It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAUDI ARABIA: Kingdom steps up hunt for 'witches' and 'black magicians'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I agree with your post........America is big on invading, at the drop of a hat.

Only one country has ever used a WMD no names mentioned, I'll give you all a hint: August 6 & 9, 1945.

No body should be invading anybody. We should all be "playing" together nicely.

Saying "We should invade" anywhere shows a pompous and primitive mindset.

Witch hunts, we should invade, etc - god will humanity ever grow up?

We are still a primitive warring hairless ape, fighting over our many "gods", beliefs and each others land.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
So much for being psychic, the poor fella didn't see that one coming, did he?

You're right on it.

The Saudi Arabia government should understand that Psychic business is more about "make believe" and "fairytale". There's a child in every one of us.

If a person was a real psychic, he/she would've avoided arrest.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

You're right on it.

The Saudi Arabia government should understand that Psychic business is more about "make believe" and "fairytale". There's a child in every one of us.

Actually its much more a business based on fraud and giving people false hope and then exploiting it.

Ms. Cleo didn't end up in jail in Saudi Arabia but the United States of America for making false claims and agressive business practices that targeted the weak minded, desperate, poor and the handicaped.

Astrology is all fine and dandy for kicks but when people turn it into a business for profit and one that bilks desperate people searching for real answers for real problems with false promises and bad advice well like it or not it's a crime and one we prosecute right here in America.

We just don't sentence people to death for it. Though with Aids and violence being what it is in the prison system any sentence has the Russian Roulette potential to become a death sentence.

Edit to add: I sense you are troubled, yes troubled by something...I sense you are angry, yes angry and frightened over...over...wait it's coming to me...injustice in the world...yes you are angry and frightened over injustice in the world...am I correct...wait, wait I am picking something else up too...you, you, wait, ah now I can feel it, you are having problems regarding money! You are angry and frightened over injustice in the world and worried about money problems!

What an amazing gift I have!

[edit on 28/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Like him, many people have landed on death row for being psychics, and even people who don't claim to be psychics have received the death sentence because other people claimed they were witches, or sorcerers.

Same thing happens in uk or usa, they just have loads of drugs to force you to take, if you think something wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

Do you know what lengths people goto to destroy people, they think are different?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Explanation?

bored folks.

Not saying it's fake, saying it's not very solid proof for sentencing someone to death because of some conflicting views of the world around us.

It's unfortunate that the internet is heading for censorship. It could be used to educate the world in how to be open minded to other people's beliefs and not be so threatened when they speak their minds.

What is our world coming to?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Interesting thread.

Here are some more inspiring tales about the Saudi religious police:

The Al-Madina regional branch of the Saudi religious and morality police, formally known as "The Authority for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices," recently launched its new website.[1] The site posts news items, citizens' violations, and includes a section that allows citizens to inform anonymously on persons they suspect of violating religious and moral laws.

www.memri.org...

Murder:

During a school fire in Mecca in March they reportedly drove back girls who tried to escape without wearing headscarves, and prevented male rescuers from entering the building on the grounds that they would be "mixing" with the opposite sex. Fourteen girls died in the blaze.

Yesterday Amnesty International was sceptical about the training programme. "Saudi Arabia's religious police have an appalling record of brutality and discrimination going far beyond failings with interpersonal skills," a spokesman said. "Their track record includes making violent and arbitrary arrests, subjecting women in particular to taunts and vicious beatings, and lashing out at people taken into detention.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Religious police in Saudi Arabia arrest mother for sitting with a man: www.timesonline.co.uk...

Saudi Religious Police: Christians "Trying to Spread the Poison and their Beliefs':
www.jihadwatch.org...

Saudi religious police sentence woman to death for being a witch:
www.youtube.com...

The list just goes on and on - they actualy remind me a bit of the Gestapo.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Too funny...

I was thinking the same exact thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I actually lived in Saudi Arabia (the city of Jeddah to be exact) for a few months about 15 years ago. It is a very different culture - one where women are not allowed to sit in the front of vehicles, there is a regular police force and a religious police force, the rich are uber-rich, the poor are uber-poor. If I found myself at the city's shopping mall on the day that they did the beheadings and cutting off of hands (in an open area at the center of the mall no less), they would try to push me and any other westerner to the front so that we would have a great view and to put a little scare into us. Naturally, I did my shopping on other days.

It is a very strange culture and this sort of thing with the "witches" doesn't surprise me at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Don't judge them just because We remain hidden from your line of sight.

You cannot say there are, or there are not, creatures of the Old living on this planet.

You simply haven't caught one yet.

