It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Britain's 'Greatest Generation' wonders where their country went.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Sarah Robinson was just a teenager when World War II broke out. She endured the Blitz, watching for fires during Luftwaffe air raids armed with a bucket of sand.

Often she would walk ten miles home from work in the blackout, with bombs falling around her. As soon as she turned 18, she joined the Royal Navy to do her bit for the war effort.

Hers was a small part in a huge, history-making enterprise, and her contribution epitomises her generation's sense of service and sacrifice.

Nearly 400,000 Britons died. Millions more were scarred by the experience, physically and mentally.

But was it worth it? Her answer - and the answer of many of her contemporaries, now in their 80s and 90s - is a resounding No.

Read the full article here.

"This isn't the Britan we fought for!"

I have spoken with many of the "greatest generation" and they all believe and state the same sentiments.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I read the article and even though I'm from the "baby boomer" generation, felt that there was more than just a grain of truth in the sentiments being expressed by those of the war-time generation.
War is one way of imposing a new culture and beliefs on a nation and suppressing it's own unique culture and heritage ... but surely unrestricted and unlimited immigration may be a far more insidious way of ending up with the same result.

It would be interesting to see some kind of population statistics for England that shows the percentage of the current population that are of foreign descent (e.g. Indian, Pakistani, African, Muslim, etc) compared to those immediately pre WWII.

I'm fairly certain we'd be very surprised at the figures with the associated disconcerting feeling that British heritage and culture are slowly being subsumed and integrated into a multi-racial melting pot.

In fact, will British heritage and culture as we used to know it even still exist in say, another 100 years time ?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
People fought and died in the trenches and in the Blitz for a free country... for a country without the same laws, PRECISELY THE LAWS that Gordon Brown and Tony Blair have brought in.

Remebrance Day has almost become an insult to their name when ceremonies are attended by folk who have destroyed precisely what they died for.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, WWII was s bankers scam anyway - there was never any intention of letting Germany invade Britain - it was done purely to create communist Russia - and pave the way for the creation of Israel.

The destruction of the country now by cultural suppression and dilution is an orchestrated plan to create a state for which no one will fight. it is to create a non unified nation which will not resist further erosion of freedoms.

I am not sure if it is too late or not - but parties like the BNP need to be supported. They will be vilified by the press - the controllers will attack them in every way - but they are the only hope - independent parties that confront the NWO's insidious agenda.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here's my take on what is going on with the cultural decline in the United States.

www.wirldzlamestblogger.blogspot.com...

Warning, it might contain some unpleasant language.

top topics

join