It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Movement = most hardcore NWO propaganda ever.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Peter Joseph's “Zeitgeist Movement” and cosponsor “Venus Project” are a hardcore front in the New World Order / Neo-Communist / Neo-Eugenicist-Transhumanist agenda.
thezeitgeistmovement.com...
www.thevenusproject.com...
ZM Manifesto

They call for:

1. Global Government.

2. AI Automatons replacing humans as workers.

3. AGI (‘Skynet’) Supercomuters controlling most aspects of politics and society, including rationing global resources to global citizens. If they actually thought this out they'd know that soon enough machines will need more resources than humans.

4. A Utopian Agenda that “Peter” claims isn’t Utopian, yet the ‘research institute’ even describes itself as being Utopian / Futurist. History proves that all forced utopias become dystopias.

5. Selfish Transhumanist agenda.

6. Cashless (non-backed by Gold/etc) economic system. A ‘Resource Economy’ has been tried before… in the Soviet Union.

7. Population Control. To meet these targets as policy sounds like a slippery slope to me.

8. The global government run by a global 'god-on-earth' AGI computer network to replace all world religions.

And that’s what I’ve gathered just glancing over it.

You should see some of the stuff in the ZM Forums

It’s already a worshipful, Cult-Of-Personality movement. Talk about cajones to attempt to name a global government movement after a viral video you put on the Internet. It would be like Alex Jones trying to start a ‘Terrorstorm Movement’, or Michael Moore trying to start a ‘SiCKO Movement’, except the Z Movement is vastly overarching beyond perhaps anything ever even remotely proposed by someone from the general public. Oh, except Peter Joseph [not his real name] (Peter, Joseph = biblical names) works for the news media.

Another interesting thing is that he claims that all humans can be re-educated to make them uncompetitive. The funny thing is even the Soviet Union was competitive. I'm not a fan of people's sports obsession and fanatacism, but it seems the first thing to go would be the right to play or watch sports. Talk about a slippery slope.

I see training people to be noncompetitive as a far more sinister means of controlling their every whim opposed to how disgusting it already is how TPTB use competitiveness to divert us with things like sports and other tribalistic nonsense. We need to be trained to cooperate with our looming machine overlords, because tribalism in human/machine affairs would be counter-productive to the Transhumanist agenda.

Discuss!

[edit on 28-11-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You pretty much summed it up about the Zeitgeist movement. What I find amazing is how all the lazy folk love the idea, because in their mind it creates a magical world where the government becomes their mommy and daddy and hands them whatever they want without making them work for it.

That and like 90% of the movement depends on all kind of tech that doesn't even exist yet.

It is like bad politics and bad sci-fi met and had a baby.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Your right, lets go backwards and try to live!
line2
line3

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
S&F!
Soon after the release of the second Zeitgeist 'documentary' I started reading some material on the exact subject that you have brought up here and I was pretty shocked and disillusioned, mainly because I thought "wow these people want an actual peaceful star trek like future with out poverty etc. etc." Now that people (I think) are for the most part more open minded and observant they can see these (more less) clever deceptions before they affect their beliefs and the decisions they make based on those beliefs, and for the rest... They just stay sheeple.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't believe Zeitgeist is NWO propaganda. The Zeitgeist movement is too much of a dead end and the movement is shrinking right now. Unless something drastically changed, it won't ammount to any kind of true change.

I have to make some corrections though.

There is no kind of population control in the Venus Project. They don't think that the Earth is over populated. But think that through education, the rate that the population increases wont be so radical.

The computer network does not control policy, it only controls how resources are managed. Really there are no laws. It would be like living as a Human-Being, any governing label of "Person." No governing body can control you. But you are subject to the ethics and consensus of your peers.

You can do what ever you want, so long as your ethical. If you go and do something stupid like kill someone, I doubt your local residents are going to be very happy with you.

The Zeitgeist Movement is a collaborative project. Yet it still needs leadership because humans in general don't know what to do with themselves unless someone tells them what to do. The Zeitgeist Movement is moving too slow and there's no viable output for the majority of people to put work in. I think if this was for the NWO, things would be moving much faster, and we would already have cities being built in the U.S.