Keep Your Mind Open.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There is an old saying in this world.

"Be careful what you wish for"

There is no free lunches, with regard to these things and those abilities.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Executing someone for witchcraft in the 21st century???!!!???

In this day and age when Paganism and Wicca are recognised religions, the Saudies should chill out...!!

Afterall, Muslims expect everyone to respect their religion, so why don't they respect those of other cultures?

Seems like Islam is a one way street to me, which is why I don't like them very much and never will untill they get with the rest of the world and stop trying to take it over and impose their Ideals on everyone else, while ignoring the ideals of everyone else.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Did they mention the part about "if he weighs as much as a duck, he must be a witch?"

Seriously, these are the same guys bush kissed on both cheeks. As long as the oil companies still make their millions, our presidents' campaigns will continue to be funded by big oil and turn a blind eye to all the medeval practices in Saudi Arabia.

We must fight for over unity sources of power and end the oil companies reign of terror.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It's an obvious fake. Notice that deep box and mattress hiding what's underneath? It's a real human's head whose body is hidden beneath the surface. The disturbing body of the "creature" on top of the mattress is fake. Most children learn at a young age that just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. Use your reasoning ability and you'll quickly see through amateurish hoaxes such as this "devil woman".

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The day you see a saudi arabian male, tell a joke, do a practical joke, or even smile, you let me know! (please post and shoot me a u2u)

One of my best friends was a driver for a client who was going over to the "king of s.a."'s pad, back when he was just a prince.(circa 1986/7) In Lajolla Ca., He let me come along once, I went INTO his crib, met him, did not shake hands, I wish I could tell about some other stuff I saw, but I actually think they "might find out somehow" and maybe snuff my ass like they (arab prince)(allegedly) did Michael Jackson, anyway this guy looked/acted like he had never even smiled/ told a joke, or done anything else even remotely resembling "humor" in his whole life!

So, when you talk smack ablout generalizations, there's no way you could be talking about saudi males!

Cheers, mate!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

So basically you are basing your opinion about the entire male saudi population on your experience with one of them...?

That to me sound like generalisation.

But it is irrelevant. Relevant is the fact that these people hold a certain believe and we are not the ones to say wether this is right or wrong. It is their country, let them do what they want.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
So? Gonna invade them now too? Seems you've cited half the reasons for going into Iraq.

Can you tell me WHERE did i say anything about "invading Saudi Arabia"?....

Once again you show that you just put words on people's mouth, and most of the time you don't know what you are talking about...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Good one, but I hope you do know that's a hoax.

That's a woman lying right at the end of a bed with her head poping up, and then you see the body of what seems to be a fox with it's head hidden.

That is a bad hoax.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I agree with your post........America is big on invading, at the drop of a hat.

Nice to see that some people like yourself love to hate the U.S.... BTW, WHERE did I say anything in the OP, OR ANYWHERE to invade SAudi Arabia?....

Only one country has ever used a WMD no names mentioned, I'll give you all a hint: August 6 & 9, 1945.

.....and Japan made a backstabbing surprise attack on the U.S. meanwhile claiming they wanted peace during the peace talks, they were just buying time to sneak into Pearl Harbor and destroy much of the U.S. Navy....

By then it was thought a ground force would invade the U.S., and the only way to stop the war, and millions of other deaths was with the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki....

I wish it didn't happen, but that is what happens in time of WAR.....

The U.S. didn't start that war, JAPAN did. We just made sure Japan got the message that we would destroy them before they made a ground invasion.

BTW, if you read the Vedic scriptures the ancient Hindus state they used atomic weapons given to them by the Gods thousands of years ago to fight against other nations, so the U.S. was not the first country to use nuclear weapons.

No body should be invading anybody. We should all be "playing" together nicely.

.... The post was to show what happens in countries like Saudi Arabia, and I gave advice for people not to go there, more so if such people are wiccan, or pagan, and more so western women... I DIDN'T say anything about this being a cause for invading.....

Saying "We should invade" anywhere shows a pompous and primitive mindset.

and puting words on people's mouths shows nothing but ARROGANCE, and the mindset of egomaniacs who love to hate others.....

Witch hunts, we should invade, etc - god will humanity ever grow up?

We are still a primitive warring hairless ape, fighting over our many "gods", beliefs and each others land.

Obviously you are too primitive to understand what people say. Perhaps you should be the first one to grow up and understand that "topics are not being posted as an excuse to invade other nations"....

[edit on 29-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well,,,they got a bunch of nut case clerics there,,,so Im not surprised,,,,

A lot of their religeon is still in the dark ages....

Last place Id want to go,,,,yuk!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join