It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Launches Movie Ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
From kpsplocal2.com

"The Federal Reserve is launching a new ad campaign Friday, aimed at providing consumers with some credit card usage tips ahead of the holiday shopping rush."

www.kpsplocal2.com...

From LA Times

Spots urging shoppers to use their credit cards wisely will be shown on big screens in 12 U.S. cities. The central bank has long been accused of neglecting its consumer protection duties. Reporting from Washington - The Federal Reserve isn't too popular these days, what with its failure to predict or prevent the financial crisis and recession, not to mention its involvement in last year's bailouts. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) has a bestselling book out called "End the Fed," and some lawmakers are looking to cut back the central bank's power.

It sounds like a perfect time for an ad campaign.

The Fed has made a 45-second public service announcement to help consumers use their credit cards wisely. The spot will run before movie previews at theaters in 12 U.S. cities, including Long Beach, from Friday through Dec. 3.

www.latimes.com...

It seems to me that they are trying to look like the good guys now. I don't know of any other purpose. I saw the news on FOX last night but they didn't elaborate much.

To the moderators:
If this belongs in another place, please move it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The videos are in the Federal Reserve education section, there is another video about forclosures there too, here is the link for the videos.
www.federalreserveeducation.org...#

new topics

join