It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone so afraid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I do not understand why everyone is so afraid of Zeitgeist Addendum or the Venus Project? We have problems, everyone is perfectly aware of that fact, but no one wants to do anything. If someone comes up with some kind of a solution they are instantly flamed. I am starting to feel like everyone wants the NWO to take over, its like our identities depend on having turmoil in society. Just mention human beings working together to solve problems and everyone gets scared.

What is wrong with wanting to use technology to feed a starving human? To get healthcare to a person who needs it? To get clean water to people who need it? To give someone a place to live? To take care of our home?

I don't understand, a movement calls for better education, the exact opposite of what the NWO wants; and everyone runs away scared. The NWO uses scare tactics to falsely unite us, and The Venus Project is NWO propaganda?

The same people touting the fact the we are being dumbed-down, stupefied, and manufactured for ignorance are afraid of the idea of having the resources to educate human beings to the highest means possible.

Fredrick Douglass wrote in his autobiography that the one thing is master feared more than anything was him learning to read, and thereby becoming educated because it would make him "unfit for slavery." So a movement calls for higher standards of education and its NWO propaganda?

Then we're all afraid of a one world government.

Either we are going to have an Orwellian/military ruled one world government, or we're going to have humans working together to help one another.

Its simply personal decision.

So why all the fear?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

In my case, it's got nothing to do with fear - just a rejection of ideas that make no sense.

See the other zeitgeist thread for the explanation. We don't need 2 ZM threads, methinks.

come on over. i'll try to be as respectful as possible.

peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Because people are always afraid of change.

Also the fact that most of these anti NWO vids and websites etc are made by Americans that are clearly afraid of stepping down as world leaders and losing their empire to a multipolar world.

But mainly because most people are always afraid of change and the unknown.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Come on over guys -

the mods will blend these threads at some point, i imagine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Human beings at this point are not ready for real change, we first have to fix the problems we have. These all can be mostly fixed today but the tb do not want it for some reason, maybe they are waiting for a better time, lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I imagine everybody wants to change the world. Start by being the change you want to see. Its the only way to really change things, at least in my opinion.

People can work together to reduce starvation or corruption but they always have and its not going anywhere. This is because its within every human being.

So im not a believer in working together actually, however strange that may sound to some people. I think everyone needs to change themselfs (if they wish) and then the rest will follow naturally because we are the ones who make up this world.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Good post. I think one reason people in the USA are afraid is because for years we saw a government that sought to break the trust between generations. That would include robbing/borrowing from social security and making sure that government programs that involve the trust between generations fail by defunding them or robbing like what we have already seen done. I think the biggest fears I see today involve that lack of trust between generations and I think it was deliberately broken by previous administrations and House majorities.

The older folks who have not yet reached the age of 65 will not enjoy their retirement, wealth or power as other generations have because so many have been devastated or frozen in place by the fear of high medical bills, etc. It seems to me a deliberate plan and I hope and pray we can turn it around and assure younger people that we have their backs too and that their hard work will pay off someday.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

We are not afraid, Zeitgeist is just comunism mixed with bad sci-fi and a misunderstanding of basic human behavior and basic economic principles.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

I'm giving you a star HotSauce.

Despite our back and forth yesterday, I like your approach (could have something to do with how I've noticed we actually agree on the important stuff).

Nicely and succinctly stated.

Here's an olive branch.

peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Hey no need for an olive branch. I was never upset at you in the first place. I realize I am not going to agree with everything anyone believes and I don't expect anyone to agree with me on every subject.
You have been on my friends list for a while and I have had no intention to change that.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I tell you what I'm sick off - running water trough two filters in central london before drinking and still not sure that i drink floride, chloride and other poison dtug crap free water

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
the topics should not be merged///
the other topic is wild theories about zeitgeist...

this one is in a completely different context...

when only one topic is allowed, you end up with a bunch of folks calling each other idiots...

anyways, my personal opinion why people are afraid of this movie is because Alex Jones talked alot of trash about it...

people straight worship this dude for some reason...
he clearly clowns on anybody that tries to release conspiracy documentaries and isn't down with being "on his team"...
not many people knocked this series till AJ started running off at the mouth//

it is the first documentary of its type, thatt list problems then tries to give you solutions to the problems... most other documentaries that are made, are made for the purpose to scare people... all doom and gloom, no message of hope...

that scares people that have gotten rich off of internet conspiracy theories...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

This thread is clearly a response to the other, and belongs as part of the other. People are going to debate it either way.

And although the Jones interview was wretched, the ZM folks are even more intolerant of opposing views. At least Jones lets people ciriticise him on his website, whereas at the ZM boards, they eventually ban you.

I don't fear the ZM. I just think it's a fraud, a sham, and now a cult, led by an undereducated charlatan and a fake scientist.

I don't fear it - I despise it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

it's nice that you have had a better experience...

i was a member of prison planet when it was a pay site....

i was banned pretty much everytime I made a post...

tried to call into the show once, and was cut off after my first question and called "a piece of NWO scum"

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

o, i don't hang there anymore. the level of discussion is really sad.

and yes, jones has a history of going nutty on people who disagree with him i used to watch him on public access tv back in Austin 5 or so years ago - it used to be so bad i had to change the channel.

he's gotten a little bit better. he just doesn't enter the forums - but he doesn't want to be associated with censorship at this point in time.

i feel you though. those boards are the dirty slums of the alternative news world.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by dalan.

We are not afraid, Zeitgeist is just comunism mixed with bad sci-fi and a misunderstanding of basic human behavior and basic economic principles.

I would really like to know how the Zeitgeist Movement is Communism? Communism in practice means that the state basically controls every aspect of production. Usually resulting in one leader having all of the power.

A "Communism" has to survive in a monetary based system.

"Communism" was Karl Marx's answer to the series of class struggles that he saw throughout history. It was suppose to be the rise of the LABOURERS...I thought the whole premise of the Zeitgeist movement was to free people from labour? Something that Communism does not try to do?

Education in a Communism is based only on a need-to-know-basis, the exact opposite of the premise of The Venus Project.

Anyone who comapres the Zeitgeist movement to communism has no basic understanding of communism.

Basic economic principles? What do you mean, Fractional Reserve banking? That's interesting, figuring that in the film Zeitgeist Addendum Peter Joseph uses the book Modern Money Mechanics to break down "economic prinicples." The book was printed by the Federal Reserve... who would understand "economic principles" better than them? Surely not the private bank that issues America's currency? So if Peter Joseph has no understanding of "economic principles" you are really accusing the Federal Reserve of not understanding monetary policy, because that is where Peter Joseph got his information.

Bad Sci-fi? What part of it specifically?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

I tell you what I'm sick off - running water trough two filters in central london before drinking and still not sure that i drink floride, chloride and other poison dtug crap free water

You could look up how to make an at-home-distillery-set?

new topics

top topics

join