It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people trust corrupted politicians to pass legitimate legislation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Often when I read posts on here, with some of the things stated, I cannot believe what I'm seeing.

We all want health care fixed...but how can you possibly think the corrupted in Washington will do the right thing? It doesn't matter what side you are for anymore when what you believe in and want MEANS NOTHING.

You defend Obama. Why are you defending the man? It's the same thing with Palin and the usual "shallow" posts of her like; Palin 2012! Palin makes the Libs and Dems mad!

Palin, McCain, Biden, Obama, Pelosi, and countless others ALL supported the bailouts against strong opposition from the public.

The very fact that the Republicans on this sight keep pushing woman who has supported adding trillions of hidden debt to American citizens drives me insane.
Just stop it. Hold your own political leaders responsible for what they are supposed to be representing you for.

200 millionares in Congress. 200!!!!!

How in the hell is a millionare going to represent someone who is completely broke and homeless. How is a millionare supposed to represent someone who makes 30,000 a year? They can't. Instead they listen to those with all of the money...the corporations and lobbyist FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.

I'm just getting tired of all of it and lately it has seemed to get worse on ATS.

You want to get this country headed back in the right direction you'll put someone in office who supports enforcing anti-trust laws again or someone who is STRONGLY opposed to our terrible trade policies that hurt American workers...ALL WORKERS.... someone who will call out the corrupt!!! Name then. Imprison them. Prove your words truthful!!!!

Do something about our border to curb illegal immigration. Actually imprison companies who employ them at cheap wages illegally...and then avoiding the taxes ON TOP OF IT!!

Fooled you once...shame on them.
Fooled you twice...shame on YOU.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by David9176]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think people either don't realize the extent of the corruption (though I think those on ATS largely do) or else they hope that the public nature of a congressman's job will be enough to have them do the right thing, at least most of the time. They would be wrong, but I suspect it's largely a case of not having all the information.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

you'll put someone in office who supports enforcing anti-trust laws again or someone who is STRONGLY opposed to our terrible trade policies that hurt American workers...ALL WORKERS.... someone who will call out the corrupt!!! Name then. Imprison them. Prove your words truthful!!!!

You really think we can find somebody willing to sign their own death warrant?

Power corrupts and no one can win office without having other corrupt individuals pay the election bill.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You really think we can find somebody willing to sign their own death warrant?

IF that is what it takes. If a true, legitimate leader arose and started naming names.....and coming clean himself....then yes I hope there is someone out there with the cajones to be a champion for the people and our Constitution.

That would be the one thing that could wake everyone up in unison. Electing a man/woman of the people...what many thought they were voting for with Obama....who actually came through on his word to clean up Washington and kick ass doing it..then only to see him assassinated or killed could change everything. People would truly realize that they cannot win through the traditional democratic process. (We need campaign finance reform!) That can be both good or bad depending on how you look at it. Of course I don't wish death on anyone but that is the point I'm trying to make.

Will a real leader ever rise before our demise?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The problem is the system it is conducive to failure.Its too corrupt ,lobbyist control the politicians.

No honest man will run!!!Instead of electing have a massive lottery like the draft.If your name is pulled you serve that position.The Democrats & Republicans will continue their lies until the system is changed.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
OP, you have touched on one of the most important reasons for term limits.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishing
The problem is the system it is conducive to failure.Its too corrupt ,lobbyist control the politicians.

No honest man will run!!!Instead of electing have a massive lottery like the draft.If your name is pulled you serve that position.The Democrats & Republicans will continue their lies until the system is changed.

There is nothing wrong with the system. The Constitution is one of the most important documents in the history of man. What needs to be changed is the people who ignore it and do not believe it is relevant any longer.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
People are too afraid to claim responsibility for themselves David.

They'd rather let a horrible person govern their lives than govern it themselves.

This way when the wrong decision is made they can place the blame on someone else.

Let's not forget that most of the sheople are ignorantly blissful. . .

PS: congratulation on your daughter David

hopefully this world is in a better situation by the time Zoie grows up . . .

[edit on 12/5/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
well, Ralph Nader was running for pres. in the last 2 election cycles...

and he was all about breaking apart the love-affair between Corporations & our 2 houses of Congress...
and throwing out the Lobbyst influence.

I did what i could do, & all i could do was exercise my vote

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've thought the same thing myself. I have friends that believe in a NWO but then say stuff like "well the republicans are pushing this" or "the democrats are scared of that". Are'nt they all on the same team? Either way I guess you'll have a better idea of the possibility of passing good legislation when we see what happens with the audit the fed bill.

new topics

top topics

join