It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke: Don't tamper with the Fed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, just days ahead of his confirmation hearing, is warning Congress that actions limiting the central bank's independence could prove detrimental to the causes of financial reform and economic recovery.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am just wondering, how long these people will be able to continue violating and holding us all hostage?

More "threats" from the fraudulent fed ring-leader. It is almost like the mafioso boss telling the citizens who his men are extorting fees from "for their protection" not to stand up for themselves and change the endless violations and criminality against them. That is basically what our current financial state has turned into--The world's largest racketeering and crime ring.

I wonder if we will ever see these people removed, and more appropriately put behind bars for the obscene robberies they have commited against this nation...

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-11-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Gee isn't this a surprise?

Just before confirmation by those who have the most to loose if the Fed does get audited or actually moved under control of some sort, he says " Oh no, leave them alone!".

Lame

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Looks like were on the edge here he has warned congress before and this is probally thier final warning.

As soon as they start the audit they will crash the U.S. dollar it sbasically just what they want so they can use the new world currency.

But the problem is we will have to wait until they decide to give us the new currency and every one will probally need a chip as well we are not ready and are years away.

A lot of stuff could happen when the dollar crashes like riots, people starving, The Revolution etc.

This is a dangerous road but the only way to get rid of the Fed

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It reminds me of that scene in Blazing Saddles when the new sheriff put a gun to his own head and threatened to pull the trigger.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

"These measures are very much out of step with the global consensus on the appropriate role of central banks, and they would seriously impair the prospects for economic and financial stability in the United States," Bernanke wrote.

What about the American consensus on the appropriate role of central banks, Benny? Or did you forget about us?

I guess it's a foregone conclusion that we are now a part of a global governance system... huh? See how that just tumbled off his tongue without even a flinch?

That statement reminds me of when my kids say: See mom? Everyone else is doing it." Well, they always get the same response from me... "I don't care about everyone else.. you're not going to do it." They've stopped saying that.

[edit on 28/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Congress should not nominate that SOB. He's making economical threats all the time. He's an economic terrorist.

Congress, do the right thing and don't confirm him. Then starts investigations on his butt and send him to jail, if not execution for all his treasonous actions.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well, ages ago, they would have put in the leverage to make sure that if they go, we go. These guys are slick and smart.

I'm sure they can trigger any number of "effects" if they feel their power is threatened.

Like a corporation with a Poison Pill clause in the event of a hostile takeover, they probably have some dirty trick up their sleeve to make you wish you had left them alone in the event you mess with their turf.

What's strange is that this is obviously a national security issue, a huge one, and no one seems to mind. So if the military and intelligence communities don't seem to care, then what's to worry about? Bankers can't hold the guy with the guns hostage, so it must be the other way round....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

money.cnn.com...

Fed chief Ben Bernanke is expected to win confirmation to a second term. But it won't be pretty. The push in Congress to rein in the central bank is gaining steam.

Congress has to make it look like they gave it a fight... but the end result will be his confirmation.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What a bullie he is , I despise mean people. I can't wait to see him thrown into a dungeon...and left to rot with all the others that trashed our country .

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slipknotrules2009
This is a dangerous road but the only way to get rid of the Fed

Indeed.

It all depends on how people will react to the suffering they will go through. If we all pull together and help each other, we won't need to be "saved". But if we take their "safety package" we will just end up on our knees before them again.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Absolutely my brotha.

If people begin to commune in larger numbers, putting together community gardens, bartering, trading skills, etc., we may eventually be able to cut away from this completely fraudulent I.O.U. system of perpetual debt that these henchmen have been holding the masses hostage with for so long. It will not be easy, but it CAN be done. And I think it may be time for it to become necessitated.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, just days ahead of his confirmation hearing, is warning Congress that actions limiting the central bank's independence could prove detrimental to the causes of financial reform and economic recovery.
OP

Ahhh, the old familiar, tried and true politics of FEAR. If you take, or attempt to take away our godlike powers over your lives, it will damage the economy even more.

The most frightening aspect of his predictions is the fact that as long as the FED retains those godlike powers, they have the ability to make them come true. it's a catch 22 and either way it will be detrimental for We The People.

Among the ideas he supports is development of a special bankruptcy procedure for firms "whose disorderly failure would threaten the integrity of the financial system -- to ensure that ad hoc interventions of the type we were forced to use last fall never happen again."
OP

At least we know that there is a plan. I wonder what exactly, are the details of such a plan would entail in the inevitable caused and controlled demise of the dollar. What measures would be in place under a "special bankruptcy procedure" on a national level.

