It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian train wreck 'an act of terror'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Russian train wreck 'an act of terror'

www.cnn.com

Moscow, Russia (CNN) -- Investigators have found "elements of an explosive device" at the site of the derailment of an express train in Russia and believe an act of terror caused the deadly incident.

The derailment killed at least 26 people and injured about 100, but there was no immediate word on who or what group might have been behind the action.

"One can say with certainty that that was indeed an act of terror," Vladimir Markin, spokesman for the investigative committee of the Russian prosecutor's office, told CNN.

He would not elaborate on exactly what kind of "elements of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well that is interesting isn't it?

An act of terror on the Kremlin's ground's eh? I wonder who will be responsible. Let's hope it's just some extremist splinter group and not related to the Taliban.

This would definetly give Russia a reason to start military action, or at least consider it against whoever has done the act.

But is this really a terrorist act?

There is substantial evidence I guess, the crater underneath the rail road bed for one and also the explosive material they found.

Any thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Gee, who do you think it would be? Probably the same separatists that have conducted similar attacks against Russia in the past.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Maybe they will blame the Mossad? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

That's what I am assuming. Russia has it's fair share of people who aren't happy with the way things are going.

But this could be pinned on anybody for the sake of moving plans along.

Scary stuff.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hey mate, I read this earlier.

First thought was that it is most likely an accident that the Kremlin is trying to use to its advantage.

No offence intended to Russia(ns) but I seriously doubt most things that come from their country, but then I guess I doubt everything from everywhere lol!

It will be very interesting to keep an eye on this situation and see who they try to pin this on.

Then we'll have to check to see which former Soviet Country has been making noises about becoming more independent...that's the usual procedure!

All the best, Kiwifoot!

[edit on 28-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow, that was one lightning quick investigation which concluded it was an act of terror. Kind of reminds you of 9/11, where terror conclusions were already etched in stone without any investigation being done. I hope the Russians do not ship the scrap metal off to China or India, before it has a chance to be analyzed.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I could be chasing a ghost here...

but why do you think when a tragedy happens in the USA - its called an accident

But If it happens ANY WHERE ELSE in the world - its an act of terrorism?

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Yeah all those old Soviet Generals PO'd cause they aren't the wonderful Soviet Union anymore.

I am assuming that's the way it will go. However, if they want to step up pressure on countries like Pakistan or Iran, they can always blame them for having ties to such an organization or providing them with funding, or arms.

It's a slippery slope when NOBODY claims responsibility in the first few days, they can just make it up.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
wow, I'm glad to see all of you judging Russia's ability to provide information to the public. Since when has the US government been reliable? or for that sake, any other nation?

I would much rather trust Russians who have nothing to hide or fear.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I always find it most interesting when an undeclared act of terrorism is identified.

How can it be terrorism? To what end?

Perhaps it was just a crime. They still have those in the world right? Or is everything now terror?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
wow, I'm glad to see all of you judging Russia's ability to provide information to the public. Since when has the US government been reliable? or for that sake, any other nation?

I would much rather trust Russians who have nothing to hide or fear.

Very true, thus:

but then I guess I doubt everything from everywhere

See?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I always find it most interesting when an undeclared act of terrorism is identified.

How can it be terrorism? To what end?

Perhaps it was just a crime. They still have those in the world right? Or is everything now terror?

I agree, there is no need to classify it as an act of terror if no terrorist group has made claim to it.

I mean grant it ,I guess they could classify it as such if more than a few people conspired to do so, but they could have a serial bomber on their hands, just some disgruntled Russian with a bone to pick.

Either way, this is way to soon to be classified as anything but tragic, and the fear and propaganda campaign continues.

I wonder what the Russian newspapers are saying about this?

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yep, you and Maxmars make good points, it is quite odd for terrorism to occur without someone claiming responsibility.

A terror act without the public not knowing who is terrorising them, what cause, which organisation...is quite frankly pointless!

Unless it is just a crime!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Two Chechen's were reported near the area, before the accident. However, other reports speculate Georgian extremist.

Either way, an unsuspecting town or village will be shelled by the Russians.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
there is conflict between georgia and Russia, Georgian and Chechens for Russia is the same like Irakis, Palestines etc to US ( they call themselves 'freedom-fighters', but the giants calls them 'terrorists') as long as muslimanity excist it will always be this way. somebody have to declare a war on religion.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey guys

unconfirmed news is that this was done by WHO or elements related to WHO/NWO for russia thinking to withdraw from WHO due to swine flu vaccine

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think it's probably the Chechens or it was just a random act of crime. Just because it's a violent act doesn't mean it's a terrorist attack... as others have said. I see this potentially being used to beef up security in Russia and making them more tough on crime and beefing up their police force there.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There were high profile victims...

The Chairman of the Russian Federal Reserve was Among the Victims of the Train Bombing Terrorist Attack.

According to Vesti.Ru among the victims of the explosion was Boris Evstratikov who was the chairman of the Federal Reserve of Russia. Also businessmen Sergei Tarasov CEO of company Rosavtodor – giant in road construction in Russia. The high profile of the victims may suggest different path for the investigation. No group has yet took responsibility for the bombing.

It could have been Chechen terrorists, but it could also have been nazis or mafia. Whoever did this, went after "the elite"...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Nice investigative work Hellmut, there is the reason for the attack. But who did it? government....competito contractors....Federal reserves? its wiffy, and I would not get invlolved in business in Russsia myself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join