It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the LHC designed by aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Maybe I just don't have enough faith in my fellow man. Sure I am wowed by technology.. the internet, iphone, IBM bluebrain.. but the LHC seems like something on a completely different level. Could we be looking at some sort of alien construction built by man similar to what took place in the book/film "Contact"? Have we received plans from SETI to build this thing? When I look at all the LHC images I sit here stupified as to how the hell we did it and it seems like an insane amount of time, money, resource, power, scale just to smash particles. Maybe that LHC scientist was setting us up for something when he said 'something could come through' when it's fully activated. Or maybe LHC is a disclosure test for first contact? The aliens have said we are ready to fully meet them when we can show them a certain particle exists. Is it a coincidence the Vatican is talking aliens, NASA announced life in a martian meteor and LHC says something may come through.. all of this soon before the LHC goes to full power? Something is not right, I can't quite put my finger on it. What do you guys think? I take full responsibility if I'm reading too much into this

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
No. I wouldnt think so. Only that if it was, im sure aliens would have already smashed the atom to look for the God particle. What with all the advanced tech credit we give them. Plus i also think it wouldnt have broken down so many times. Unless Marvin the martion is a messy eater, dropping bread crumbs everywhere....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
good post x'D
definitely flagging this.
It does seem actually crazy about the idea of how they came up with the idea of making the LHC and more reason of why there was a rumour going around saying 'it would be the end of the world' could that have been a sign of maybe saying aliens could of been contacting... don't know if i'm actually on the right top about me saying this?

but interesting!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
the LHC was not the first particle accelerators..

The first large proton synchrotron was the Cosmotron at Brookhaven National Laboratory, which accelerated protons to about 3 GeV. The Bevatron at Berkeley, completed in 1954, was specifically designed to accelerate protons to sufficient energy to create antiprotons, and verify the particle-antiparticle symmetry of nature, then only strongly suspected

so this IMO shows its was made by humans, good scientists...gradually through the years.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I wouldnt think so.
Im guessing that aliens would be far more advanced than us and would of included in the design an sub-atomic anti pastry device of some sorts.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think the LHC has or will be become the next HAARP, a convenient scapegoat for any hair brained theory that someone comes up with.

Need something to connect theory x with theory y? Throw in the LHC! It all makes sense now!

The LHC is just like the other colliders around the world, it just happens to be the largest and most well known, theres nothing alien about it's design, nor is there anything nefarious going on.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
As other posters on this thread have pointed out it seems very unlikely aliens designed the LHC for us.

I can just see this on "The Simspons"

Kang: Stupid earthlings actually believe they can actually rule the universe with a Rigellian child's science project.

Kodos: Yes, stupid earthlings.

Kang and Kodos: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I think the LHC has or will be become the next HAARP, a convenient scapegoat for any hair brained theory that someone comes up with.

Need something to connect theory x with theory y? Throw in the LHC! It all makes sense now!

The LHC is just like the other colliders around the world, it just happens to be the largest and most well known, theres nothing alien about it's design, nor is there anything nefarious going on.

i'm not being a smart*ss or anything...but what practical application does the LHC have? i have read several articles and all they talk about is finding the god particle...so...they find it, then what? thousands of scientists, billions of dollars, years of construction...for what? published papers and a nobel prize??? let's face it..all these billions spent, have to have some type of return on investment.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I just wonder what the scientists are thinking. “We’re going to create a black hole, but don’t worry it will dissipate almost immediately, we think”. Ya, confidence that’s what I like. Could this be the beginning of the whole 2012 thing?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
the LHC reminds me of this big old computers, i doubt its far advanced alien tech.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Finding the Higgs Boson will confirm the theory of how matter forms. To explain further will confuse the both of us

Suffice to say it will rewrite many a physics text book.

Just google Higgs Boson to find more info.

[edit on 28/11/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Finding the Higgs Boson will confirm the theory of how matter forms

good look finding it LOL because its not a partical

just because some old fuddy duddy makes an equation people are so dumb and lazy to investigate it.. and in fact take it as the gosple

Do you want to know what the god partical is?

YOU

did that rewrite any text book?

its a FORCE a supper heavy partical, yeah no # it's heavy i mean trying to compare a human to a sun is kinda the same thing..

mass forms only when it is relitive to the object that is obersving it..

basic lesson 101

That is why a ROCK is a ROCK because it can not BE a ROCK if you are not observing it

= interaction of mass and engery in of its self

did not mean to bore you

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I was also thinking maybe it is for the creation of anti-matter and an anti-matter bomb to stop a planet killing asteroid that is on the way.. who knows hehe..

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I am conspiracy theorist and avid believer of aliens, science over religion, etc...

But this LHC scares the hell out of me. You have to be an idiot not to see this thing is designed for something other than what they say.

Are you telling me this huge machine was built by all these people, all this money and time was spent on this... just to find some imaginary particle that may or may not be there?

There are people with no jobs, people dying because we cant eat... and all this money was spent on this?

BS... What is the real purpose of this thing....

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just because people don't understand something doesn't mean it's not possible (not saying I do though =p). Whenever I look at videos of say, how a CPU is made, it seems impossible to me that humans could develop something like that, especially considering that CPUs and GPU get faster and faster every year.

Maybe you guys just watch too much sci-fi where they can build a spacestation and get into comission in just a few months.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by shade454]

top topics

join