It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light or Dark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've got a simple question, more of a poll I guess. I assume everyone knows that we have the option to change how we view ATS/BTS, either "light" or "dark" (for those who may be unfamiliar the "switch" is located top left)

I have mine set to dark and I always assumed that was the default (anyone who can confirm this let me know)

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone else has their view set to. I know it seems pointless but it may have an impact on the design of a new avatar I'm working on, and how it would look to the majority of other members.

So let me know Light or Dark

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
DARK
Light messes with my eyes, my brain, and makes me feel dizzy and weird...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yes, I too prefer the "Darkside"

My fondest memories happened in the DARK.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Eeeek! No!

You'd only just told me about that little switch up there...
So yeah I think Dark is the default.

The Light mode feels just so wrong! It screwed with my eyes and could barely read a thing...

Think I'll be staying firmly in the dark here thanks very much!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The Dark - although on one computer it shows up much darker than on the other.

I prefer it as dark as possible.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The Dark..

Mainly because my posts... light up the darkness lol Plus my new avatar now has a flash light...

- JC

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I use light.

It's because I like Britney Spears.

...Not really. But I do use light. Primarily because it was easier for my eyes when working on a huge project that required me to read about a few thousand threads.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Oooohhhh... all on the darkside...

Me too.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
gotta say, I prefer the dark theme.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Dark here as well. The light messes with my eyes. As far as I've seen, the dark, is the default here. When I visit ATS on another computer that has never been on the site, then it seems that "dark" is the default.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Dark, the light one looks a little awkward imo, I have firefox set to black aswell, so everything in color stands out more.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Mine is dark as well I tryied light and its just a little to bright for me.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

What do you mean "firefox set to black"?

you mean your fiefox browserr has the dark ATS theme, or do you mean there is a setting in firefox?

I ask because I recently (a few months ago) I switched to firefox. I was a firm user of IE, and never had any problems...EVER. Then I installed Daemon tools. I need the virtual drive for several programs I use, and my laptop (since my desktop dumped on me and I'm broke I am stuck with the laptop for a while) is limited on computing power.

I assume the virtual drive is using up the processor/ram but IE8 is now a DOG! I mean I can clock upwards of a minut to load pages (unacceptable) I switched to firefox and all is well, but I haven't spent any time playing with it, nor am I likely to as long as it loads pages reasonably fast.

Any tips are welcome.

P.S. thanks for the replies everybody, looks like dark is king but keep 'em coming

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
dark fo sho!

i switched to the light to find out..and no sir ree bob

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

It's an add on for firefox, called anycolor Anycolor

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Dark.

I tried the light for awhile, but it didn't look quite right.
I would imagine if we could select our own colours there would be a good amount of people with at least 1 custom colour for fonts, or backgrounds.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I use light.

It's because I like Britney Spears.

...Not really. But I do use light. Primarily because it was easier for my eyes when working on a huge project that required me to read about a few thousand threads.

I actually didn't think that there would be any people that used the light setting. You have proven me wrong and although I use the dark as well as the majority, all I have to say to you ravenshadow is, when you get older, you too will join the darkside. MMUUAAAHHHHHAAA

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I prefer dark... Light is too dry...

I tried the light for a while... but it seemed harder on the eyes.

top topics

join