It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{GENEVA}Cars burned, windows broken at trade protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

[GENEVA]Cars burned, windows broken at trade protest

www.msnbc.msn.com

GENEVA - Police with water cannon fired tear gas and rubber bullets Saturday to separate violent demonstrators from a protest opposing a meeting of top world trade officials, but the hooded “black bloc” activists were able to cause damage before 14 were arrested.

The protesters set fire to at least four cars, broke shop windows and committed other acts of violence Saturday, police spokesman Patrick Puhl said.

Geneva Police Chief Monica Bonfati said officers arrested four looters in addition to the protesters. No injuries to police or protesters were reported, but an 80-year-old women
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well that's interesting. Not a mention on any other news sites as far as I can tell.

I wonder why they are protesting this time? Ohh right, cause we want our economic freedom back. Silly me.

The clashes occurred during a march by demonstrators protesting a meeting of the World Trade Organization scheduled to start Monday, in which the United States, China and other commercial powers will spearhead a new attempt to find ways to revive world trade and drag the global economy out of recession.

Well I think they mean how to keep it into recession and drag the global economy in deeper.

But that's just my opinion.

What about you all, thoughts?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Switzerland has an extremely violent riot police, using teargas/water-mix throwers, gum-shotguns and stuff.
pigbrother.info... , here are some examples of unnecessary police violence, which causes terrible injuries, VERY graphic pictures. They tried to take down this homepage very often btw.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Good eye, This in theory could relate to a previous thread about g20 anarchists really being cops from the local area.
Economic freedom I knew something was missing.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It is not just an opinion, free trade and unfair trade practices is what has brought the great American nation to its knees economically, without a revive in productivity and industries we will be heading more and more into a deeper crisis with no jobs and more people depending on an over stressed hand me down government.

We can not longer survive as a nation of consumers that now lie unemployed and destitute.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree with you 100%. It's because of the FTC among other organizations that have given us our present circumstance, and I completely support their right to protest.

I just don't like the violence, but the more and more I look at it, it seems it will be the ONLY way to move forward and have them listen.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What does it take to wake people up? Anyone notice that the police always side with the corporations against the people?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Well it's a matter of money.

The corporations control the money, therefore control the police. People are the biggest bought and sold commodity on the planet.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Well it's a matter of money.

The corporations control the money, therefore control the police. People are the biggest bought and sold commodity on the planet.

~Keeper

A good friend of mine is a cop and he always says, "Police are here to protect the rich from the poor."

Corporations get human rights because they are legally defined as "persons". HUMAN RIGHTS!!!!! For a fictional entity. Might as well give Donald Duck human rights. Well, at least Donald Duck has a personality and doesn't go around the world causing trouble, polluting, putting people out of work and hiring slave labor.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
found some footage on youtube regarding the protests in Geneva

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Alter-globalization movement is quite widespread in Western Europe. Its ranging from academia to real terrorist groups in Greece. It consist of wide spectrum of - often quite vague - ideologies. This spectrum is thus very fragmented to hundreds of different groups. Only minority of them use violence as strategy and, at same time, many of these violent groups are infiltrated by police and or intelligence IMO. But yes, there are authentic violent left-wing groups.

There is still accelerating push to militarize police - same as in USA.

Just found bit more info on RawStory:
Cars burn in Geneva as police, protesters clash ahead of WTO conference

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
finally! some REAL butt kciking action...im tired, TIRED of our leaders getting together and settling things with a pen* isnt that what banks do, to screw you outta money? sign yuor name! problem??oh! you didnt read the fine print*
too bad they got arrested...gotta be quick on your feet, and eyes

new topics

top topics

join