It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia will deliver S-300 to Iran in two months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.hamsayeh.net...

www.tehrantimes.com...

Ok, so once this system is full operational the chances of a military airstrike on Iran nuclear facilities will probably go down. It is a very sophisticated system capable of targeting up to 100 jets at once...

Could this have Israel's alarm bells ringing? The window for a military strike is rapidly closing... Perhaps we will see a strike by christmas or early 2010 if this is true.

Anyone who has been following this issue might agree with me that it appears diplomacy is rapidly failing.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Echelon117]

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Echelon117]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, scary stuff, but the S-300 system is part of a larger deployment missile defense and or offense system.

On it's own it's not that effective, coupled with all the technology built with it however, it's a formidable system.

Russia is going to get some flack with this.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If you think Israel and the US haven't already adjusted their systems to counter the S-300 you haven't followed military technology very long.

This will just make for even more pieces of expensive scrap metal when the bombing begins.

Israel will never allow any of the Arab countries to develop nuclear weapons, a goal we should all share. Allowing Iran or any of these countries to develop nukes only insures we will see them used in war once again.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Pakistan has a nuke, Egypt has nukes...

Those are both Arab countries.....So it's not about them getting Nuclear weapons, this is about the leader of Iran not believing in the Hollocaust.

They've wanted Iran wiped from the map for the last 10 years.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well, scary stuff, but the S-300 system is part of a larger deployment missile defense and or offense system.

On it's own it's not that effective, coupled with all the technology built with it however, it's a formidable system.

Russia is going to get some flack with this.

~Keeper

What on earth are you talking about. This system is as capable as the Patriot defence system - it is an encapsulated system - your just posting to sound like you know what you are talking about. It is a mobile, self contained defence system.....the only system better is the s-400 and NO ONE has that other than the Russians.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Wow, way to make an assumption about me my friend. Keep your panties on it's just ATS.

And your right I don't know what I am talkinga bout, I actually read it from another member a few months ago who posted quite the nice reply in a similar thread about S300's to which he provided some great sources.

Forgive me for not being an expert yet giving an opinion.....

Might you try adding something to the conversation?

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hmm, I doubt this is true....

The delivery deadline has already passed, but the Russian side has cited technical problems which it said it was working on to fix,"" Sajjadi added. ""We feel that this question will be resolved within one to two months.""

and...

Tehran's envoy to Moscow says.

Until the Russian's state it will be delivered, I doubt any barking by regime officials can change anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
A few years ago i spent some time reading newspapers on microfilm from the late 1930's...famous people were constantly being asked if they thought there would be a war in Europe..opinions were mixed...
This time it is different.Everyone knows there will be a war.Israel has been making threats about attacking Iran for the last 5 years.
The Iranians have had plenty of time to get ready and I have no doubts that they have been READY for several years .
Israel's problem is WATER...They are going to run out down the road a few years from now.In order to prosper and survive as a nation it has to take control of territory outside it's borders and Iran knows this.Israel is only 75 miles long from north to south..Iran is gigantic in comparison.
I do not think the outcome of an attack on Iran is a sure thing for Israel ,even if the US military helps them out.
So I think delivery of this or that new weapons system by Russia is a smokescreen.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
TBH i think russia should just get it out the way give em the s-400 and plans for the s-500 watch them fail at building s-500 and taunt the iranians with there weaponry that they gave them and how they fail at building anything
no im only kidding about the s-500 s-400 would be awesome thoughthey'd praticly BEG israel to attack them to just hit a few fighters lol

new topics

top topics

join