It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. was 'hell bent' on Iraq war, U.K. envoy says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

U.S. was 'hell bent' on Iraq war, U.K. envoy says

www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON - The United States was "hell bent" on a 2003 military invasion of Iraq and actively undermined efforts by Britain to win international authorization for the war, a former British diplomat told an inquiry Friday.

Jeremy Greenstock, British ambassador to the United Nations from 1998 to 2003, said that President George W. Bush had no real interest in attempts to agree on a U.N. resolution to provide explicit backing for the conflict.

The ex-diplomat, who served as Britain's envoy in Iraq after the invasion, said serious preparations for the war had begun in early 2002 and took on
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well this is just kind of another echo to what we already knew, that the US did want to go to war with Iraq regardless of the consequences or the reasons behind it, they just needed one.

Several nations had hoped to stall the invasion of Iraq to allow U.N. weapons inspectors more time to search for evidence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction — the key justification for the war. No such weapons were ever found.

Yet Bush's inner circle cared little about what international allies thought and refused to halt plans to invade in March 2003, Greenstock said. He said even Blair was unable to persuade Bush, winning only a brief hiatus of two weeks.

Now, I kind of doubt that Tony would have been that opposed to it, but then again I don't find the UK to have ever been as arrogant as the George W administration.

Interesting topic none the less.

Thoughts anyone?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

what are your thoughts on the upcoming war with Iran and Israel ? Do you think that the US will become involved? Or is Obama going to betray Israel?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I really wonder just WHY the MSNBC is 'updating' this AP story...?

could it be to remind the populace that GW & the band of neocons
with their PNAC policies...actually hijacked the American gov't.

And we should not complain too awful loud about the Barrack Obama policies...

talk about back-lash, whip-saw, blow-back, etc.
we are, right now, in the midst of it !

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Israel Versus Iran

I think they will do everything possible to stop Israel from taking pre-emptive action. Simply because they won't be able to help Israel. They don't have the manpower or the money to do so right now.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Israel Versus Iran
reply to post by tothetenthpower

what are your thoughts on the upcoming war with Iran and Israel ? Do you think that the US will become involved? Or is Obama going to betray Israel?

Lol you are off topic here, you need to create your own thread and ask that question.

On topic, yes it was already general knowledge Bush was hellbent for Iraq war without any reason or consequences. Too bad he got away with committing war crimes and crimes against humanity, not to mention destroying thousands of American lives, millions of Iraqi lives and livelihood just for oil, profit for his colleagues and business interests.

I sincerely hope and wish he pays for it along with Rumsfield and Dick Cheney before he dies. By that I don't mean torture him like he got the Iraqi's tortured and raped, I mean held in International Criminal Court and prosecuted and sentenced.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"I really wonder just WHY the MSNBC is 'updating' this AP story...? And we should not complain too awful loud about the Barrack Obama policies..."

Obama policy like sending tens of thousands more troops to Afghanistan, another criminal war started by the previous NeoCon Administration. These so called liberal media outlets rip apart the Bush Administration for starting these wars, but say nothing about the current administration's plans to extend and prolong these same wars. This is the kind of Kool Aid you can only feed to a clueless American public.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Republican and Democrat is just Good Cop, Bad Cop on a bigger scale.

the Obama presidency will follow the same plan as the previous administration did but with a blue collar tint to it.

just like the old song "meet the new boss same as the old boss"

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How enlightening!

Wonderful thing having this U.K. envoy informing the world of something nearly everyone not living under a rock on the moon already knew.

Where is the U.K. envoy to inform us that the Obama administration is "hell bent" on destroying the USA?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So where did all the blind Bush-lovers go on this forum? They used to be everywhere.

Rhetorical question. Here's the answer: in the Anti-Global Warming threads.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

He will be about 5 years late I assume, that's usually how these work out.

Don't address the problem till band aids have been applied to the point where you can no longer see the root cause, and then casually "blame" somebody for them later one when there's nothing you can do.

~Keeper

top topics

join