I stopped participating in their forums though. Because the zeitgeist movement is full of some of the most ignorant people. I don't care what bias you have, but the arguments and exclaimations here are some of the most shallow I've read and there is a lot of hate in the people.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
That and like 90% of the movement depends on all kind of tech that doesn't even exist yet.

The scary thing is those pushing for world government (our rulers) are spending billions to make this technology a reality sooner than later. The military and head honcho muiltinational tech corporations are lockstep on this front. I can post tons of info in this regard...

For example:
*DARPA & IBM building a “global brain” “cognitive computer” for “monitoring people” in their "homes" and for monitoring the entire “world”.

ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
I don't believe Zeitgeist is NWO propaganda. The Zeitgeist movement is too much of a dead end and the movement is shrinking right now. Unless something drastically changed, it won't ammount to any kind of true change.

My argument is that its conditioning people to accept what the real NWO is already implementing... such as basically every item on that list. The AGI-Transhumanism technology side of things is a little less known to many people who havent reviewed my body of work, but thats what the NWO is truly all about. The rest all fits right in with what most already know.

The computer network does not control policy, it only controls how resources are managed.

a futuristic society where (adjust your seatbelts, now) machines would control government and industry and safeguard the planet’s fragile resources by means of an artificially intelligent “earthwide autonomic sensor system” — a super-brain of sorts connected to, yes, all human knowledge. link

The control of resources IS the control of policy.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The zeitgeist movement is not NWO order propaganda, in fact it is quite the opposite.

The zeitgeist movement is not about "doing nothing."

The NWO suppresses technology, they would not want a group of people who could sustain themselves with no need for any kind of a middle-man. The NWO would not want technically proficient humans, because then they would be geared with the means to actually solving problems.

The zeitgeist movement is not about "being lazy and getting smoething because Mommy and Daddy gave it to us," that already happens in our culture now. The Venus Project simply presents a new direction for us to take, a direction where we realize that we are either going to work together, or destroy ourselves.

How is it "laziness?" I am putting myself through college studying software development to WORK towards being able to help others in a positive way..

The NWO wants a world united by military force/police, cameras, laws, poverty, scarcity....the exact opposite of everything presented by the Venus Project.

This post is simply biased and based in assumption and fear.

"The zeitgeist movement is lazy people waiting for handouts..." that is the most ridiculous statement that I have ever read regarding the movement, it is clear that someone did not pay attention to the direction presented. Engineering, computer programming, psychology, sociology, architecture, design...these are not lazy means to an end, the are they most proficient.

This is why mankind cannot get anything done, people find a new direction to take and its flamed by people who are scared of it.

By the way, no one with the movement ever called for a "global government," just the realization that the mental borders that separate us are illusions, and they create the "us vs. them" mentality that is so easy to manipulate and cause war. We are all human and Earth is our home, no one in the movement is painting anyone as an "enemy combatant" or "terrorist," THAT IS NWO PROPAGANDA....

If you want to know if something is NWO propaganda just listen to see if they are trying to sell the idea that some "group" is a common threat of everyone. If fear is the uniting tactic then it probably is NWO based, but the zeitgeist movement is anything but a fear-based movement. It is the most hopeful approach that we have.

[edit on 11/28/2009 by dalan.]

[edit on 11/28/2009 by dalan.]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The control of resources IS the control of policy.

Well depends on how you look at that. If you consider policy to be law then no.

If policy is simply basic protocol depending on the status of a resource then yes.

Without mass population control, no system of policy can have any kind of detrimental impact on the people.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

2. AI Automatons replacing humans as workers.

Jobs are already outsourced to machines.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

The scary thing is those pushing for world government (our rulers) are spending billions to make this technology a reality sooner than later. The military and head honcho muiltinational tech corporations are lockstep on this front. I can post tons of info in this regard...

For example:
*DARPA & IBM building a “global brain” “cognitive computer” for “monitoring people” in their "homes" and for monitoring the entire “world”.

ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

That's because we use technology, the NWO would want technology to be controlled, they would want the majority to be uneducated as to how to actually use it, replicate it, manage it, create it...etc.

