Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi Member of Sanhedrin says sacrifices 'were not possible when the people of Israel were in the Diaspora, but now they are.' Adds: Jerusalem Temple should be rebuilt, Israeli government standing in our way

link

Before any such temple could be rebuilt, there would be a human slaughter . Even though these fringe Rabbi`s seem to think that they could get the support of the Muslim community to back the project . Good luck on that one .

From a website called beingjewish.com....

It is still forbidden to bring sacrifices outside of the Holy Temple. We follow, today, the instructions taught us by King Solomon, the Prophet Hosea and the other Prophets, and we pray without bringing sacrifices.

In addition, when we wish to bring a sacrifice, we study the Laws of the particular sacrifice we wish to bring. So the short answer to your question is that we can no longer bring Sacrifices because the Torah forbids us to bring any Sacrifices outside of the Holy Temple.

Since we have no Holy Temple, and it is impossible for us to rebuild it at this time, we keep praying to Hashem that we should be able to rebuild it soon in peace, and once again be able to bring the Praise and Thanksgiving Sacrifices once again

link

Animal sacrifice i imagine can be traced back to all early societies , but we haven`t shaken it loose it would seem.
African states would still have its practices woven into the fabric of their culture.
A recent thread by Karl 12
Hindu Sacrifice of 250,000 Animals Begins
----------------------------------------------------------

But i suppose our modern intensive meat production model is no shining light either .One could even argue that a miserable life in e.g a battery farm , is worse than a crude death to appease a deity.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If (when) Israel makes a rush for the Temple Mount.....it will be a bloodbath. The Islamic world will go NUTS, and it won't be a fun time for any of us.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

thanks for the links...in your opinion, what'll happen, say in the U.S.A.,
which proportedly defends freedom of religion if sacrifices go mainstream
again in Israel?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Not to rain on this anti-Israeli parade but...

The Israeli embassy and the Jewish community of Senegal have donated 99 sheep to poor families in that country in honour of Eid al Kebir, a holiday that recalls the Koranic narrative in which Ibrahim was said to have sacrificed a sheep in the stead of his son Ishmael. [...]

"The Israeli embassy in Senegal and members of Senegal's Jewish community gave sheep to underprivileged Senegalese families on Tuesday so they can celebrate the Muslim religious holiday of Tabaski this weekend.

Ninety-nine sheep waited for their new owners outside the donation ceremony in Dakar, just four days before Aid el Kebir, or Tabaski, as it is known in Senegal. On that day, Muslims around the world will sacrifice sheep and other animals to commemorate the prophet Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son Ishmael as an act of obedience to God.

Source: www.rantrave.com...

Animal sacrifice is a time honored tradition that is still observed, if not even enacted, in many ancient cultures. It is not by any means a disrespect to life but an honor to the local faith.

Aside from all that, the world is going to hell in a hand basket all around us. Just my own opinion but... geez.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Honestly this is one of those hypothetical questions that overlook a lot of very pertinent realities that would first have to be overcome in reality before so much as a gerbil could be sacrificed on the Temple Mount.

The entire Middle East a good portion of Europe and Asia Minor and even North America will be lit up like a Christmas Tree should the Dome of the Rock ever be torn down to make room for the Third Temple.

The Temple itself was used by the Habiru as the seat of central government, culture and their mystical religion that did apparently involve bizarre animal sacrifices.

The notion of recreating it is little more than idolatry and some perverse nostalgia on the part of people who 2,000 years removed basically have no blood ties to the people who erected it and it’s myriad purposes and spirituality and religion was just a fraction of what the complex was used for.

The Mosque built on top of it, likely by Babylonian Jews represents a capstone that if ever removed will set into motion a long ago and perennially maintained plan to set off an apocalyptical chain of events that will reduce the modern nation of Israel and most of it’s neighboring states into one huge corpse strewn heap of battlefield rubble that the only animals around will be carrion feasting off the dirge of humanity sacrificed to Rome’s long standing plan to use Armageddon as the final stage of a plan to setup a one world government and to eliminate or marginalize to a pale and defeated vestige the religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

The only animals that will end up being sacrificed will be human and there probably won’t be one left alive for a 500 mile radius of the Temple Mount.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Wow, if things played out like that after the power of suggestion reached it's intended fruition the church could in the absence of so many other faiths just walk calmly in saying...we told you so, you heard it here first...
now you have reason to trust us...let's move forward as ONE now...we'll show you how!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Yes, but doesn't this alarm anyone besides the minority in a time of potential enlightenment for lack of a better term?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The entire Middle East a good portion of Europe and Asia Minor and even North America will be lit up like a Christmas Tree should the Dome of the Rock ever be torn down to make room for the Third Temple.

The only animals that will end up being sacrificed will be human and there probably won’t be one left alive for a 500 mile radius of the Temple Mount.

