It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im starting to predict my own future vaguely!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I've been having a lot of déjà vu. They are future events of my life that have already happened to me but i get to experience them twice. These events are not however significant for example me wining the lottery or anything like that. These events could be anything from me watching a tv show or eating a particular food. When these events occur i instantaneously know that they have happened before. I am starting to gain control over this ability and can vaguely predict whats going to happen if im in familiar surroundings and then i say to myself, "I knew this would happen and it did." I don't know if i will ever hone this skill and be able to predict fully what will happen with me. What do you think it is?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Odd, the exact same thing has been happening to me. it's almost as if everything I do I vaguely remember doing exactly the same way once before.
Then I also feel as if I'm supposed to be ready for something unforeseen.
Sometimes it's nice to know I'm not alone :/

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Salvatore_Rubberface

just a little something to keep you questioning reality.
godspeed (and 2nd line hah)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is happening to me as well. Interesting...
Fun times ahead of us, my friends.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Isn't that, as you said, déjà vu?

It's the same every time I get it: First I get a rush to my head, similar to a sugar rush, except it's mentally stimulating, instead of physically. Then I feel like I already know the next few moments, but by the time I can get a hold of the feelings, those moments are already passing by. Then the rush sensation fades away and everything is normal.

Happens usually once a month, for me. It's never happened for anything important, which makes me wonder if it's the brains way of storage optimization.

I don't know much about the brain in general, so this is probably a naive idea: What if the experience is so similar to a past memory, that the brain simply runs through the old memory, without "writing" the current memory. Though, that would seem redundant, since a separate memory would be made for "that time I got déjà vu about ____".

How about if the memory causing déjà vu was created during a dream? Maybe the altered brain state that the first experience was "written" during temporarily alters the brain's current state when experienced again via déjà vu?

Anyway, just some ramblings. No matter what the cause, it's still a fascinating phenomena.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

It means Agent Smith is nearby. Watch out!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I have been doing this for the past couple of years. I will actually say something out loud or to someone that after wards I will ask myself why I lied (I did not say anything with intent). It then will become true very shortly. It is never anything of any significance, all small things.

All of it comes true within days.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It too has been happening to me for a number of years. However, over the past year or so, these feelings have been more intense due to the fact I do see 11:11 quite a lot. Not sure if they are connected.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Could this be possibly be increasing as 2012 approaches?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I too get this, although the deja vue is from dreams.

It's wierd though cause i will dream the event, but the event NEVER goes down like the dream, just the setting, and as it unfolds i realize i had dreamed the situation.

for example. i dreamed i watched my brother commit suicide. slicing his neck ear to ear in our house, with a few key indentifying what i call "backround markers". backround markers are things that i have identified that arnt normal and are out of place. my days are fairly routine so its very easy to spot in my dreams something that doesnt belong.

so i had the reoccuring dream of my brother committing suicide a few more nights in a row, each time something a little different. I swear i was tapping into alternate dimensions/realities. all strangely similar but not.

fast forward to a day or 2 later, i wake up to my brother coming in and acting very strange, asking if i had clearance, talking about spies. my brother is a very normal character who has had no history of mental problems. At first i thought i was dreaming again, everything vaguely reminisant of my previous dreams. i play into his spies/nukes/clearance/airforce1 crazy #. But then i get the backround markers, the things that make my spine shiver, the seritonin rush.

I only get those rushes when im not dreaming. My brother was getting increasingly agitated, i hid every single knife of his i could find, and kept watch on him and kept him from getting to worked up about these "spies that where everywhere".

It turned out my brother had OD'd on ambien, and i am confidant he would have harmed himself if i had not had this intervention.

edit: its also strange up until recently all my dreams/preminitions have been fairly mundane dumb # that i could never really verify. until now i havnt been able to say with certainty that i was predicting the future. What is going on? is there somewhere i can go to learn more about this stuff? if this isnt some kind of fluke and i really am experiencing visions id like to get better at it.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by BetweenTheLine]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by flylead
It too has been happening to me for a number of years. However, over the past year or so, these feelings have been more intense due to the fact I do see 11:11 quite a lot. Not sure if they are connected.

Oh wow i completely forgot!!!! I am also seeing a lot of 11:11 on my clock. Mainly 2:11, 7:11, 9:11 its every time i look at a clock its 9:10 and then suddenly it is 9:11 it is very weird.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BetweenTheLine

rushes ? i get those rushes too, by the rush or no rush - that's how i define is this truth or hoax, if rush - means my idea/vision or whatever at moment is right

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My own take on what is occurring is that we are seeing the social fabric of our society. All of us are starting to see the patterns that we have created that run this world. You aren't predicting future events, you are seeing the probabilities that exist within the fold of our collective expectation. Once we all recognize this veil of sorts that has expectations attached to ourselves we can navigate around this veil and create our own outcome.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
fyi, deja vu can be attributed to small seizures.

new topics

top topics

join