Education is everything, knowledge makes us "unfit for slavery..."

Just like Frederick Douglass said.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Star and flag for the OP. I cannot quite put so eloquently as opponents of Zeitgeist here, but having tasted the life in the USSR and researched a little (read being fed) some of the older revolutionary thoughts on the matter and how people were ready for a change from bad oppressors, this Venus Project (although sounds like a nice place to live) rings all kinds of alarming bells in my gut. dunno, could be irrational fear.

True rulers always wanted to hide from the plain site of peasants. Could you find a better illusion than Venus Project for them to hide?

Rulers? What rulers? We don't have any rulers, no government or anything only science and computers here, and all this coordinated directed effort of humanity toward a specific futuristic society happens by itself. If people were left alone, they’d form small communities which are very different from each other, not a monolith interconnected society that reminds of Borgs in Star Trek. BTW, Borg architecture is the only way Venus Project will be achieved IMO.

In the defense of Venus Project, I like the idea of science directing the fate of humanity instead of politicians, who learn from the cradle how to manipulate people. But humans will be humans yet for some time, thus this utopia will not lead to anything good. One of the main issues of the project is this idea of abundance. There will always be shortage of some sort, if not people will create it. It’s easy.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Definition of Utopia:

- a book written by Sir Thomas More (1516) describing the perfect society on an imaginary island
- ideally perfect state; especially in its social and political and moral aspects
- a work of fiction describing a utopia
- an imaginary place considered to be perfect or ideal

There is a difference between the concept of "utopia" and problem solving.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

Right, and there already isnt enough jobs. Machines do help, but when you hand control over to them, and task them with controlling resources, them being AGI, how long do you think until they decide we're a waste of resources?

That's because we use technology, the NWO would want technology to be controlled, they would want the majority to be uneducated as to how to actually use it, replicate it, manage it, create it...etc.

This response has nothing to do with what my comment and that video was. Watch the video. They're already building the exact machine needed for ZM, with part of its goal to monitor all earth systems and resources.

But in reponse to your response, when machines get the total takeover what do you think would happen in regards to "how to actually use it, replicate it, manage it, create it...etc."?

it is clear that someone did not pay attention to the direction presented. Engineering, computer programming, psychology, sociology, architecture, design...these are not lazy means to an end, the are they most proficient.

All equate to Social Engineering. Fresco is a Social Engineer. I dont want to be engineered. I dont want to be told what to do. I dont want my nature to be changed. I dont want to be led. I only want truth.

By the way, no one with the movement ever called for a "global government,"

No? The movement itself does:

Many believe that ethical standards and international laws will assure a sustainable global society.
What is needed is the intelligent management of Earth's resources for the benefit of all and protection of the environment.
We could easily create a world of abundance without servitude and debt through the creation of a global, resource-based civilization.
The Venus Project proposes plans for social change that work toward a peaceful and sustainable global civilization.
The Venus Project offers science and technology in the service of humankind on a global scale and eventually helps to eliminate all the artificial boundaries that separate people.
Computerized systems and cybernetics would be applied to the social system and must comply with the carrying capacity of our global resources. The machines' main purpose is for the manufacturing and distribution of goods and services while maintaining a clean environment with service to all and profits to none.
We need a global society based upon a practical blueprint acceptable to all of the world's people. We also need an international planning council capable of translating the blueprint and the advantages that would be gained by world unification.
If you fail to grasp the significance consider this: when the states joined together the militias disappeared at the borders and Americans were free of territorial disputes. This same process can be applied globally where all science and technology are utilized for the benefit of all of Earth's inhabitants.
The first experimental city or planning center will conduct a global survey of arable land, production facilities, transportation, technical personnel, population, and all other necessities required for a sustainable culture. This survey will enable us to determine the parameters for global planning for humanizing social and technological development, based on the carrying capacity of Earth and the needs of its people. This can best be accomplished with a constantly updated, computerized model of our planetary resources.
I must emphasize that this approach to global governance has nothing in common with the present aims of an elite few to form a world government with themselves at the helm, and with the vast majority subservient to them.
When computers eventually have sensors extended into all areas of the physical and social complex, we will be able to achieve centralization of decision-making. In a global resource-based economy, decisions would not be based on local politics but on a holistic problem solving approach.
This technology of industrial electronic feedback can be applied to the entire global economy.

