It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAUDI ARABIA: Kingdom steps up hunt for 'witches' and 'black magicians'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

SAUDI ARABIA: Kingdom steps up hunt for 'witches' and 'black magicians'

latimesblogs.latim es.com

When the popular 46-year-old Lebanese psychic Ali Sibat went on-air and made his predictions about the future, the phone lines of the satellite television station Sheherazade used to be flooded with calls. But what the star psychic probably did not predict was that his claims to supernatural prowess would land him a death sentence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This self proclaimed Lebanese psychic landed a death sentence as he visited Saudi Arabia and the religious police saw him, and detained him.

Like him, many people have landed on death row for being psychics, and even people who don't claim to be psychics have received the death sentence because other people claimed they were witches, or sorcerers.

There are cases like Fawza Falih, a 51 year old woman who was accused by a man that she was the cause of his impotence, and she landed in deathrow in which she has been since 2006.

This is inconcievable, but it is happening. So remember, don't make any claims of being psychic, and you still take a risk if you visit Saudi Arabia, more so if you are a woman, and if some man proposes to you and you don't accept but then the man accuses you of being a witch, which will land you in death row....

Part of the article also states.

“Saudi courts are sanctioning a literal witch hunt by the religious police,” Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East director at Human Rights Watch, said in a news release. “The crime of ‘witchcraft’ is being used against all sorts of behavior, with the cruel threat of state-sanctioned executions.”

Judging from previous witchcraft convictions in Saudi Arabia, anyone who publicly displays what authorities describe as suspicious behavior risks becoming a target of the religious police.

Link

latimesblogs.latim es.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The dictates of some countries is still so backwards, and so barbaric to this day and age that it almost feels like it is some horror movie, and not real life, but unfortunately it is happening.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Bunch of nuts. The ones we should have invaded in 2001 is Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan. The whole crazy ideology comes from there. And they fund terrorism all over the world, not to mention the madrassas in Pakistan, which themselves are creating hate...

Saudi Arabia is so backward they freaking hunt WITCHES... seriously... can we please put sanctions on them and stop selling them high tech military stuff? Let them go to war against Iran if they want to.

Put sanctions on them or ignore them.

They lived in tribes in the desert for most of their history. Let them do that if they want. No need to ``civilise`` them if they don't want it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Now I know one place That's not going to be on my travel plans...lol...All the pentagrams I wear, OMG, I'd be staked for sure!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
wow look at the reasons other people were banned..

Scores of alleged witch doctors, fortunetellers, and black magicians each year are dragged through the Saudi courts, including Fawza Falih, who’s been on death row since 2006 for witchcraft. Her accusers include a man who claims the 51-year-old, illiterate Falih is the reason for his impotence.

.. causing impotence??

and..

Most recently, the Saudi daily Okaz carried a report on the arrest of an Asian man nabbed by the religious police in Ta’if on Nov. 19 for “sorcery” and “charlatanry.” The man was said to have used supernatural powers to make people fall in love with him and to solve marital disputes.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I'm sure future generations will still consider us in the "Dark Ages" since we really haven't gotten very far as a species since then. Our weapons to kill each other are fancier but that's about it sadly.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So much for being psychic, the poor fella didn't see that one coming, did he?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

The dictates of some countries is still so backwards, and so barbaric to this day and age that it almost feels like it is some horror movie, and not real life, but unfortunately it is happening.

So? Gonna invade them now too? Seems you've cited half the reasons for going into Iraq.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
what SAUDI ARABIA is doing is outrageous and injustice and primitive!

This what Middle Age Eve Britain and america did in the past remember the tale

Burn The witches?

Why are ATS members defending SAUDI ARABIA actions??

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I can take heart that it's not just the evil Christians in Africa who are killing witches. Sarcasm, okay?

Freaking Dark Age reaction. Oh, wait, Saul, in the BCE, ordered witches and such to be killed or driven away.

I guess this crap just continues for millenia and beyond. I'd predict that these sort of witch hunts will continue for centuries to come, but I might be sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia.
Not a problem, though, I vow to never return to that gawdforsaken holy
land again, at least not in this present lifetime.

