It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater: Murderous Crusaders for Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just to be clear....

This is NOT a thread about Bush nor Obama, so please try to keep the partisan trash talk to a minimum. This thread is about BLACKWATER/ XE.

Say what you want about Olbermann, he gets on my nerves too, but this Scahill cat has invested a great deal of himself into investigating this company, and I regard him as credible.

Although I have never been employed by this particular company, I have worked with a few of their direct competitors, and I have had occasion to interact with many of their people in theater. And for what it's worth, I believe this story.

This is spooky stuff, and companies such as this, should be of concern to all of us.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What is the big deal about mercenaries? Dead is dead.

Killing is killing in war time. Is there really a politically correct way to kill?

I cannot remember a time in my life that we did not have mercenaries.

As long as we are fighting an enemy I feel mercenaries are necessary.

This does not mean I condone war and killing. But in a war situation I like my team to have the upper hand and every advantage possible.

Is there a just war? Is it OK to kill our fellow man? Of course not.

But if we find our government has put us in the position to fight for our very lives then all is fair in my opinion.

Killing the enemy is the name of the game. It does not matter who pulls the trigger.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Meh. Plain old mercenaries are as old as man and probably necessary. Dominionist mercenaries...now that's a bit more troublesome, eh?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Sawed off Semi-Automatic Machine-guns"? NOTHING in this sentence makes sense at all. Someone tell Olbermann to get an education on weaponry.

On Topic:

Aside from what I wrote above I must say that Olbermann's story is 98% dead on. Blackwater is the ugly stain on America's war record in Iraq. And crimes are STILL being committed using tax-payer dole. You are right to call for a non-partisan debate on this issue as Bush certainly loved his little Christian crusade army, and Obama is granting them new contracts to Iraq despite the Iraqi parliament kicking them out on the basis of murder, rape, and a number of what can be considered terrorist attacks.

If you ever see them on the streets, you know what to expect.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
What is the big deal about mercenaries? Dead is dead.

Killing is killing in war time. Is there really a politically correct way to kill?

I cannot remember a time in my life that we did not have mercenaries.

As long as we are fighting an enemy I feel mercenaries are necessary.

This does not mean I condone war and killing. But in a war situation I like my team to have the upper hand and every advantage possible.

Is there a just war? Is it OK to kill our fellow man? Of course not.

But if we find our government has put us in the position to fight for our very lives then all is fair in my opinion.

Killing the enemy is the name of the game. It does not matter who pulls the trigger.

If mercenaries kill people for the government and no one provides oversight and enforces accountability, they become a tool outside the Rule of Law. Now they are employed by your government and are killing foreigners.

But watch out! They may also be employed inside the USA. This has already happened during hurricane Katrina. Do you think their disregard for human life will vanish, once they are on American soil? Can you guarantee, that your leaders won't use them against unruly citizens?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
How can anyone not view the growth of a powerful mercenary army as a threat everyones security?

Are people totally ignorant of history? Any large armed force that is independent is capable of being deployed ANYWHERE for ANY reason - and with declining economic conditions they can build the ranks of such an army easily and relatively cheaply.

What happens when there are no wars to fight? Well, a war will be invented, or the mercenary army will simply deploy itself wherever it thinks best - as history has shown us over and over again.

These mercanries can be used to achieve things that regular troops cannot - thy are a way for governments to act illegally, and not be personally held accountable - the mercenaries become scapegoats.

The above poster has it accurately - a huge mercenary army is a deadly danger - and it should be illegal for a govt to create one.

Consider that the 'brown shirts' were the facility for Hitlers rise to power - those guys were also bankrolled by the banksters/NWO.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hmmm, are you suggesting modern day, Knights Templars?

Run, do not walk with this idea to your nearest publisher.

You oughta make a million bucks, at least!

So, juicy!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This is a pretty bold statement:

BlackwaterUSA Owned and Operated by Sovereign Knights of Malta

I found it here:
letsrollforums.com...

SO what does it all mean?

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Alethea]

new topics

top topics

join