It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
THE CHIEF CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JINNS
1. In the normal state they are not visible to ordinary human sight.
2. They are, however, capable of materializing and appearing in the physical world. And they can alternately make themselves visible or invisible at will.
3. They can change shape, and appear in any sort of guise, large or small. (See for example, Ahmad Jamaludin's excellent report, A WAVE OF SMALL HUMANOIDS IN MALAYSIA IN 1970, in FSR Vol. 28, No. 5). Ahmad Jamaludin is a Muslim, and he knows, of course, what it is that we are talking about.
4. They are able also to appear in the guise of ANIMALS. (Yetis? Pumas? Loch Ness Monsters? ) [And Chupacabras, it appears -d4]
5. They are inveterate liars and deceivers, and delight in bamboozling and misleading mankind with all manner of nonsense. (See the average Spiritualist SEANCE for examples of their activities, and also the usual "communications" from UFO entities in close-encounter cases. ) ["channeling," anyone? -d4]
6. They are addicted to the abduction or kidnapping of humans. (The Scotsman Robert Kirk, who wrote "The Secret Commonwealth" in 1691, evidently "knew more than was good for his health", and was killed by them. )
7. They delight in tempting humans into sexual intercourse and liaisons with them, and Arabic literature abounds with accounts of this kind of contact by mankind with both the "goodies" and the "baddies" among the JINNS. There are also even a considerable number of accounts of encounters between the "goodies" and famous Muslim saints. For example, the book MANAQUIB AL-ARIFIN has a number of very significant references to contacts between such higher beings, and JALAL AL-DIN RUMI, Islam's greatest mystical poet, who lived from 1207 to 1273.
(I often wonder which category of JINNUS it was that was encountered in Brazil by the farmer A. V. B. See my third article on "A. V. B." , POSTSCRIPT TO THE MOST AMAZING CASE OF ALL, in FSR Vol. 11, No. 4, August 1965. )
IN OFFICIAL ISLAM - AND THIS CANNOT BE OVER-EMPHASIZED - THE EXISTENCE OF THE JINNS HAS ALWAYS BEEN COMPLETELY ACCEPTED, EVEN LEGALLY, AND EVEN TO THIS DAY, IN ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE. THE FULL CONSEQUENCES IMPLIED BY THEIR EXISTENCE WERE WORKED OUT LONG AGO. THEIR LEGAL STATUS, IN ALL RESPECTS, WAS DISCUSSED AND FIXED, AND THE POSSIBLE RELATIONS BETWEEN THEM AND MANKIND -- ESPECIALLY IN RELATION TO QUESTIONS OF MARRIAGE AND PROPERTY! -- WERE SERIOUSLY EXAMINED BY JURISTS, AS THE GREATEST AND MOST AUTHORITATIVE WESTERN SOURCE, THE ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF ISLAM, CONFIRMS.
Stories of sexual commerce between JINNS and mankind have been of perennial interest to Arab readers, and it is important at this point to mention that in CHINESE literature (and in China the Han population are not Muslims -- only certain of the smaller minority peoples of the North-West and Far West are) there is also a considerable tradition of this sort which awaits examination by Ufologists.
The great Arabic literary catalogue known as the FIHRIST, compiled in the year 373 of the Muslim Calendar ( = C. E. 995) by Muhammad bin Ishaq bin Abi Ya'qub al-Nadim al-Warraq al-Baghdadi, lists no less than sixteen works dealing with this theme. (Compare also the European occultists' records of sexual contact between men and female SYLPHS, as well as the copious medieval Christian records relating to INCUBI and SUCCUBAE. )
Most Westerners will discount all this talk about the JINNS with the usual argument that the Arabs "are barbarians anyway". Let me therefore point out that, in C. E. 995, when the FIHRIST was written, the brilliant civilization of the Arabs was incomparably higher than anything elsewhere in the world except for China and that Christian and Western RENAISSANCE owes its origins as much to our contact with Islam (the Crusades) as to the early percolation of Greek learning to the West.
As a matter of fact quite a lot of the philosophy and the literature of the Greeks reached us first, not in Greek at all, but in the Arabic translations secured from Cordoba and Toledo in Spain in the 10th and 11th centuries, when the Muslims still held most of Spain.
It is only in the last few centuries, and particularly since the Industrial Revolution and the growth of modern materialistic Science, that the West has forged ahead. But in 1200 C. E. Muslim Science was in the lead, particularly in such fields as Medicine, Mathematics, and Astronomy, and it would be grossly impudent to assume that our current "superiority" over them has anything permanent about it.
8. THE JINNS are wont to snatch up humans and teleport or transport them, setting them down again -- if indeed they ever do set them down again -- miles away from where they were picked up, and all this is the "twinkling of an eye". (See my first article on TELEPORTATIONS, about the Spanish soldier who, on October 25, 1593, was suddenly taken from Manila in the Philippine Islands across the Pacific to Mexico City. In FSR Vol. 11, No. 2, 1965).
9. The Arabian tradition asserts that, throughout all known history, there have been a few particular human beings who, through some strange favour, have "been in league with the JINNS" or "had a compact with the JINNS" -- to such a degree that the JINNS have endowed them with what we regard as "preternatural powers" -- ie. , PSYCHIC POWERS.
These humans have consequently become known as wonder-workers, soothsayers, and MAGICIANS. (Either "white magicians" or "black magicians", depending of course upon what sort of JINNS they were in league with. )
Here again, compare the European tradition about individuals who have discovered how to collaborate with the KINGDOM OF THE SYLPHS or the FAIRIES. For example, there is the case of the "working partnership", not more than seventy years ago, between a SYLPH and a highly successful Parisian dealer in rare old books. The SYLPH made its contribution by acting as the "scout" and finding out where and in whose possession the rare books were. All the dealer had to do then was to approach the owners and offer to buy!
10. Along with all these displays of prowess by the JINNS there goes, finally, a tremendous TELEPATHIC POWER and the ability (to use an age-old term) to "CAST A GLAMOUR" over their human victims. Our UFO records are already full of evidence of this.