Helicopter Ben, a nickname he got for likening FED printing to flying around throwing money from a helicopter, should himself be thrown from a helicopter

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

it's my opinion that of the 12 Federal Reserve Districts, headquarters

Only the NY FED is guilty of willful wrongdoing, the NY FED is the lead Scion with a few select WallStreet firms in the conspiracy
(i know you all know the Banks/investment firms i speak of)

The NY FED, along with Bernanke and the dozen-or-so PrimaryDealer Banks....have taken control over the US Treasury ~ if that's even possible

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

He needs to be fired and the lot of them need to be gotten rid of. I'm tired of being told that we don't need to know what they're doing with our money. I want to end the fed. Yes. I think the American people at least have a right to more scrutiny over the fed's monetary policy. I mean, and when they say that they're politicizing the fed and all of it that's a bunch of BS, they did the whole bailouts thing with the approval of the executive branch... so... I mean like come on now. No one should take Ben Bernanke seriously anymore.

He's plainly and simply just an economic terrorist. So of course he would make a lot of threat and telling us the dollar will end if we scrutinize the fed. He just doesn't want his ponzi scheme game to end and he knows what will happen if the American people find out about it and their role in it.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is my post from previous thread, (see bottom of this post), they are re-iterating a warning of what they are going to do to us if we keep messin' wit' dem'. We will get only 1 more warning, then, "KA_BLAM!" (grenade exploding).

Watch, Wait, Listen, prepare, then grab your 'you know what' and head for the hills, or be someones' "dinner", remember what Ted Turner said about us becoming "cannibalistic" after a very short time without the factories feedin us!

10, 9, 8, 7, (we're here now) are we havin' fun yet?

Originally posted by Keymaster1
The Pin Has Been Pulled ( RE: Hand Grenade )

Now, are you fast enough to clear the blast zone?

Remember, look down to my Signature.,

Joe Biden Quote, "Gird Your Loins" (har har)(actually NOT funny)

Will It Go Off, Or Is It A Dud?

Either way, poking a sleeping [(Insert your worst nightmare) in the form of an
Institution that controls our Monetary System], will bring it to at least a semi-consience state, no matter the outcome, WE WILL pay a price (what price/what cost) .

Since we're going to have to pay anyway, we might as well smash the thing into a million pieces, sweep up the pieces, and launch them into the sun! (hope it doesn't hurt the sun!)

On a side-real point, If I were a vindictive psychopathic global elite banking scum, I could think of a lot of ways to mess with a bunch of petty, know-nothing bureaucratic nim-nols', all the while making more dough than any of them could ever imagine, including aquireing everything they own or have ever owned.

But, since I'm not, I thought I might let you all into a line of thinking that just might be plausable, considering it is 'they' who already have done some of the most horrific things imaginable to us already! (use your imagination)

Good Night and Good Luck!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
When Andrew Jackson was trying to get rid of the previous Central Bank in the 1830s, the head of the Bank threatened the same thing, and when Jackson called his bluff, the Bank did in fact create a financial crisis. But the people saw through the Bank's manipulations, and sided with Jackson.

At the end of his life, Jackson stated that getting rid of the Bank was the most important thing he had done in his lifetime...but he warned that the Central Bank is like a many-headed hydra, and that it will try and come back. Took them about 60 years, but sure enough it was reborn as the Fed.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Our modern day Andrew Jackson is RON PAUL.

Hopefully the public at large will FINALLY smell through all of these criminal's lies as well, and side with Dr. Paul in auditing these crooks and tossing them the hell out of control of our monetary policy. They have robbed us all long enough. It is time for things to change...desperately.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Jackson was also the first President to face assassination. These people are scum. Let's hope they Reap what they've Sown.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So he is basically admitting the game is rigged..that he FED is in fact, in not so many words, stealing, corrupting, laundering money. its ounds like when chrysler chairman stated, not giving us bailout money, coud trigger a depression..they clsoed up anyway. wonder where all that tax payers bailout money went....chrysler*
Ben Bernenke is full of it, to the rim. serisouly he is trying to hide something BIG that were not supposed to know about, but have EVERY legal right to know..
should be interesting as audit the fed gains momentum...god do i hope it does* may justice and liberty show no mercy on her enemys*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join