And thats all just from one page.

So, sure, it sounds all cutsie and there wont be needs for prisons or whatever, but eventually it will need to be enforced to make it a reality, and then the utopia, like all others before it, will become dystopia. But once its applied on a global scale there will be nowhere to escape it, no refuge, no challenger nations to fight back.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If you want to know how crazy they are, watch the documentary Technocalyps, it's on youtube...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I agree.

The good and happy ending is false.

What will really happen is we will become slaves.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I could not agree with you more.

Thank you!

It's rehashed marxism. I spent enough time on the ZM boards to understand that it anti-democratic. It wants scientists to form an elite who decides what we can have. And this notion of robots doing all our jobs for us so we can writw poetry and play lutes all day is just silly.

I'm an acupuncturist. It requires extreme sensitivity in the fingertips. An ability to connect with subtle aspects of a person's behavior, and the ability to think creatively - the ability to see patterns of a non-linear nature. In many ways, it is more of an art than a science. No, it will never be done by a robot - not well, at least.

And my wife - she a behavioral therapist for children with autism. There's no way on earth a robot is going to teach kids with compromised social skills to better connect with other human beings. In fact, it would be antithetical by its very nature.

No, the idea is not grounded in reality.

I have personally tried to communicate with JF, and he won't return my emails, where all that I asked for, was the data that supported his ideas about abundance.

Bo, no data, and I've scoured their available literature. Yet, there are plenty of chances to click on a big yellow button so that you can give them money. Isn't that awesome?

Interesting observation on the NWO overlap. Theit schtick very much resembles the Club of Rome publication, 'The First Global Revolution', in which it is posited that due to problems with the environment (the parallel would be, resource management/ scarcity), we need a global authority - because democracy has failed us.

They both have an end game of a communist style dictatorship, in essence.

It's poison to the mind, and the 'believers' are as brainwashed and impervious to criticism as any other cult. In fact, if you try to critique the movie on their boards, you get rpidly 'thumbed down' by the community, and then when you get a certain number of thumbs, you're banned. Admin will harass you along the way, and try to get you to quit it. Which is ironic, considering how PJ says that he welcomes criticisms as a way to learn and grow.

They're completely FOS.

Avoid them like the plague, people. They're not on your side. At best, PJ is a demagogue, in it for the attention. At worst, they are working to subvert a rising populism, and use it for their own bizzare ends of a technocratic authoritarian state.

Bad stuff.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

The very idea that they believe human beings will magically cease all violence towards one another all because of this mythical - and scientifically unsupported- notion of abundance through robots, demonstrates how little they know about the science of behavior.

Scarcity doesn't even appear as a concept in the literature of Behaviorism. Other things are much stronger motivators, such as, attention. Status. Etc.

For people who claim to champion science, they are remarkably stingy with their data, and ill informed on the subjects they preach on.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueTruth

The very idea that they believe human beings will magically cease all violence towards one another all because of this mythical - and scientifically unsupported- notion of abundance through robots, demonstrates how little they know about the science of behavior.

I agree, and you are an excellent example why ZM will never work...

in fact no ideas of peaceful world will ever work because most of the people like to suffer and they are scared of the change for better, and this is where the real NWO
is coming in with their leader/slave solution masked as 'democracy' and 'freedom'

[edit on 28-11-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Right, and there already isnt enough jobs. Machines do help, but when you hand control over to them, and task them with controlling resources, them being AGI, how long do you think until they decide we're a waste of resources?

How long? Only until we decide to program them with that ability, and there it is, computers would have to be endowed with the programming to make decisions of that nature.

If we do not program them that way, then never.

Machines do help? I would hope so, without them we would not be having this conversation in this manner. You would not be able to go to the grocery at your convenience to get whatever food you can afford....without technology we would not have come as far as we have.