Edited to fix a screw up. That bottle of fine Kentucky wine is about half empty now.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by kyred]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We should all start stating that Saudi's leaders are giving us headaches and nightmares and seeing as they are there and we are here , they must be using witchcraft, casting spells across the world. And seeing as all it takes is an accusation we should use their rules against them. Maybe after a few religeous nuts have been eliminated the Saudis can finaly start to modernise?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Bunch of nuts. The ones we should have invaded in 2001 is Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan. The whole crazy ideology comes from there. And they fund terrorism all over the world, not to mention the madrassas in Pakistan, which themselves are creating hate...

Saudi Arabia is so backward they freaking hunt WITCHES... seriously... can we please put sanctions on them and stop selling them high tech military stuff? Let them go to war against Iran if they want to.

Put sanctions on them or ignore them.

They lived in tribes in the desert for most of their history. Let them do that if they want. No need to ``civilise`` them if they don't want it.

...pheeeewwww...first time caller.

I'm callin' your country about terrorism. you know it just occured to me that people from my country have been killed because of the actinos of your country that are somehow too large in scope for you to take responsibility for. That about sums it up. I'm a conservative that'll vote ndp, and jack layton is short and angry enough to make a achange, but that don't console me at all.

what i'm tryin' to say is that i'm what you could loosely refer to as a "bush sympathizer".
And trust me, that's a stretch man. I could see where he was coming from....just like i could see where chretien was comin' from when he said "kisss my french muffin" regarding iraq.

Well I'll play your game then, is what i'm sayin'. I'll play this patriotism game and ask you what benefit canada, britain, australia, or any of the other underreported countries with interests have that make buying into the us brand of imperialism is in any way feasable. feasible...feezable.....
rhymes with sleezeball.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by heyo]

[edit on 28-11-2009 by heyo]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
HA! look at this, here on ATS.

This is the only Vid I have ever seen that REALLY DISTURBED me for about 10days! Couldn't get it out of my head!

Warning! VERY SCARY! If you are at all squimish, do NOT watch this!

After you watch this, and you DOUBT "witchcraft/sorcery" in Saudi Arabia, I would appreciate an explanation!

Here it is!

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy! BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
what SAUDI ARABIA is doing is outrageous and injustice and primitive!

This what Middle Age Eve Britain and america did in the past remember the tale
Burn The witches?

And who stepped in to educate the British and American back then?

That's right, nobody! You got the change to learn and grow without interference. Maybe we should trust that they will someday be able to make better judgement.

Why are ATS members defending SAUDI ARABIA actions??

I am not defending anybody but it is a bit hard to pick sides because from my point of view Saudi Arabia and America both still carry out the death sentence and they are both equally primitive in this respect. Should i now get the urge to venture off to America and try to change this?

Peace

[edit on 28/11/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

A few different animals partially covered with sheets and a transvestite with their head poking out from under a table. I hope you see it now.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 2compelled

Saudi's do NOT have senses of humor!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ya'll are not falling for the despot view of the world i would hope

I think that Saudi Arabia has come quite far in the last few decades. Us as America should be supportive and understanding. Every country has their evil. Yes it is a "primitive" way of dealing justice but come on....Our countries legal system sometimes makes me sick...There needs to be hardline countries such as our great country- THE United States of America to remind the rest of the world to chill out and take some anti-anxiety pills...haha

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Generalize much?

Did you know all americans are overweight and all british people drink tea......

What happened to ATS lately?

Prejudice:

A prejudice is a preconceived belief, opinion, or judgment toward a group of people or a single person because of race, social class, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability, political beliefs , religion, line of work or other personal characteristics. It also means a priori beliefs (without knowledge of the facts) and includes "any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence."[1] Although positive and negative prejudice both exist, when used negatively, "prejudice" implies fear and antipathy toward such a group or person.

Nevermind......

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I've seen scarier fake animal/human crossbreed stuff like this in local low budget haunted houses at Halloween time. If you really believe that this video was not made up from a few animals and a person laid out in a certain way to appear as one, I can only hope that you will study it a little closer and come to your senses.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

What an intresting thread ElectricUniverse it's like steping back in time do you know what his predictions where that could be intresting.
And mindcrime im a coffee man do not like tea

S+F intresting

THANKYOU

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join