I was watching the news Wed. and thinking 'why Pakistan?' Then I thought 'nukes' they have an arsenal and when/if there is a move for the rock Pakistan may not be so pacifist.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DChenO

goood point i suppose that the israelite'll never get the mount back in light of considerations like that...but if they did, just look at how acceptant folks are to embrace a barbric antiquated ritual being resumed in the name of culture...this is shocking to me...can we ever move from the dark ages if
not now?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Muchado about nothing, IMO. It's not like animal sacrifice is a widespread, everyday practice. Beyond that, we kill millions of birds, raccoons, opossums, squirrels (etc.) each year on our roadways. Even nut huggers and vegans contribute because the trucks that deliver the veggies do damage. They also deliver seeds to the local stores so, growing your own garden is no answer.

Of course, we could all go back to riding horses but the enslavement of this nobel beast would soon become an issue and we'd be back to chipping stones for tools.

Humanity is not a nature-friendly species even when he is not sacrificing, cooking, shooting, poisoning or running over nature. Once we finally get beyond the denial, we realize that there is no perfect answer nor any escaping the truth.

Edit: Typos

[edit on 28-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

yes again, but why be so quick to justify adding to the problem by accepting sacrificing animals religiously? if we as a species don't care where can we go from here? it seems so senseless...that is my point...
thanks for your honesty...mike

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It begins with the one commodity that we are in direly short supply: tolerance. We may see animal sacrifice as wrong but others would disagree. We have to allow for that or expect them to seek enforcement of their beliefs on us.

It just doesn't work that way. The old saying, live and let live, is the human answer to our diversity and our stubbornness.

Someday... if we survive long enough as a race, we may arrive in a perfect world. But right now, it is not and we only make it worse by imposing our beliefs, our systems, our norms and our society on others.

Again, all IMO.

Edit: Those darn typos

[edit on 28-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The Dome of the Rock will be destroyed to make way for the Temple Mount. Israel and the US will be blamed for event, but the true perpetrators will keep their blood-stained paper trail hidden, like they have managed to do for most of the evil deeds they have committed. Research THE J-E-S-U-I-T-S.

[edit on 29/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DChenO

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was watching the news Wed. and thinking 'why Pakistan?' Then I thought 'nukes' they have an arsenal and when/if there is a move for the rock Pakistan may not be so pacifist.

It's no an accident that Pakistan has nuclear weapons it’s not an accident Israel has nuclear weapons.

I guarantee you Israel have nuclear weapons pointed at the United States the United Kingdom, Russia, most of Europe, all of the Middle East, half of Africa, half of Asia and China.

I guarantee you that we (America) the UK, Europe, Russia and China all have Israel targeted too.

When it comes to mutually assured destruction (MAD) believe me it's mutually assured!

Israel was re-founded for one reason and one reason only by the men who fought World War I in a specific way to lead to it's rebirth on paper, and the men who fought World War II in a specific way to lead to it's repopulation.

It was re-birthed to be the touchstone of a conflagration that would lead to an unprecedented climatic apocalyptical world designed to destroy most of the world and establish an authoritarian, totalitarian one world government police state on the ashes.

It is in reality nothing but a bauble dangled in front of three of the world’s dominant religious groups to fight over as Jews, Christians and Muslims all covet it for different reasons, reasons that they have been indoctrinated and brainwashed into attaching great emotional importance to.

Islam is not the problem on it’s own, Christianity is not the problem on it’s own, Judaism is not the problem on it’s own, combined though they are all equally part of huge problem as all three of them see a heap of worthless rocks, dessert and relics as vitally intrinsic to their hope and prosperity in a post apocalyptical war or presently in some life after death spiritual beliefs based on ages old superstitions with political and moral control elements incorporated into them.

It’s not about evil jihadists or evil Jews or evangelical Christian zealots with one being preferred or more correct or moral than the other as they are all easily transformed into murderous lunatics for their religion and its beliefs.

It is rather about the fact that you can easily manipulate them to hate and kill one another and you can get them to do it over Israel and Jerusalem. Combined they represent half the worlds population, the less stable and easily manipulated half of the world’s population.

They all have been purposefully armed with the ability to destroy one another in such a horrible way that those who survive will beg for a world absent of such divisive religions and national borders.

The CIA funds the Taliban and always has, it funds Al Qaeda and always has and likewise made it possible for India and Pakistan to become nuclear armed.

The nuclear powers of the world aren’t sitting on their arsenals for nostalgia’s sake; mutually assured destruction is a big part of a plan to create an apocalypse that will make a one world government possible.

The only thing special and important about Israel is it’s the place that half the world has been trained to fight over for millenniums now. Trust me when I say they were trained for a reason to fight over it and fight they shall.

Hail Caesar.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join