It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn how to spike a drink the CIA way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

www.independent.co.uk

Forget poison-tipped umbrellas and exploding cigars. At the height of the Cold War, the CIA issued its top spooks with a more prosaic piece of equipment: a beginner's guide to magic, educating them in the old-fashioned arts of conjuring and sleight-of-hand.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.harpercollins.com
netwo rk.nationalpost.com
www.examiner.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
CIA manual on 'trickery and deception' co-written by famed magician
Secret CIA 'magic' manual from Cold War era on saleSecret CIA 'magic' manual from Cold War

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is so cool - the CIA using a magic manual for covert tips and tricks. I used to do some illusion shows for Birthday parties and special events. And I always loved the way a magic trick blindsides you. Just when you think A is going to happen, it ends up being X! Something you would have never thought of. I have a 14 yr old Son who I think would make a great CIA agent, he's all about high tech spy equipment and weapons. HAHA! Kind of makes it hard to sleep at night...

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I cannot believe that some author would accuse our CIA of committing deceptive practices.

(for the irony challenged, this was sarcasm).

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
good thread ! ... star and flag ...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Yeah really, and who would ever believe that the government would deceive anyone, especially us right?

I mean come on!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
oldest tricks in teh book really.

beside,s most effective methods of distraction esp when dealing with men? boobs.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
oldest tricks in teh book really.

beside,s most effective methods of distraction esp when dealing with men? boobs.

Huh? What? Where??!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sagestranger

Interesting thread - just make sure the CIA don't spike your drink with Quinunclidinyl Benzilate - they've used it before and it doesn't sound very pleasant:

The horrific experiments conducted by the army and CIA at Edgewood Arsenal and Mcgill University,unchecked by any responsible authority,only got worse.
By 1959 ,'___' was a sideshow,compared with another chemical: Quinunclidinyl Benzilate, or B.Z.
Incredibly,this drug possessed effects far more profound than '___' and which lasted for three days,although effects lasting as long as six days occurred at times.
Between 1959 and 1975,an estimated 2,800 U.S. Soldiers were given B.Z. at Edgewood Arsenal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
S&F! Heh, Learn something new everyday!...

Meanwhile shoelaces can be used to pass on a range of different messages, depending on the way in which they're tied. A chapter in the book outlines how different knots can mean "I have information", "Follow me", and "I have brought another person."

They never suspect the shoes.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

current deputy CIA director John McLaughlin writes that "magic and espionage are kindred spirits",....

Ah, yes. The mage of deceit; the mage of chaos. Haven't the magi always been running the show?

The Urim and Thummim and the Eight Ball Ephod.

It all began with the Mystery Cult and grew into the many secret societies we have today. That's why they call themselves Ancient Orders.

What is the battle of armageddon except the sheep waking up to turn on every Mage Presenter?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

I understand Urim and Thummim but what do you mean by Eight Ball Ephod? Never heard it referred to in that way before.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

[edit on 28-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

How the heck do I imbed a video?

I tried copying the numbers after the 'watch' in the url, but as you can see, it didn't take....

any help?

ok. got the vid to work..

now i just can't seem to be able to also reply to a comment using text in addition to the video....

o well.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

current deputy CIA director John McLaughlin writes that "magic and espionage are kindred spirits",....

Ah, yes. The mage of deceit; the mage of chaos. Haven't the magi always been running the show?

It all began with the Mystery Cult and grew into the many secret societies we have today. That's why they call themselves Ancient Orders.

What is the battle of armageddon except the sheep waking up to turn on every Mage Presenter?

Check out the avatar of the OP! He's a NWO freemason!

Remember, the devil will tell you a thousand truths, to make you believe one lie.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Check out the avatar of the OP! He's a NWO freemason!

Remember, the devil will tell you a thousand truths, to make you believe one lie.

haha - are you calling me the devil because I'm a freemason? I'm a 32degree Scottish Rite and Knights Templar York Rite mason. Also just finishing up a year as Worshipful Master in my local lodge. I know nothing of a NWO, if I'm a part of that I haven't been told.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Although this sounds like an interesting document to read,I bet its not as badass as another gem from the CIA called

"the CIAs book of dirty tricks."

That one is pretty nasty,and can be downloaded free if you look it up in google.
One "trick" I read in there was one of a number of ways to "unhinge" a suspect/target-simply dribble a wide circle of bleach around someones house under cover of darkness,wait a few days until the subject notices a ring of dead gras/plants round the house,then send a fake environmental officer round,to tell them they just found out the house is built on an old radioactive waste dump,which is leaking...

Bizarre or what?

top topics

join