What did our evolution start with? Wasn't it our ancestors using primitive tools, or technology?

This response has nothing to do with what my comment and that video was. Watch the video. They're already building the exact machine needed for ZM, with part of its goal to monitor all earth systems and resources.

But in reponse to your response, when machines get the total takeover what do you think would happen in regards to "how to actually use it, replicate it, manage it, create it...etc."?

Computers can only calculate probabilities, they cannot force anyone to do anything. That requires sentience, something that they do not have.

it is clear that someone did not pay attention to the direction presented. Engineering, computer programming, psychology, sociology, architecture, design...these are not lazy means to an end, the are they most proficient.

All equate to Social Engineering. Fresco is a Social Engineer. I dont want to be engineered. I dont want to be told what to do. I dont want my nature to be changed. I dont want to be led. I only want truth.

And you are not being socially engineered right now right? Your fear of technology taking over does not come from the movies that we have been watching since we were children right? Terminator, The Matirx, Lawnmower Man...etc...

You don't want your nature to change, so you do not want to grow? Our only "nature" is growth and change. "Social engineering" simply means that if you grow up in a profit structure that engineers scarcity you are more likely to be socialized towards greed. "Social engineering" is a child that has been abused and is socialized towards emotional pain in later life. "Social engineering" is simply realizing that we are shaped by the environment that we are raised in and that we can change our environment to something more positive.

You are already "socially engineered."

By the way, no one with the movement ever called for a "global government,"

No? The movement itself does:

Many believe that ethical standards and international laws will assure a sustainable global society.
What is needed is the intelligent management of Earth's resources for the benefit of all and protection of the environment.
We could easily create a world of abundance without servitude and debt through the creation of a global, resource-based civilization.
The Venus Project proposes plans for social change that work toward a peaceful and sustainable global civilization.
The Venus Project offers science and technology in the service of humankind on a global scale and eventually helps to eliminate all the artificial boundaries that separate people.
Computerized systems and cybernetics would be applied to the social system and must comply with the carrying capacity of our global resources. The machines' main purpose is for the manufacturing and distribution of goods and services while maintaining a clean environment with service to all and profits to none.
We need a global society based upon a practical blueprint acceptable to all of the world's people. We also need an international planning council capable of translating the blueprint and the advantages that would be gained by world unification.
If you fail to grasp the significance consider this: when the states joined together the militias disappeared at the borders and Americans were free of territorial disputes. This same process can be applied globally where all science and technology are utilized for the benefit of all of Earth's inhabitants.
The first experimental city or planning center will conduct a global survey of arable land, production facilities, transportation, technical personnel, population, and all other necessities required for a sustainable culture. This survey will enable us to determine the parameters for global planning for humanizing social and technological development, based on the carrying capacity of Earth and the needs of its people. This can best be accomplished with a constantly updated, computerized model of our planetary resources.
I must emphasize that this approach to global governance has nothing in common with the present aims of an elite few to form a world government with themselves at the helm, and with the vast majority subservient to them.
When computers eventually have sensors extended into all areas of the physical and social complex, we will be able to achieve centralization of decision-making. In a global resource-based economy, decisions would not be based on local politics but on a holistic problem solving approach.
This technology of industrial electronic feedback can be applied to the entire global economy.

And thats all just from one page.

So, sure, it sounds all cutsie and there wont be needs for prisons or whatever, but eventually it will need to be enforced to make it a reality, and then the utopia, like all others before it, will become dystopia. But once its applied on a global scale there will be nowhere to escape it, no refuge, no challenger nations to fight back.

Cutsie? We are heading toward a "one world government" right now against our will. we're being forced into this (social engineering) by people who want control over every aspect of our lives. There would be nothing "governing" us in the Venus project direction. It would simply be applying the scientific method to social issues to actually solve problems to get rid of the control that we hate so badly.

Like I said the NWO is using, and has always used, fear tactics to "unify" us. There is a difference between being brought together forcibly and through fear, and realizing that although I live in America, the men and woman in China are still human and this is still their home. Its more beneficial for us to work together for the benefit of everyone, not just a select few. Which is exactly what we are doing now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join